Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis Sale available & Update Pre-Announcement

Hi all,

First and foremost, we very much hope that you and yours are up and well during these times!

Below please find the details about the current Cubasis Sale, which lasts from March 25 to April 8, 2020.

As previously announced, the upcoming Cubasis 3.0.2 update will bring back the highly requested Apple Pencil support and MiniSampler edit functionality, alongside further improvements and fixes. The update is planned to be released on March 30, 2020.

Please stay healthy everybody!

Best wishes,
Lars

Comments

  • LFSLFS
    edited March 25

    Cubasis Sale (March 25 to April 08, 2020)

    Cubasis
    Cubasis 3 $33.99/37.99€ (Reg. $49.99/54.99€)
    Cubasis 2 $15.99/17.99€ (Reg. $23.99/26.99€)

    Cubasis In-App Purchases
    ・Waves Plug-in Bundle IAP $9.99/10.99€ (Reg. $19.99/21.99€)
    ・Classic Machines IAP $2.99/3.99€ (Reg. $6.99/7.99€)
    ・Micrologue ARP IAP $1.99/2.29€ (Reg. $4.99/5.49€)
    ・FX Pack 1 IAP $2.99/3.99€ (Reg. $6.99/7.99€)
    ・FX Pack 2 IAP $2.99/3.99€ (Reg. $6.99/7.99€)

  • @LFS said:
    Cubasis Sale (March 25 to April 08, 2020)

    Cubasis
    Cubasis 3 $33.99/37.99€ (Reg. $49.99/54.99€)
    Cubasis 2 $15.99/17.99€ (Reg. $23.99/26.99€)

    Cubasis In-App Purchases
    ・Waves Plug-in Bundle IAP $9.99/10.99€ (Reg. $19.99/21.99€)
    ・Classic Machines IAP $2.99/3.99€ (Reg. $6.99/7.99€)
    ・Micrologue ARP IAP $1.99/2.29€ (Reg. $4.99/5.49€)
    ・FX Pack 1 IAP $2.99/3.99€ (Reg. $6.99/7.99€)
    ・FX Pack 2 IAP $2.99/3.99€ (Reg. $6.99/7.99€)

    I've just re-bought this, having bought it but returned it upon its release because it was buggy as hell. I'm hoping that some of these bugs are fixed, but I've only had one little go of it this morning and it was already creaking and cracking, with some AUs behaving erratically. Here's hoping!

  • LFSLFS
    edited March 25

    @audio_DT said:
    I've just re-bought this, having bought it but returned it upon its release because it was buggy as hell. I'm hoping that some of these bugs are fixed, but I've only had one little go of it this morning and it was already creaking and cracking, with some AUs behaving erratically. Here's hoping!

    Hi @audio_DT,

    Using Cubasis with third party apps can lead to many unforeseeable issues (such as maxing out the available CPU), which can be resolved easily quite often.

    These are quick and easy options to check, when experiencing cracking (which seems to be CPU-related):

    1 - Start the playback
    2 - Open the System Info panel in the inspector, to check current CPU usage
    3 - Go to System/Audio, and try choose a higher "Hardware Latency" value
    4 - Make use of TrackFreeze to lower CPU usage

    If the problem persists, please check if unloading one or more Audio Units help to solve the problem.

    Keep always in mind, running an Audio Unit app next to Cubasis, is similar to running another separate app. The more you load, the higher the CPU usage will be...

    Best wishes,
    Lars

  • @LFS said:
    Hi all,

    First and foremost, we very much hope that you and yours are up and well during these times!

    Below please find the details about the current Cubasis Sale, which lasts from March 25 to April 8, 2020.

    As previously announced, the upcoming Cubasis 3.0.2 update will bring back the highly requested Apple Pencil support and MiniSampler edit functionality, alongside further improvements and fixes. The update is planned to be released on March 30, 2020.

    Please stay healthy everybody!

    Best wishes,
    Lars

    Thanks Lars. 3.0.1 fixed all my bug pain points. I’m glad I didn’t get a refund in the end!

    Looking forward to 3.0.2....... any chance of AUv3 multi routing ?

  • @d4d0ug said:
    Thanks Lars. 3.0.1 fixed all my bug pain points. I’m glad I didn’t get a refund in the end!
    Looking forward to 3.0.2....... any chance of AUv3 multi routing ?

    Hi @d4d0ug,

    Glad to read this! 3.0.2 will bring back Apple Pencil support and the MiniSampler edit feature, alongside several improvements/fixes. The update is planned to be released on March 20, 2020.

    Best,
    Lars

  • Lars, any chance of seeing Ableton-link implemented in Cubasis 3 in the future or is that something that you have categorically decided against implementing?

  • @Instrumental_reason said:
    Lars, any chance of seeing Ableton-link implemented in Cubasis 3 in the future or is that something that you have categorically decided against implementing?

