Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Best Beginners Mastering App?

2»

Comments

• I like bark filter but I do have to make adjustments on triple band. I think that’s always the case though since all music will be different. I start by tweaking the threshold and go from there. I usually have to made adjustments to the high frequencies, it comes out way too bright and shrill when I first put it on

• Does Bark Filter mess with the phase alignment of certain frequencies?
    How would I check for this?

• @Sequencer1 said:
    Does Bark Filter mess with the phase alignment of certain frequencies?

You can test for phasing issues by playing the wet and dry signals together.

• @jolico said:

@Sequencer1 said:
    Does Bark Filter mess with the phase alignment of certain frequencies?

You can test for phasing issues by playing the wet and dry signals together.

Yup, thanks. :) Is there an app for this? :)

• In AUM, I made a mastering comparison setup with scatterbrain:

Track 1 = Mixdown track —> scatterbrain

Scatterbrain Out 2 —> Track 2 = Barkfilter

Scatterbrain out 3 —> Track 3 = TB EQ

Scatterbrain out 4 —> Track 4 = VisualMultiband

Track 5 = Input mix from tracks 1,2,3,4 —> TBBarricade

With scatterbrain’s XY pad you can do A/B/C/D comparison or mix between all of them. You can listen for phasing issues when fading from one to another.

• edited March 2020

Mastering is more of a process (I think) than the specific tools you use. If you want to get better at mixing and mastering, there's a lot of available resources online. The types of tools can matter, but, unless you're a pro, the specific tools generally matter a lot less.

You need things like

A high quality, proper mix (mixing is not mastering)
    A high quality, proper listening environment that you know very well how it sounds for different music
    A broadband EQ (if you're doing surgery, you probably need to go back and remix it)
    A compressor
    A limiter

There's other tools, and many swear by analog mastering mojo.

Most of us have lots of time at home these days... I encourage people to spend some time learning how to mix better and, if possible, master better. And no, I'm no pro. Just an enthusiast that loves the whole chain of making electronic music.

• @jolico said:
    In AUM, I made a mastering comparison setup with scatterbrain:

With scatterbrain’s XY pad you can do A/B/C/D comparison or mix between all of them. You can listen for phasing issues when fading from one to another.

That's ingenious! Thank you taking the time to explain it.
    Lots of multiple uses for the last 2 Bram Bos apps, Scatterbrain XY pad for comparing different chains, Mononoke MIDI AU pads for drones to multiple destinations...

About Bark Filter, upon close inspection :), the magic tripleband preset sounds 'raspy' in the high end, even with tweaking.

• tjatja
    edited March 2020

@jolico said:
    In AUM, I made a mastering comparison setup with scatterbrain:

Uhh.

Scatterbrain is a Bram Bos App that i read the description of several times and decided that i dont understand for what this could be used.

But thattttt?

This is fantastic, then!

Going to buy.