Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3 is on sale

Comments

• @Samu said:

@RockySmalls said:

@LFS said:

@god said:
    btw what's the current status of auv3 automation? Steinberg online user's manual

Hi,

Audio Unit automation is supported, and there should be no issues.

Best wishes,
    Lars

hi Lars, actually there are issues with automation , when recording automating parameters on a midi sequenced track the beginning of new blocks of midi resets the automation , there are other issues caused by splits in midi track also, fx playing cuts off even when automation isn’t being used..
    this is with latest beta, sorry haven!t had to time to put in my list of bugs, things are hectic here same as everywhere else.
    but yes automation works .. though it will probably prove to be easier to draw what you want in afterwards due to the very kranky nature of it currently

And that is where my 'nagging' kicks in, you can't draw any automation without first recording knob-movements, this since there is no way to manually add an 'automation lane' for a selected parameter.

Why is it so hard to add a 'parameter browser/list' to the automation editor and tick a box for each parameter that needs an automation lane, then we could use a line/curve tool to draw the automation?!

Maybe something to add for Cubasis 3.1...

i am of the opposite opinion, i like it as it is, clutter free, only automation you are using visible :)

• @Samu said:
    And that is where my 'nagging' kicks in, you can't draw any automation without first recording knob-movements, this since there is no way to manually add an 'automation lane' for a selected parameter.

Hi @Samu,

Should not be the case.

Please try this:

• Create a MIDI event via using the draw tool
    • Tap the automation tab in the inspector to open the automation editor
    • Pick a parameter and use the draw tool in the automation editor to draw an automation event

Best,
    Lars

• @GavrielProductions said:
    im still trying to figure out how to utilise simple channel (stereo out) with a send to a BUS with multiple fx, you can't, your channels in AP have to have their outputs assigned to an aux-like group, all channels have up to 6 aux sends (you flip in twos on the master volume channel to browse) once you have that channel output to an aux you use fx on this channel but its not a real send, then you actually can use the aux sends on the aux-group channel, but when you go to add aux your limited to one single fx insert! that is pathetic!

I don’t think you’ve got that right, you can have 4 effects on any AUX send in Auria, but this isn’t the right thread to discuss this. Start another thread and I would be happy to help.

• @LFS said:

Please try this:

• Create a MIDI event via using the draw tool
    • Tap the automation tab in the inspector to open the automation editor
    • Pick a parameter and use the draw tool in the automation editor to draw an automation event

It works for the 'built-in' stuff (Volume, Pan, Mute, Send Level etc) but I can not create an automation lane for an AUv3 parameter without writing automation for it.

For example it's way easier to draw a line for filter-sweeps rather than try to smoothly move a knob...
    (This could be as simple as browse to the cutoff parameter of an AUv3, tap a value at 1.1 then draw a line to 16.1 as an example).

Right now we need to engage W, tweak a knob, go to the automation editor and go on from there...
    (And be super careful not to delete all the points as that will make the lane disappear and we need to repeat the W thing again).

But yeah, all apps take time to mature and at some point they might even get more advanced features :)

• Automation for midi fx doesn’t list the correct parameters, these are screenshots for StreamByter in C3 and Aum, Aum shows the correct Q0 to Q15 where C3 shows things like Attack, Sustain, Frequency etc

• edited March 2020

@LFS said:

@Samflash3 said:
    Also, do projects from Cubasis 2 open in 3? And , vice versa?

Hi @Samflash3,

Cubasis 2 projects can be imported with Cubasis 3.

Best wishes,
    Lars

Awesome. Thanks @Lars

@ipadbeatmaking Decided to go with Cubasis 2. Reasons:
    1. Price is higher in Canada, due to taxes applied on app purchase
    2. Currently a student, so I can’t spend too much (Although I have bought a ton of apps - LOL)
    3. AUM is finally on sale. (Still havent pulled the trigger on it)
    4. Turns out my UD-BT01 allowed me to unlock Cubasis 2 LE, which allowed me to unlock Cubasis 2 (the LE unlock).
    5. Want to get familiar with 2 before taking the jump.
    6. Designing some scripts, so I’d rather make it backwards compatible from the on-set. Since @lars confirmed that Cubasis 2 works in 3, it’s easier to design for that, versus having to make a script for 3 that does not work in 2.
    7. I can always get Cubasis 3 later.
    8. Cubasis 2 is hella stable (they had over 4 years of experience with that app - 7 years in total, if we include Cubasis)
    9. More tutorials are tailored for Cubasis 2.

I think I’ll hold off on the IAPs though since I don’t think they’ll transfer over to Cubasis 3. Which is a shame since Waves has brainwashed me with their ads (lol).

• @Samflash3 the IAPs do transfer across from 2 to 3 and the Waves plug ins are nice.

