Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Help! Just need basic info on Audiobus connections but can't find any?

Hi, new audiobus user. I'm trying to use Auria and AudioMastering app together. I don't know for the life of me how to configure Audiobus to achieve this. Everytime I set the input, effects and output, I get a horrible 'echo' effect. Anyone have any tips or links that explain how to use Audiobus properly? thanks in advance

Comments

• Make sure you have "Audiobus mode" on, in Auria settings.

• If running Audio Mastering as the Effect, and Auria as the Output (or vice versa), if you don't have anything going in the Input slot, that will default to your microphone. The echo is coming from a feed from your mic going into Audio Mastering/Auria, out through the speaker, then feeding back into the mic.

If the audio is coming from Auria, you would need to run that as the Input slot. If this isn't possible (I don't have Auria so I don't know, sorry), then you can export audio from Auria and import that into Audio Mastering, and cut out Audiobus altogether for this task. Hope that makes sense?

• Auria can run simultaneously in the in and out slots with Audio Mastering in the effects

• ^ that is awesome, OP should do what TedBPhx just mentioned

• I've tried running Auria in both in and out with Audio Mastering in the efx as suggested. The audio does work but the Audio Mastering efx is not active..it's just passing thru audio from the Auria input to the Auria output. I can see in the Audio mastering app the levels from Auria but I cannot use the Mastering app... I appreciate all the suggestions so far and I'll keep working on it...

• make sure the "on/off" button on the Audiobus sidebar for Audio Mastering is not highlighted (that means it's on bypass mode)

• edited March 2014

@CalCutta said:

make sure the "on/off" button on the Audiobus sidebar for Audio Mastering is not highlighted (that means it's on bypass mode)<

Thanks,
    I cant' seem to get the Audiobus button to toggle on/off. It's always highlighted, meaning I guess it's being bypassed.