Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiokit Special "App Drop"

Comments

• Matthew Fetcher aka @analog_matt just announced on Twitter that the next Limited Edition AudioKit App will be FREE!

Audiokit is so cool!

• edited March 2020

Edit: 😶

• @god said:
    waiting for the iPhone version... :neutral:

I bought it for now. I trust iPhone will be coming soon as @analog_matt said. But I figured get it now in case for some reason they pull the plug on buying the app before the iPhone update.

• @analog_matt great great job: love the nuance and movement the 6-bit setting provides. You nailed it on this one.

• @mrufino1 said:
    Sounds awesome,earbuds can’t handle it, will be using my better headphones shortly.

I’m going to use this while driving in nyc when I’m at a light and some yo-yo near me has his stereo cranked. I’ll play along to their song.

Please put the video of this on the youtube thank you :)

• Still not available in the US?

• @Ben said:
    Still not available in the US?

Yes. Has been on the east coast for hours now. Does this link work: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/bass-808-synth-auv3-platinum/id1502480224?ls=1

• @ipadbeatmaking said:

@Ben said:
    Still not available in the US?

Yes. Has been on the east coast for hours now. Does this link work: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/bass-808-synth-auv3-platinum/id1502480224?ls=1

Yep,got it. Thanks for that!

• Unfortunate for alot of us...it’s not universal

• @baudious said:
    Unfortunate for alot of us...it’s not universal

It will be soon

• edited March 2020

Pretty buggy in BM3, NS2 and Cubasis2. Lots of dropped notes when automation is applied and things sound different after AU automation plays back (pitch sometimes is whack?). Can’t say it is very useful for sequencing right now.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@mrufino1 said:
    Sounds awesome,earbuds can’t handle it, will be using my better headphones shortly.

I’m going to use this while driving in nyc when I’m at a light and some yo-yo near me has his stereo cranked. I’ll play along to their song.

Please put the video of this on the youtube thank you :)

When I’m allowed back in nyc I will do it!

• Anyone who has this and BASSalicious able to tell me: Can this do things that the subbasses in BASSalicious can’t do?

• edited March 2020

@Gavinski said:
    Anyone who has this and BASSalicious able to tell me: Can this do things that the subbasses in BASSalicious can’t do?

I believe Bassalicious is a ROMPLER which has samples of sounds that you can modify.
    With this, it is a synth, so you have more control. Also, I suspect the storage space occupied by this app is a lot less than Bassalicious.

That said, the goal is to get sub bass. If Bassalicious works for you, then use it.

• That's true, thanks!

• wimwim
    edited March 2020

Nah, BASSalicious isn’t a romper, it’s a synth. You can make it sound similar to this, but you’d be going about it in very different ways, and a few of the unique stuff such as the bit crusher would be difficult to mimic without external FX.

They’re different character instruments and as such, will tend to inspire different sounds. But yes, there is overlap.

I can make my acoustic guitar sound like a fuzzed out Strat, and sometimes do, but it doesn’t tend to inspire me in that direction straight off the wall hanger. ;)

• edited March 2020

I'm wondering though why this isn't mpe, as synth one is going to be updated to be mpe compatible, right?@analog_matt I would love it if u made all the synths u r bringing out as part of this limited line mpe compatible!

• I'm getting some serious hit and miss vibe off MIDI input via sequencers. Tried a handful, got missed notes, duplicates, or is that note offs being played as note ons. Lord knows, I'm giving up on this for now. Wierd that sending MIDI straight from a keyboard seems solid. That just hurts my head so I'm not going to think anymore about it.
    Otherwise, yes, nice little bass/kick and happy to support Audiokit, but again what is it with the time limited nonsense.. Usually a red flag sales pitch tbh. If it wasn't Audiokit and I appreciate how generous that whole project is, would of been a hard pass.

• edited March 2020

@SpartanClownTide said:
    I'm getting some serious hit and miss vibe off MIDI input via sequencers. Tried a handful, got missed notes, duplicates, or is that note offs being played as note ons. Lord knows, I'm giving up on this for now. Wierd that sending MIDI straight from a keyboard seems solid. That just hurts my head so I'm not going to think anymore about it.
    Otherwise, yes, nice little bass/kick and happy to support Audiokit, but again what is it with the time limited nonsense.. Usually a red flag sales pitch tbh. If it wasn't Audiokit and I appreciate how generous that whole project is, would of been a hard pass.

