Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

best video/audio app for live distance jamming?

3 albums canceled/postponed till Fall, so my partner in Amsterdam (I am in Chicago) suggested we try the live thing via video. We play open free improv, and usually work trading files, but were looking fwd to doing this is the same room...never done that before, and while trading files is cool, and we have stuff out, the very nature of this music depends on listening in the moment and responding.

I tried using what was available years ago, but with not-so-happy results. So, can the massive give us a clue to a state of the tech app to do this?

thanks!

Comments

• I think you will find the latency related to video/audio to be challenging. Take a look at the Endlesss beta (which is closing fast due to the imminent launch) as it's the closest thing I've seen to real-time collaboration jamming.

• I hear good things about Jacktrip from a friend with lots of experience doing this kind of thing. For a detailed guide—including about network concerts more generally— see: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YLX8NatB_Ktdr24LyVg7h_P3zwG1lh1D0A0e733mCYo/edit?usp=sharing

(Also google keyword: 'telematic' music performance.)

@lukesleepwalker I love Endlesss too! Depending on what the OP has in mind with free improv, it might be too restrictive, though.

• tanks da boat o' yews..(chicago-ease for thanks guys). Looking into these, and Jacktrip looks like it would do it, though I might need an interpreter, though that's not a bad thing. ohwell..my idea is simply a real time session between here and London, no video, just "being in the same room" session of free improve, being able to play with/against/ etc each other. I also looked at the obvious, Zoom, etc, but that wouldn't do it. I really liked the jackrabbit explanation of how to do it.

I will start looking for others here that need a similar thing, it would be great to have a small space here to do this, and let other people use it as well. The jacktrip community seems the right place to start looking.

• @ohwell said:
    I hear good things about Jacktrip from a friend with lots of experience doing this kind of thing. For a detailed guide—including about network concerts more generally— see: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YLX8NatB_Ktdr24LyVg7h_P3zwG1lh1D0A0e733mCYo/edit?usp=sharing

@lukesleepwalker I love Endlesss too! Depending on what the OP has in mind with free improv, it might be too restrictive, though.

Saw you in there today! Hope to jam with you sometime.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@ohwell said:
    I hear good things about Jacktrip from a friend with lots of experience doing this kind of thing. For a detailed guide—including about network concerts more generally— see: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YLX8NatB_Ktdr24LyVg7h_P3zwG1lh1D0A0e733mCYo/edit?usp=sharing

Saw you in there today! Hope to jam with you sometime.

🤓