Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiokit Special "App Drop"

Comments

• Hope it works out for AudioKit, they have enough brownie points in my book.

That and I need to be able to wear the t-shirt without getting lynched by iOS musicians that missed the memo about them being limited editions. ;)

Keep calm and carry on.

• Hehe, prepare to blow some speakers :)

• I’m heckin excited. Gonna crank my beatmaking up to 11.

• Any guesstimation available on the release date?

• edited March 2020

Seems like a goofy gimmick. Why not just get buzz based on the quality of the product? There’s no secondary market for apps like there is for stupid athletic shoes, so from an economics sense it’s silly.

• FPCFPC
    edited March 2020

Awww that's a bit harsh. I certainly raised an eyebrow but then shrugged and thought why not, I'll buy ' em all!

• Just wanted to say thank you @analog_matt and your team for all the outstanding work you have done. Hope you all stay healthy! 🙏

• This artificial scarcity tactic has made sure I'll never check out Audiokit.

• The 80/20 rule in full effect!

• I am going to cut off this nose of mine sufficient does it annoy me...

• @quartzite said:
    This artificial scarcity tactic has made sure I'll never check out Audiokit.

Oh noes!

• @JohnnyGoodyear Your comments are always among the 20% that contribute 80% of the useful input here. Mine, on the other hand...

• Makes very little sense with an instrument/app like this. The Jupiter 8 was a physical analog synth and owning that physical device came with a cost (mentioned by dev). Nothing here that can’t be reproduced with other apps.

I much prefer the path these guys have taken: https://webshop.oz-soft.com/en/

The Genesis Pro. Hoping this comes to iOS someday.

• edited March 2020

@quartzite said:

That's your choice! You seem like a stand up guy, and I was pleased to see you stand up for Peter Kirn elsewhere on this forum. Hopefully you support other indie devs here on this board. They are much kinder and better coders than I am. 😊

• For those that are awaiting an official announcement to what we're actually doing, here's a preview of the email going out on Thursday:

• @analog_matt said:

@quartzite said:

Oh, it's not an artificial scarcity tactic. It's a real and deliberate scarcity tactic.

And, done! The less AudioKit users the better, I say. Hopefully you support other indie devs here on this board. They are much kinder and better coders than I am. 😊

Does that mean it’s released now? I want to make sure I don’t miss it ‘cause Easter is coming up quick and I wouldn’t want to miss out. I like the idea of the collab on these apps with various artists, look forward to what’s next.

• Great work, man! Can’t wait to dig into these apps

@analog_matt said:
    For those that are awaiting an official announcement to what we're actually doing, here's a preview of the email going out on Thursday:

• edited March 2020

@InfoCheck said:
    Does that mean it’s released now? I want to make sure I don’t miss it ‘cause Easter is coming up quick and I wouldn’t want to miss out. I like the idea of the collab on these apps with various artists, look forward to what’s next.

It's coming out Thursday or Friday. But, it will be available for at least 8 weeks. And, thanks for the kind words. The collabs and this whole experience of building special edition apps has made coding fun for me again.

• @analog_matt don't over think it my friend. You're doing good work, just keep doing it :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @analog_matt don't over think it my friend. You're doing good work, just keep doing it :)

Thanks my man, you are a constant source of inspiration. I always enjoy reading your posts here. 🙏

• I'd rather AudioKit made apps available for a limited time compared to them stopping making apps.

• i dont understand people hating on the dev. for trying new things. No body is forcing you to do anything, and the fact he gives away a synth like synth one away for completely free, is more than he already has to do, he can easily charge 10-15$ and im sure plenty of people would still buy it, but he didnt.
    Stop hating, lifes to short. thanks @analog_matt, your apps have given me countless hours of straight fun.

• @analog_matt said:

@InfoCheck said:

It's coming out Thursday or Friday. But, it will be available for at least 8 weeks. And, thanks for the kind words. The collabs and this whole experience of building special edition apps has made coding fun for me again.

Well now I’m even more thankful I took Friday off.

• @analog_matt
    I wish you all the best with your apps, your new projects but even more for your health and the health of your beloved.
    You're a great individual and you deserve as much support as I can ever imagine.

There have always been haters and there will always be.
    Just move on.
    A very old saying here is that people who criticize others a lot, only manage to find other individuals that best mirror their own deficiencies.

• Want to give this a bump

@wim said:
    Ummm ... @analog_matt , a scary thought just occurred to me. I've read postings that say when an app is refunded, the developer is on the hook for the whole purchase price even though they only received 70% of the purchase price from Apple. If this is true and someone bought the app at $999, you could be out $300 if they refunded it.

Those postings have never seemed totally conclusive (i.e. never heard a developer say they actually got dinged by Apple for this), but they've never been conclusively refuted either.

It might be worth checking into.

• Apple are fairly strict on refunds, don't think anyone is getting $999 back without good reasons and a good lawyer

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Apple are fairly strict on refunds, don't think anyone is getting $999 back without good reasons and a good lawyer

“I thought the app was $9.99, not $999”.

Idk...

• @analog_matt Looking forward to another cool release from you all. Glad you’ve made the connections you have in the Producer world...it’s definitely helping to change the minds of Producers when they look at the iPad as a great tool to make music on.

Thanks for being out there and enabling this. 👊🏼™️

• There’s no hate in my statement and I think @analog_matt and the audiokit people have done an excellent job but I just don’t like the idea.
    You want to try something new? It’s ok, go ahead but I have enough GAS already as to cope with yet another marketing strategy.
    Just my opinion.