• @arktek said:
    @Samflash3 the IAPs do transfer across from 2 to 3 and the Waves plug ins are nice.

Oh, no way....that’s great. I mean, not for my wallet, but it’s awesome that they’re usable between both apps.

But I already have a ton of fantastic plugins from over the year(s) - (Eventide, Sugarbytes, FAC, Virsyn, FabFilter(sorta), Nembrini, Blamsoft, JAF, Klevgrand, among others). Do the Waves bundle do something different?

• Are the improvements to the stock plugins functional, or just visual?

I'm really hoping for choke groups in mini sampler (instead of using the F#1, G#1, A#1 hack...).

• @blakkaz said:
    Are the improvements to the stock plugins functional, or just visual?

Hi @blakkaz,

The included plug-ins undergo a graphical facelift with Cubasis 3.

Best wishes,
    Lars

• @LFS is there a timeline for fixing the various midi plugin problems?

• Just finished my first beat today using 5 internal instruments, EG Pulse, and Shockwave. Added in Dubstation 2 on the drums. Did some volume automation and automation with Dubstation. Came out pretty nicely.

• @nick said:
    @LFS is there a timeline for fixing the various midi plugin problems?

Good luck with that 😂
    If you look at the track record they have been supposedly been working on transport midi control and tempo/time signature change for over 6 years! Well they say they are working on it and will tell you it is difficult/expensive and they are working on it. So I would not hold your breath

• @YourJunk said:
    Just finished my first beat today using 5 internal instruments, EG Pulse, and Shockwave. Added in Dubstation 2 on the drums. Did some volume automation and automation with Dubstation. Came out pretty nicely.

Hi @YourJunk,

Thank you for sharing your insights. Glad to hear Cubasis works as expected with all those instruments. Unfortunately, we've seen some performance issues in the past with the great AD plug-ins. If you encounter things as well, please keep me posted.

Thanks,
    Lars

• @ralis said:

@nick said:

Good luck with that 😂
    If you look at the track record they have been supposedly been working on transport midi control and tempo/time signature change for over 6 years! Well they say they are working on it and will tell you it is difficult/expensive and they are working on it. So I would not hold your breath

Hi @ralis,

Please note, that the meaning of a feature which has been added to the list of features, is different to '"we are working on..."

Be assured we've never said anywhere, that we are working on such features.

Instead we've came up with 30+ free updates including many new features from 2012 to 2019.
    Please feel free to check out the App Store history...

Best wishes,
    Lars

• @Samflash3 said:

1. Turns out my UD-BT01 allowed me to unlock Cubasis 2 LE, which allowed me to unlock Cubasis 2 (the LE unlock).

Wow this changes everything for me! I didn't know that the UD-BT01 could unlock C2 LE!! I have since months ago...... and it works!!! Thank you for sharing this! I think I'll unlock the full C2 for 9.99$ and stay with it for a while.

@Samflash3 said:
    I think I’ll hold off on the IAPs though since I don’t think they’ll transfer over to Cubasis 3. Which is a shame since Waves has brainwashed me with their ads (lol).

You're wrong! Looks like that all C2 IAPs can be transferred to C3. I will use the $$$ spared from the C3 to buy them all!!

• @nick said:

Hi @nick,

Thank you for your message.
    Please provide me with a detailed bug report, to let us know about these issues.

Thanks,
    Lars

• edited March 2020

@LFS will the transfer of my LE 2 In-App Purchases work? I bought all of them....

• Hi, I've a few questions about C3.. if anyone knows.. :smile:

1. Can patterns be linked together? (=Copies of patterns where a change in one instance is duplicated to all other instances of it)
    2. Can MIDI pattern names (text that's on the top-left corner of patten) be changed?
    3. Can effect automations be put on patterns or are they track only?
  • edited March 2020

@LFS said:

@ralis said:

@nick said:

Good luck with that 😂

Hi @ralis,

Please note, that the meaning of a feature which has been added to the list of features, is different to '"we are working on..."

Instead we've came up with 30+ free updates including many new features from 2012 to 2019.

Best wishes,
    Lars

You are right! I stand corrected,

You stated, "it is on our list and it may take some time" which gives the impression that you were "working" on it. I believe that is the Impression you intended to make? That is how it was received, but you are absolutely right you never said you were "working" on it which we all know now is the case.

I bought Cubasis 1.5 years ago only to find it cannot do tempo or time signature changes. This has been a requested feature that has been brushed off and I have since found that is nothing new for Cubasis. External midi control for transport and faders was requested 6 years ago and many times since with the same reply! "This feature is on our list it will take some time etc. etc." IT HAS BEEN 6 YEARS! who, what, are you serious? I got a very similar reply about my request for tempo/time signature change and at the time was like "oh, how nice they are listening and actually working on it" then They mess up Cubasis 2 and release Cubasis 3 which is a clusterF$&@ guess what no midi control or tempo/time signature change. I finally realized I was just getting the old hot air blowoff to shut me up.

