Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

So I finally got AUM and Cubasis...

Am I cool now?

(But seriously, any tips on these software?)

Am I cool now?
  1. Is he cool?35 votes
    1. Yeah
      80.00%
    2. Meh
      20.00%

Comments

  • Learn to record AUM into Cubasis. You’ll need it.

  • edited March 26

    I just found this video about AUM setup and big generative soundscapes

  • Congrats on finally getting AUM.. once you've dug in you'll wonder why you waited so long.. absolutely indespensible on iOS.. (along with AudioBus + AudioShare of course)
    For AUM + Cubasis 2, I think Jakob has you covered.. to start..

    AUM Audio Mixer Tutorials by haQ attaQ

    Cubasis 2 Tutorials for iPad - haQ attaQ

  • Dean's got some great ones too..

    AUM playlist

  • @royor said:
    Congrats on finally getting AUM.. once you've dug in you'll wonder why you waited so long.. absolutely indespensible on iOS..

    AUM can be fun and it may be indispensable in your own personal workflow.
    As we've seen, like any DAW, it's not for everyone though.

    See also:
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/37679/stay-at-home-cause-everything-is-canceled-sales#latest

  • When I first saw the thread title I thought: when did I make this?! :)
    So @Samflash3 +1 here, nice to know the poll is working for us :)

  • Cool stuff!!!

  • Thanks everyone for the recommendations. And keep em coming. Having a blast learning new tricks.

    (Although I might use Audiobus for a little bit more before I make the transition)

  • Can you record MIDI instead of audio? Then edit MIDI in Cubasis and then convert it to audio if necessary? Otherwise how do you quantize etc.?

  • One thing you will learn is how much AUM needs external sync.

  • @topaz said:
    One thing you will learn is how much AUM needs external sync.

    I think that is a very personal thing. In 4 years I’ve never once missed it.

  • How do you record in sync into Cubasis from AUM, tips would be great ;-)

    @brambos said:

    @topaz said:
    One thing you will learn is how much AUM needs external sync.

    I think that is a very personal thing. In 4 years I’ve never once missed it.

  • congrats on aum
    now you need the rozeta suite , to control all the parameters and you’ll want some other sequencers 😎
    although rozeta has great sequncers obviously i also recommend steppolyarp and stepbud as well

  • @topaz said:
    How do you record in sync into Cubasis from AUM, tips would be great ;-)

    @brambos said:

    @topaz said:
    One thing you will learn is how much AUM needs external sync.

    I think that is a very personal thing. In 4 years I’ve never once missed it.

    That I'd like to learn too. Even IAA sync does not seem to work, although the IAA ports are selected as inputs in AUM.

  • @topaz said:
    How do you record in sync into Cubasis from AUM, tips would be great ;-)

    @brambos said:

    @topaz said:
    One thing you will learn is how much AUM needs external sync.

    I think that is a very personal thing. In 4 years I’ve never once missed it.

    If Cubasis could just implement Ableton Link, it would be easy. :)

  • edited March 27

    If also all developers also updated to start/stop link maybe.

    For now external midi sync in AUM would be great.

    @j_liljedahl said:

    If Cubasis could just implement Ableton Link, it would be easy. :)

  • @topaz said:
    If also all developers also updated to start/stop link maybe.

    For now external midi sync in AUM would be great.

    @j_liljedahl said:

    If Cubasis could just implement Ableton Link, it would be easy. :)

    I agree MIDI clock slaving in AUM would be great, for syncing to external MIDI-only hardware etc. But for syncing between iOS apps, it's not a good idea. Ableton Link is a good idea.

  • It works very well with Audiobus 3. That’s my workaround ;-)

    @j_liljedahl said:

    @topaz said:
    If also all developers also updated to start/stop link maybe.

    For now external midi sync in AUM would be great.

    @j_liljedahl said:

    If Cubasis could just implement Ableton Link, it would be easy. :)

    I agree MIDI clock slaving in AUM would be great, for syncing to external MIDI-only hardware etc. But for syncing between iOS apps, it's not a good idea. Ableton Link is a good idea.

  • MIDI Link Sync works well as a bridge (can be finicky until things catch up), but agree I would love AUM to slave to my Elektron devices. In any case, AUM is absolutely indispensable.

  • wimwim
    edited March 28

    @dreamsaremaps said:
    MIDI Link Sync works well as a bridge (can be finicky until things catch up), but agree I would love AUM to slave to my Elektron devices. In any case, AUM is absolutely indispensable.

    Audiobus 3 is an excellent midi to Link bridge. Just throw AUM to it and set up the sync options. (BTW, this also proves that good MIDI and Link sync is doable in iOS hosts if the will to do it is there. ;) )

  • @wim said:
    ... (BTW, this also proves that good MIDI and Link sync is doable in iOS hosts if the will to do it is there. ;) )

    Exactly.

Sign In or Register to comment.