Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiokit Special "App Drop"

Comments

• In the danish app store now 😊

• edited March 2020

Got it. Woohoo.
    Now I have all I need to be a “broducer” @animalelder (lol).

• @Poppadocrock said:
    @analog_matt whats the Platinum at the end all about? AUv3 Platinum. Does that have any specific meaning?

It's our new advanced AUv3 code. Works so much better than the previous AU code in AudioKit apps. All future AudioKit apps will have this new AU code. We plan on adding this new code to our existing apps, but, it requires a lot of rewriting. It might take awhile, but, hopefully we'll get all our old apps and Synth One working with it too!!!!

• edited March 2020

@analog_matt
    This app is great and far more versatile than I imagined. Well done, elitist scum! :)

• edited March 2020

@analog_matt said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    @analog_matt whats the Platinum at the end all about? AUv3 Platinum. Does that have any specific meaning?

It's our new advanced AUv3 code. Works so much better than the previous AU code in AudioKit apps. All future AudioKit apps will have this new AU code. We plan on adding this new code to our existing apps, but, it requires a lot of rewriting. It might take awhile, but, hopefully we'll get all our old apps and Synth One working with it too!!!!

@analog_matt Seems like the 808's built-in keyboard can't go low enough to fully exploit the bass :)
    (C-0 in the built-in app is like C-1 in AUM and with AUM I can go even lower if needed...)

And on the extreme higher end the aliasing noises are sweet :D

Are there any 'hidden' panels? (I mean Mod can add vibrato but I can't find anywhere to set the speed for the vibrato).

• @analog_matt said:

@Poppadocrock said:

Synth One still a dream synth. Sounds sooo good.

• Me really likey this app.

• @Poppadocrock said:

• Awesome. Thanks @analog_matt im really enjoying this new one already. Congratulations on a great release. I look forward to all Audiokit has to offer in the future. Cheers!

• @AudioGus LOL. Well as Baby Powder so eloquently put it in the film “How High”

Baby Powder : And i'm gonna tell you something, this pimpin' that I got in my blood, it came from a family tree. My granddaddy was a pimp. My great-great-great-granddaddy was a pimp. I'm talking 'bout pimpin' since been pimpin' since been pimpin'!

• Got mine, playing with it now. Honestly I got it just to support the Audiokit developers, not that I really needed an(other) 808.

• Hi,
    I would love to use the audio kit apps, but they all take up~~ 35% CPU inside beat maker 3. That's, synth one,FM player, D1.
    I know I have an old iPad,air 1, but other synths are lighter on CPU. Sunrizer, zeon and Galileo 2 in au..and Magellan in iapp.
    Does anyone else see this performance with this 808? I mean on an older iPad?
    Thanks

• @FlowingRobes said:
    Hi,
    I would love to use the audio kit apps, but they all take up~~ 35% CPU inside beat maker 3. That's, synth one,FM player, D1.
    I know I have an old iPad,air 1, but other synths are lighter on CPU. Sunrizer, zeon and Galileo 2 in au..and Magellan in iapp.
    Does anyone else see this performance with this 808? I mean on an older iPad?
    Thanks

The 808 seems to be a lot easier on the CPU than the rest of the AK apps.
    3 instances ~40% CPU with a 256 buffer on iPad Air 2, iPadOS13.4.

• As I suspected, I've already begun ripping and replacing stuff out of older tracks with this. A million times better. Thank you thank you thank you!

• Is it samples or synth?

• edited March 2020

Ok, so Miami bass...
    What are the click/noise/burst options for the very start of the waveform?
    And is there only one type of glide?

• @Shiro said:
    Is it samples or synth?

Synth

• Bought! Great job @analog_matt iOS needed this!

• Wow...this thing goes BOOM!!!👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

• Just got it! Can't wait to make some beats.

• @YourJunk said:

@Shiro said:
    Is it samples or synth?

Synth

Cheers

• @Samu it’s that Platinum, new AUv3 Framework by Audiokit

• edited March 2020

"After the “app drop”, the price in the app store will go to the maximum price tier. "

This app is going to go to the maximum price tier?

Won't that make inevitable 'whoopsies I didn't notice the price' refunds a massive hit for the dev?

• @AudioGus said:
    "After the “app drop”, the price in the app store will go to the maximum price tier. "

Won't that make inevitable 'whoopsies I didn't notice the price' refunds a massive hit for the dev?

I think that too. Since in EU you can refund 14 without any reason. So.... we talked a few lines on earlier pages though

• @david_2017 said:

@AudioGus said:

I think that too. Since in EU you can refund 14 without any reason. So.... we talked a few lines on earlier pages though

Ahh, yah I don't pay much attention to coming soon threads anymore. I just skim for app store screenshots or links now.

• @AudioGus said:

Makes perfect sense why Apple recommended that, then...

• @AudioGus said:

@david_2017 said:

@AudioGus said:

Ahh, yah I don't pay much attention to coming soon threads anymore. I just skim for app store screenshots or links now.

Wise decision. Some Thread I don’t visit too ;) even though it’s growing like crazy.

I think @analog_matt and the team have considered that possibility probably ;)

• waiting for the iPhone version... :neutral:

• To get back to the app...
    Sounds great. @Samu brought up adjustment for vibrato speed. Agreed. Seems pretty subtle. Also not so sure about velocity. Also seems pretty subtle. Also, how’s it routed?