Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FRMS - Granular Synthesizer from Imaginando

Comments

• @tja said:
    I did not understand from what I read in this topic - is it possible to load own samples on iOS / iPadOS?
    Or only on a Mac?

@thesoundtestroom said:
    Here is a Live Stream tutorial I just finished, hope you enjoy, this is really very very good indeed.
    My iPad is the super basic iPad 2018 9.7 just for reference 😊👍

Nice one Doug! :blush:

• edited March 2020

Sorry for not being able to reply to all of you individually.

Your greatest collective concern is the own samples loading and live audio input on iOS. Don't worry, it will happen, very fast (I hope)!

In the mean time, take your time to explore the vast collection of the built it sample bank and get to know the synth capacities.

We will be making FRMS video tutorials soon.

Thanks for your feedback and comprehension!

:blush:

• edited March 2020

Ah a great sounding, simple to control synth. Just what I needed. Great sounding filter, too.

• 8 voices on latest iPads please.

• edited March 2020

This is absolutely my new favorite. Not a bad preset in the bunch and once we can use files app for samples, it'll be a beast. If we're able to use auv3 FX for the input, that'd be amazing.
    Well done imaginando.

• edited March 2020

@sinosoidal thanks ! am already having a good time with this app.

short note : was playing frms with riffer this morning. when i press on solo, the app disconnect itself from aum

same happens without riffer...

same if i play the app in audiobus 3

• Thx for kind reply and for your amazing work @sinosoidal .

• The first thing after fiddling around, i came up with the sound of an WWII airplane :)

• @Identor said:
    The first thing after fiddling around, i came up with the sound of an WWII airplane :)

Great stuff @Identor !

This synth really has something for everyone. Percussion too.

• @mlau said:

short note : was playing frms with riffer this morning. when i press on solo, the app disconnect itself from aum

same happens without riffer...

same if i play the app in audiobus 3

I have to confirm that.

Was their any Beta?

• edited March 2020

@Satie just got the app yesterday... also, when i play the app in standalone, the solo works just fine

• @sinosoidal said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:
    @sinosoidal FM mode appears to be always on. Switching it off and thus making it possible to also reduce Layers ought to reduce CPU load.

I believe it is turned off on the default patch.

Yeah. That patch also produces no sound at all.

• Thanks @sinosoidal and great work, it’s really easy to use but also deep. Nice design too :)

Would be very useful to be able to preview the waveforms before loading, is that possible yet? There’s a headphone symbol next to the waveform but I’m not sure if that does anything, it does toggle, but doesn’t preview the file.
    (Edit: says in help file that this is supposed to preview but think this is a bug)

• I’m not getting any soloing issues, is this an iOS version bug perhaps?

• @Satie said:

@mlau said:

when i press on solo, the app disconnect itself from aum

same here with ApeMatrix and ZenBeats

• edited March 2020

@Carnbot said:
    Would be very useful to be able to preview the waveforms before loading, is that possible yet? There’s a headphone symbol next to the waveform but I’m not sure if that does anything, it does toggle, but doesn’t preview the file.
    (Edit: says in help file that this is supposed to preview but think this is a bug)

I'd initially assumed pressing the headphone button would play it. However, when it's toggled on, actually selecting the wave file plays it.

I'm on the latest iOS release.

• Tried it on PC, I like the way it can act basically as a sample player, then just dip it's toes into granular territory. Even works as a looper, all with deep FM capabilities. Coming from someone that doesn't generally gel with grain or multi op FM I'm surprised how much I do like it. There's room for development sure but I'm feeling that was money well spent. Yeah bought.

I'm not getting soloing issues in iOS BTW.

• @MichaelRocketship said:

@Carnbot said:

I'd initially assumed pressing the headphone button would play it. However, when it's toggled on, actually choosing the wave file plays it.

I'm on the latest iOS release.

Ah thanks, yes it does work :) Although I assumed that when the headphones is lit up it’s “on” but it’s the opposite, when it’s lit up it’s off ;) That’s what confused me, I would think the brighter colour would be when it’s on.

• Of course, being able to load samples would be a bonus 😁

• edited March 2020

@Carnbot
    Ah thanks, yes it does work :) Although I assumed that when the headphones is lit up it’s “on” but it’s the opposite, when it’s lit up it’s off ;) That’s what confused me, I would think the brighter colour would be when it’s on.

Same here. I was bit flummoxed at first. It does seem to go against expectations a bit. But I guess once you know it’s fine.

Really liking the synth so far.

• @MichaelRocketship said:

@Carnbot

Same here. I was bit flummoxed at first. It does seem to go against expectations a bit. But I guess once you know it’s fine.

Really liking the synth so far.

Yeah it’s great :) And being able to sample into the standalone app is great fun, I’m going to use this more than Quanta I think because live sampling is more creative than just importing files (although this will be useful too when they add it)

• Soloing layers causes app to crash in AUM. Misunderstood previously, solo track obviously works fine because it's got nothing to do with it..

• Yes, confirmed that soloing layers causes crashing @sinosoidal

• Pretty nice that the full keyboard chord and strum features are included in the AU. Maybe those will get added to the AU of DRC as well.

• I tried to use the OSX demo, but the plugin failed validation. Here is the report:

# # 1442 Global Scope Parameters:

ERROR: Parameter values are different since last set - probable cause: a Meta Param Flag is NOT set on a parameter that will change values of other parameters.

• FAIL

@sinosoidal Not sure if this is a known issue. I have Mojave, Logic 10.4.8

• @animalelder said:
    I tried to use the OSX demo, but the plugin failed validation. Here is the report:

# # 1442 Global Scope Parameters:

ERROR: Parameter values are different since last set - probable cause: a Meta Param Flag is NOT set on a parameter that will change values of other parameters.

• FAIL

@sinosoidal Not sure if this is a known issue. I have Mojave, Logic 10.4.8

Same but they confirmed and working on it.
    I also really want to test it on mac as well.
    There it seems to have also double the voices.
    (Maybe also because of the huge price difference).

• @Identor said:
    The first thing after fiddling around, i came up with the sound of an WWII airplane :)

Ay, it’s the Red Baron! Duck! All that’s missing is some ack-ack-ack gunfire from an additional layer.

• Another problem: can’t scroll down to select the bottom few presets due to the way the preset list always springs upwards when my finger is released. Also some weird behavior where the preset list keeps scrolling on its own. Worst of all, my changes in settings are not being remembered when this is loaded as an audio unit in AUM. I have changed settings (enabled mpe etc) in both standalone and the AU, but when I load it as an AU i need to manually make these same changes every times. Sorry, but this app was definitely not beta tested enough it seems!

• Doesn’t respond to Apple Pencil. Anyone else experience this?

• edited March 2020

Here’s a weird one: loading IAA FRMS in AUM...displays FRM icon but opens DRC when tapped. AUV3 loads/opens just fine.

EDIT: deleted DRC from iPad, works fine as IAA.