Yah any sequencing I tried with NS2, BM3, Cubasis 2 and 3 was all messed up once automation came into play. Stuck notes, missed notes, automation that sounds nothing like what was recorded. I hate to say it but this feels like it wasn’t even tested.

• @AudioGus said:

@SpartanClownTide said:
    I'm getting some serious hit and miss vibe off MIDI input via sequencers. Tried a handful, got missed notes, duplicates, or is that note offs being played as note ons. Lord knows, I'm giving up on this for now. Wierd that sending MIDI straight from a keyboard seems solid. That just hurts my head so I'm not going to think anymore about it.

Yah any sequencing I tried with NS2, BM3, Cubasis 2 and 3 was all messed up once automation came into play. Stuck notes, missed notes, automation that sounds nothing like what was recorded. I hate to say it but this feels like it wasn’t even tested.

Tis very odd. Only tried in AUM, but yes sequenced is pretty much unusable. Can't believe there was literally no testing, how is that even possible. Maybe something got screwed in the build.

• @SpartanClownTide said:

@AudioGus said:

@SpartanClownTide said:

Tis very odd. Only tried in AUM, but yes sequenced is pretty much unusable. Can't believe there was literally no testing, how is that even possible. Maybe something got screwed in the build.

Yah that does seem like it, doesn’t it?

• @analog_matt said:
    Hey, thanks everyone for the DMs and emails!

Please allow me to briefly address questions:

(1) This is supposed to be fun
    (2) These apps would not exist otherwise. Consider them all bonus apps. The limited edition nature of the apps is what got the buy in and excitement of the musicians and dev partners to create these apps
    (3) AudioKit is still making apps that will be available to the public. Consider these limited edition apps "bonus" apps for die hard iOS musicians.
    (4) If someone can't afford a $3 app during a drop, they can always email me for a promo code.
    (5) These limited edition apps will be released over the next couple of years – they're not all coming out right now. And, they're not taking away too many development resources from AudioKit's current apps, as these apps are pulling in new coders and collaborators.
    (6) The technology developed from these drop partnerships is going to make all current AudioKit apps better (including Synth One)
    (7) There will definitely be free & completely open-source code released as part of this series!

I appreciate that these are trying times. And, certainly we're not trying to add to anyone's stress. If you have special financial needs, I will do my best to make sure you can enjoy these drops.

I’m still on the first page and I’m not gonna read the whole thread but I have no idea why people are being such bitches to you when they usually completely brown nose devs. I think what you’re doing is great, keep at it man, ignore these whiny fucks. Looking forward to seeing what’s to come

• edited March 2020

Thanks everyone!

Sorry about the delay. We're working on the sequencing issues when combined with automation now. Hoping to get those fixed in the coming days – We're on it!

If anyone has replicable steps in their favorite DAW, feel free to email me your videos/steps:
    [email protected]

• I love AudioKit apps to play with but have never used one in a song (issues vary). But I do appreciate it and I keep buying them (always seem so enticing). Anyway cheers for this

• @analog_matt said:
    Thanks everyone!

Sorry about the delay. We're working on the sequencing issues when combined with automation now. Hoping to get those fixed in the coming days – We're on it!

If anyone has replicable steps in their favorite DAW, feel free to email me your videos/steps:
    [email protected]

Like the one i posted you yesterday - just lay down a 4-to-the-floor and start the sequence...after a few steps you get wild dropped notes, glides or delay issues, etc. pp.

Also happens if you play with the inbuild keyboard. Just repeatedly press one note and after a while you get the same glitches.

• Yup, the repro steps are pretty simple on this one. Just try sequencing it with automation, likely in any DAW. I tried four daws and it was the same in all of them.

• Sounds like a legato/retrigger issue, maybe. Would actually love to see this as a setting as I have seen in other instruments.@analog_matt.

• Hey everyone, thanks. Issue is reproduced and we are working on the fix now through the weekend. Hoping to have a fix submitted to the app store by Monday! 🙏

• Really excited to see all the productions ya'll make with this.
    Please feel free to tag me in anything you make so I can hear your stuff 🙏
    I never get tired of hearing people's iOS / AudioKit music.