You win!

• @ralis said:

@LFS said:

@ralis said:

@nick said:

Good luck with that 😂

Hi @ralis,

Best wishes,
    Lars

You are right! I stand corrected,

I bought Cubasis 1.5 years ago only to find it cannot do tempo or time signature changes. This has been a requested feature that has been brushed off and I have since found that is nothing new for Cubasis. External midi control for transport and faders was requested 6 years ago and many times since with the same reply! "This feature is on our list it will take some time etc. etc." IT HAS BEEN 6 YEARS! who, what, are you serious? I got a very similar reply about my request for tempo/time signature change and at the time was like "oh, how nice they are listening and actually working on it" then They mess up Cubasis 2 and release Cubasis 3 which is a clusterF$&@ guess what no midi control or tempo/time signature change. I finally realized I was just getting the old hot air blowoff to shut me up.

You win!

Harsh.

• @god said:
    Hi, I've a few questions about C3.. if anyone knows.. :smile:

1. Can patterns be linked together? (=Copies of patterns where a change in one instance is duplicated to all other instances of it)
    2. Can MIDI pattern names (text that's on the top-left corner of patten) be changed?

Maybe @LFS can correct me but..

1) No there are no linked/ghost events in Cubasis 3.
    (Would be super handy to have though, especially with playback options like transpose for the ghost events).

2) Yes, event names can be changed for both audio and midi events.

3) Automation is for tracks only and not linked to events.
    (Bummer because if an event is moved automation doesn't follow).

Other than that, it is what it is and will likely improve over time...

• @Samu said:

@god said:
    Hi, I've a few questions about C3.. if anyone knows.. :smile:

Maybe @LFS can correct me but..

1) No there are no linked/ghost events in Cubasis 3.
    (Would be super handy to have though, especially with playback options like transpose for the ghost events).

2) Yes, event names can be changed for both audio and midi events.

3) Automation is for tracks only and not linked to events.
    (Bummer because if an event is moved automation doesn't follow).

Other than that, it is what it is and will likely improve over time...

Okay. Thank you! 🙏

• @erdstern said:
    @LFS will the transfer of my LE 2 In-App Purchases work? I bought all of them....

Hi @erdstern,

This will be possible with the upcoming Cubasis LE 2.8.3 update, which is planned to be released alongside Cubasis LE 3 (3.02) and Cubasis 3.0.2 at the end of March.

Best,
    Lars

• Hi @erdstern,

This will be possible with the upcoming Cubasis LE 2.8.3 update, which is planned to be released alongside Cubasis LE 3 (3.02) and Cubasis 3.0.2 at the end of March.

Best,
    Lars

Hey @LFS
    Thank you for your fast reply. Not so good news for me. now i'am waiting such a long time. i must admit that i feel deprived as LE User. I know, few yers ago i obviously made the wrong decision by unlocking the LE Version per In-App purchase instead of buying the full Cubase 2 App. Now i'm stuck on this wrong train. I wish i could change track... please
    thankful
    erdstern

• @god nice handle!

• While you’re here @LFS, it would be super useful to be able to collapse grouped tracks. Or is this already possible and I’ve just not found it?

• @gusgranite said:
    @god nice handle!

Thank you! 🙏

@drcongo said:
    While you’re here @LFS, it would be super useful to be able to collapse grouped tracks. Or is this already possible and I’ve just not found it?

Was wondering about that, too..

• edited March 2020

@LFS said:

@nick said:

Hi @nick,

Thank you for your message.
    Please provide me with a detailed bug report, to let us know about these issues.

Thanks,
    Lars

Hi @LFS , many of these problems were already reported in the first round of C3 release (midi output not recording to timeline etc). If you think it‘s useful I could make a new thread collecting all the midi auv3 things that are no longer / not yet working in Cubasis 3. There are many people on this forum who love Cubasis and a lot of us use midi auv3‘s so it would be nice to see this functionality restored.

Thanks! Nick

edit: „nice“ is an understatement. For me it is essential functionality.

• tjatja
    edited March 2020

@LFS I noticed, that Cubasis 3 still does not offer to save / export / mixdown as 32 bit floating point format, as all / most other DAWs offer (AUM, nanostudio 2, BeatMaker 3, Auria Pro,...)

Is there any chance that this will be changed?

If I work on some audio between Apps, I try to truncate to lower bitrates of 24 or 16 bits only as last step, together with dithering.

But until that moment, I prefer to stay at 32 bit floating point to prevent truncating noise at all.