Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiokit Special "App Drop"

Comments

• @wim said:
    Synth or samples I wonder. Synth I hope. Got 909 samples up the wazoo.

... and that is uncomfortable, I can tell you.

Analog apparently, must be an add on hardware unit.

• Awesome sauce!

• I called it. A drum app.

• I hope everyone’s wazoo is alright

• @NoiseHorse said:
    I hope everyone’s wazoo is alright

Grand

• @wim said:
    Synth or samples I wonder. Synth I hope. Got 909 samples up the wazoo.

... and that is uncomfortable, I can tell you.

My wazoo sounds like a kazoo

• edited August 2020

Love it 😍 my first tune made with it

https://www.mixcloud.com/keith-james-horn/techno-junkie/

I should add I’ve had zero sleep since Friday , hence the name 😳

• @KJH808 said:
    Love it 😍 my first tune made with it

https://www.mixcloud.com/keith-james-horn/techno-junkie/

I should add I’ve had zero sleep since Friday , hence the name 😳

Show deleted?

• edited January 2021
  • Nice. 😀

• @White said:
    I guess this is special app no. 5?

Cool, but hope they don't forget to fix the previously released apps...

• new app is called "Digitalism 2000" - here's a preview from Sander Wolf

"I was given the opportunity to put AudioKit’s new Limited Edition synth, Digitalism 2000, through its paces. I'm running 5 instances of the app in AUM, with 4 instances of Atom, some effects, and drums by AudioKit's Digital D1 (I made these patches for their AudioBus group).

I'm using the preset patches (with a few minor tweaks on one or two.) The samples they've compiled for this collection sound amazing to my ears, and they definitely fill a niche that I was missing.

• Yeah, #4 is still unusable after 4 or 5 rounds of updates.

• It's kind of shocking.

• i fell off the audiokit hype train... insta no buy from me.

• I know I shouldn't be excited for this after the 909 fiasco and unstable or missing AUv3 from some of their other stuff, but I can't help it.

Love the 808 bass synth and lo-fi piano so bring it on!

• Cool I wanna see some more on #5.

808 Bass might be my fav Bass app. I’m on an app by app basis with them these days. I still appreciate everything they do though...

• @shinyisshiny said:
    i fell off the audiokit hype train... insta no buy from me.

Dito, for me - as long as they do not either stop selling the Limited Edition stuff ever again, or make them normally available all the time.

The later and better option would of course delete the "Limited Edition" stance.

• even with their explanation of the "limited edition" concept on their website, I don't get it either. It's not like you can impress your friends with a limited edition ios app or put it on display in your flat like with a piece of hardware...

• edited January 2021

I’m using 808 (-2 octave Upright Bass patch), but that’s about it right now. I use Korg Module then run it through ReelBus if I want a “sampled” sound instead of Retro Piano and HOUSE Mark I. Korg has a way of making “playable instruments.” DrumComputer has eclipsed 909.

• edited January 2021

I fully agree that the 909 thing was a fiasco and it should never have been released with those timing issues (tragic pity, because it was great otherwise!). But the 808 Bass, Lofi Piano and House Mk I are all great in my opinion. I haven’t used the AudioTune one. So my advice is, judge each release on its own merits rather than having any kind of blanket buy / don’t buy policy.

• Bass 808 and Retro Piano are fantastic. Not a fan of House Mk I as the velocity is all over the place and not big on 909 either. Haven’t used the auto tune one.

Hopefully this next one is more solid.

• @DukeWonder said:
    Bass 808 and Retro Piano are fantastic. Not a fan of House Mk I as the velocity is all over the place and not big on 909 either. Haven’t used the auto tune one.

Hopefully this next one is more solid.

That velocity thing is apparently an exact replication of the instrument they sampled, but I also thought this was a bug at first, and I would prefer it had better velocity layers too, yup.

• This company makes very erratic decisions market-wise and their apps are often full of issues. Hard pass from me.

• I still like Audiokit. They were probably too ambitious and tried to do too much, and inevitably couldn’t keep up with what they started. At least that’s how it looks to me.

They do have some cool apps though that usually cost no more than five bucks. So at least they are priced accordingly.

• @Gavinski said:
    I fully agree that the 909 thing was a fiasco and it should never have been released with those timing issues (tragic pity, because it was great otherwise!). But the 808 Bass, Lofi Piano and House Mk I are all great in my opinion. I haven’t used the AudioTune one. So my advice is, judge each release on its own merits rather than having any kind of blanket buy / don’t buy policy.

Pretty much. The 909 annoyed me more than a £4 app should but the other offerings have been solid to great.

• /another disappointed ex customer

• I always read the topic as 'Audiokit "Special" App Drop' :)

Hopefully stability and reliability is at the top #1 position on the list of desired features...
    (I don't like the skipped notes and hit & miss when freezing/rendering tracks with most of the AK apps).