Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiokit Special "App Drop"

Comments

• Mr. @analog_matt , thanks again for this gem! It's opened up some whole new directions for me at a time when I had really run out of juice.

Looking forward to the sequencing issues getting sorted. For me it happens when sending simple patterns from Atom Piano Roll in AUM, no automation involved. Some notes don't play, some trigger when you don't expect them to. It seems to be worse when I've just moved a control, then usually settles down.

It sounds like you've already found the issue, so that's great. B)

• @wim said:
    Nah, BASSalicious isn’t a romper, it’s a synth. You can make it sound similar to this, but you’d be going about it in very different ways, and a few of the unique stuff such as the bit crusher would be difficult to mimic without external FX.

They’re different character instruments and as such, will tend to inspire different sounds. But yes, there is overlap.

I can make my acoustic guitar sound like a fuzzed out Strat, and sometimes do, but it doesn’t tend to inspire me in that direction straight off the wall hanger. ;)

Thanks for the clarification. It seemed like a ROMPLER with the large amount of storage required. But it also makes sense that you can customize your sound.

• Best $3 I’ve spent. This is a gnarly beast. Thank you!

• I'm just using it for kicks currently, but it does a good job. I can very quickly dial in the sound I want - which is all I really want for kicks 95% of the time.

• wimwim
    edited March 2020

Oddly ... this works perfectly with sequencing in Zenbeats whereas I had all kinds of trouble in AUM. Anywho, they be fixing it so that’s just noise, but I found it interesting.

• Update is out

• edited March 2020

• edited March 2020

It now crashes in BM3 and NS2 when I am sequencing with automation and switch presets during playback.

@analog_matt

• Thanks @AudioGus
    More updates coming!

• No problems in AUM

• @analog_matt said:
    Thanks @AudioGus
    More updates coming!

That's an amazing update to Digital D1. Thanks. The sounds are really great.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    No problems in AUM

Here it is crashing in AUM with Rozetta LFO automating cutoff and Fugue Machine sending notes. It crashes when I change presets.

• Wow. That stinks. Hasn’t happened to me yet. I haven’t done any automation with it yet, or used fugue. just been using internal keyboard or ScaleBud into atom thus far. Ill keep an eye on it.

• edited March 2020

@Poppadocrock said:
    Wow. That stinks. Hasn’t happened to me yet. I haven’t done any automation with it yet, or used fugue. just been using internal keyboard or ScaleBud into atom thus far. Ill keep an eye on it.

Yah it happens changing presets while playing back with automation. It isn’t Fugue.

• @analog_matt said:
    Thanks @AudioGus
    More updates coming!

Thanks for this lovely and great sounding app!

Just one thing - while working just on an kick and having the 808 sequenced by another app, the keyboard becomes quite useless for me - instead I would prefer to not having to switch between „the main„ and „the more“-view while dialing in my sound - any chance to make this customizable? So that the user can choose between seeing both dial views at once versus seeing a single dial-page + the keyboard ... ? A bit like „mononoke“ from brambos does It with the synth and the pad parts ... ? Speaking for the AUV3 here of course ...

• Fun little app but for heavens sake keep the master knob indicator left of noon o’ clock if you value your ability to hear.

• @onkey said:
    Fun little app but for heavens sake keep the master knob indicator left of noon o’ clock if you value your ability to hear.

LOL very true, this thing starts loud as hell and continues 😂. Early hiccups aside, the sound on this is really top notch. Great saturation, lots of motion in the distortion. Really fun stuff for three freaking dollars

• When is the next one planned to drop @analog_matt ?

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    When is the next one planned to drop @analog_matt ?

also wondering

• We're working on updates, fixes, and more presets for Bass 808 now!

Next drop? After this one is over.
    But, before then, we'll have a new "regular" app with Henny tha Bizness. And, it's really great sounding. Really excited about it 🙏

• @SicksentZ said:

@onkey said:
    Fun little app but for heavens sake keep the master knob indicator left of noon o’ clock if you value your ability to hear.

LOL very true, this thing starts loud as hell and continues 😂. Early hiccups aside, the sound on this is really top notch. Great saturation, lots of motion in the distortion. Really fun stuff for three freaking dollars

Yep clearly taking on Moog in the loudness war and winning by the sound of it. Loving it too and such a sweet deal! Keep ‘em coming AudioKit!

• @SicksentZ said:

@onkey said:

Yep, lovely sounds, hot levels !

• New update is out. It appears to be MUCH more stable. We're still working on the app, though. Thanks everyone!

• Great, that was fast. thanks @analog_matt

• It didn’t update with the new presets or did I miss how to get them?

• edited April 2020

@stormywaterz Interesting. You may have to completely close the app in standalone and re-open. Should be 160 presets now.

Edit: I'm going to push a hotfix now that should load the new presets better for everyone

• Uh oh @analog_matt my app is crashing immediately, when trying to open standalone. I’m on iOS 13.4 iPad 6. I tried a soft restart, and full turn off turn back on....

• Should I delete and reinstall? But would I lose it in the projects I have it on?

• After update It doesn’t work normally
    Very strange midi reading