Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiomodern Filterstep Is A FREE Motion Filter Plugin

2

Comments

  • This is so epic I love it! What a free app.

  • pretty cool stuff!

  • Loaded up Filterstep into
    AUM with iKaossilator
    and Patterning for iPhone.

    Syncs to transport.

    Happy.

    Thank you AUM, AudioModern,
    Olympia Noise Co and Korg.

  • I really like this app, only 3 filter types, but you do some really cool rhythmic filtering by applying different amounts of the filter with those bars in the main section. The main sequencer section is not a note sequencer, it is an effect that sequences the amount of the filter being applied to each step.

  • Sound test room is live on YouTube with this new audio modern effect

  • Pure Acid —> Filterstep

    :smile:

  • This is very cool, amazing that this is free, I would buy this for a few bucks no problem

  • Looks rad! And thanks for this.

    Only free on iOS, though. For the desktop plugin, you have to give up your name, email, and street address.

  • edited March 27

    @mistercharlie said:
    Looks rad! And thanks for this.

    Only free on iOS, though. For the desktop plugin, you have to give up your name, email, and street address.

    Obviously you need to download the desktop version from your account @ Audiomodern, and to do that you first need to have/create an account there, which is the same thing you already done on AppStore. Still free.

  • now, that’s sweet 😎

  • @Audiomodern Thank you for this, it's lovely!

    Just paired it with GlichCore for a lovely time:

    It's rather subtle here, but crucial for the effect I was going for. I used the same preset on the original Mersenne sound and the GlitchCore version, but on the original I used a lowpass filter, on GlitchCore the highpass. So instead of a "normal" stepped filter effect, it's more of a way to shift attention back and forth between the original sound and the glitched.

  • @Audiomodern , thanks this is excellent, and for free, even better, but definitely worth paying £ for.
    Any way to randomise the filter type per step (or group of steps) ?

  • edited March 27

    8 steps, fast time sig, infinite mode, 10% wet = lovely bit of movement on synth pads.

    Nice one @Audiomodern ! 👊

  • Just used it in an experiment in a channel in AUM together with Fractal Bits to create a “HighHatish” sound.

  • I have been waiting for a filter effect like this for a while--and it arrives as a free app? Sometimes Christmas arrives in March! Thank you, @Audiomodern!

  • @Identor said:
    Just used it in an experiment in a channel in AUM together with Fractal Bits to create a “HighHatish” sound.

    👍

  • This app is soooo good. And free!

  • edited March 28

    I’ll jump in... This thing is awesome. I used Bram’s Perforator for thing kind of thing, but this has more controls, and is good for randomization, etc.

    First time I can remember where another app caused me to move away from a Bos app. For me at least, that’s impressive. 🤪🐵

    @Audiomodern I think I found a bug though. When you shrink the sequence length, the yellow range handle gets moved left, but when you expand the length the range stays pinned. Also, the range start and stop are not exposed as AU params/cc... can you please expose those?

  • This was such a gift for free that I decided to buy Playbeat as a thank you, also a very cool app it seems

  • Great apps, but the text and some controls are way too small for my iPhone screen.

  • @jolico said:
    Great apps, but the text and some controls are way too small for my iPhone screen.

    Yes developers need to realise we are not all in our 20’s with perfect eyesight and and full use of our digits. I am 60 and love to create EDM music but I have arthuritus in my hands and wear glasses. So please as an ex grpahic designer it is not cool to use small fonts and tiny buttons you just exclude anyonebody with a disability.

  • I suspect cross platform screen resolutions aren't easy to manage.

  • And the same time I try to be happy to have an iPhone support of these apps. And now pushing out iPad only apps en Masse that could be lovely on phone as well... looking at you Klevgr

    @Toastedghost said:

    @jolico said:
    Great apps, but the text and some controls are way too small for my iPhone screen.

    Yes developers need to realise we are not all in our 20’s with perfect eyesight and and full use of our digits. I am 60 and love to create EDM music but I have arthuritus in my hands and wear glasses. So please as an ex grpahic designer it is not cool to use small fonts and tiny buttons you just exclude anyonebody with a disability.

  • Pencil or stylus maybe useful?

  • @jolico said:
    Great apps, but the text and some controls are way too small for my iPhone screen.

    +1

    Text is too small on iPad too for my eyes.

    Maybe I missed it but are there additional controls for the filter somewhere - resonance, envelope, etc.?

  • There is resonance, its one of the three main horizontal lines.

    Yeah, I'll add a +1 to ask devs to make apps easy on the eyes. This app is far from the worst offender in that regard, mind you

  • @jolico said:
    Great apps, but the text and some controls are way too small for my iPhone screen.

    They work a little better in portrait mode on the phone at least from my experience

  • Had to complete my Audio Modern collection after the free filter thing and...
    ...at the same time ask myself a question that I could not answer, why did I wait so long to get Riffer and PlayBeat?!?!?

    Those two apps are simply must-haves when inspirations is on the dry-side :)

  • @Samu said:
    Had to complete my Audio Modern collection after the free filter thing and...
    ...at the same time ask myself a question that I could not answer, why did I wait so long to get Riffer and PlayBeat?!?!?

    Those two apps are simply must-haves when inspirations is on the dry-side :)

    Words of wisdom right here.

Sign In or Register to comment.