    Hi @Instrumental_reason,

    Thank you for your message.

    We did not decide against it, but the feature comes at high cost development-wise.
    Unfortunately, at this moment I'm unable to give you any further information.

    Best wishes,
    Lars

  • Ok, thank you for the response Lars.

  • @LFS said:

    @audio_DT said:
    I've just re-bought this, having bought it but returned it upon its release because it was buggy as hell. I'm hoping that some of these bugs are fixed, but I've only had one little go of it this morning and it was already creaking and cracking, with some AUs behaving erratically. Here's hoping!

    Hi @audio_DT,

    Using Cubasis with third party apps can lead to many unforeseeable issues (such as maxing out the available CPU), which can be resolved easily quite often.

    These are quick and easy options to check, when experiencing cracking (which seems to be CPU-related):

    1 - Start the playback
    2 - Open the System Info panel in the inspector, to check current CPU usage
    3 - Go to System/Audio, and try choose a higher "Hardware Latency" value
    4 - Make use of TrackFreeze to lower CPU usage

    If the problem persists, please check if unloading one or more Audio Units help to solve the problem.

    Keep always in mind, running an Audio Unit app next to Cubasis, is similar to running another separate app. The more you load, the higher the CPU usage will be...

    Best wishes,
    Lars

    Thanks for this. I do know the drill with respect to everything you say above but the issues I had earlier were nothing to do with overloading Cubasis. I have an iPad Pro 2018 and was running only two instances of Classic Machines and one instance of Bleass Alpha. I then loaded Coninua into another slot and it went barmy, to the point that I had to remove Continua. I know different apps can have different issues in different hosts, but AUM and NS2 never have these problems. Ever. So I do think the problem is with Cubasis, and that only a few of the bugs evident upon release have been fixed. I'll have another go later on, though. I'm sure you and your colleagues are doing all you can to fix the bugs, and that's fine. But trying to paper over the cracks with the kinds of helpful comment above don't really address the issue, which is that C3 is still a bit of a mess!

  • @audio_DT said:
    Thanks for this. I do know the drill with respect to everything you say above but the issues I had earlier were nothing to do with overloading Cubasis. I have an iPad Pro 2018 and was running only two instances of Classic Machines and one instance of Bleass Alpha. I then loaded Coninua into another slot and it went barmy, to the point that I had to remove Continua. I know different apps can have different issues in different hosts, but AUM and NS2 never have these problems. Ever. So I do think the problem is with Cubasis, and that only a few of the bugs evident upon release have been fixed. I'll have another go later on, though. I'm sure you and your colleagues are doing all you can to fix the bugs, and that's fine. But trying to paper over the cracks with the kinds of helpful comment above don't really address the issue, which is that C3 is still a bit of a mess!

    Hi @audio_DT,

    Thanks for your feedback.

    My main device is Apples iPad Pro 12.9" 1st Gen.

    If possible, please share the project with me via Dropbox (download link via PM), to give it a test drive.

    Thanks
    Lars

  • I just bought this when it went on sale and in general I love it. However, it doesn't seem like it's possible to use IAA generators?? Mine don't show up in the list. I'll probably get a refund if this is really the case because Lumbeat apps are about the only thing I use now for drums - am I missing something (hopefully)?

  • @spiteface said:
    I just bought this when it went on sale and in general I love it. However, it doesn't seem like it's possible to use IAA generators?? Mine don't show up in the list. I'll probably get a refund if this is really the case because Lumbeat apps are about the only thing I use now for drums - am I missing something (hopefully)?

    Hi @spiteface,

    Cubasis supports all kinds of IAA types:

    • Effects can be set as insert or send effects
    • Instruments are assigned to a MIDI track and automatically receive MIDI from Cubasis
    • Generators are inputs for audio tracks

    Important
    It always depends on the app manufacturer what type of nodes are available.

    Given your case it might be the case that Lumpbeat does not provide MIDI compatible IAA instruments. That's probably why the app does not appear in the list, when a MIDI track is selected.

    These are the steps to use a IAA generator as in input for an audio track:

    • Create an audio track
    • Open the Routing tab in the inspector
    • Tap "Mono input"
    • Choose "Inter-App" in the Audio Inputs pop up
    • Choose the desired IAA app from the list

    Hope that helps!

    Best wishes,
    Lars

  • Thanks so much Lars! I knew I was doing something stupid. I had tried Cubasis 2 in the past but never really got along with it, something about Cubasis 3 really clicks. Loving it!

  • @spiteface said:
    Thanks so much Lars! I knew I was doing something stupid. I had tried Cubasis 2 in the past but never really got along with it, something about Cubasis 3 really clicks. Loving it!

    Hi @spiteface,

    Thanks for the update, glad to hear it works.

    Best,
    Lars

Sign In or Register to comment.