Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FRMS - Granular Synthesizer from Imaginando

Comments

• @sinosoidal said:
    Can someone point me apps that allow to load samples for the iPad OS? I need to understand if this is done by a custom or generic iOS user interface.

You could have a look at SpaceCraft or EG Pulse for example.
    It‘s iOS native dialog like Files.app

• @sinosoidal said:

@waka_x said:
    if anyone figures out how to load one owns samples
    pls explain here :)
    thanks

@stellaremodular said:
    We must be missing something, if this plugin does not allow you to load your own samples its useless for me.

Sorry, this is something we still need to implement but I'm sure it will be quick.

We have been planning this release for a long time in windows, mac, ios and android. We have been working very hard to make it consistent for a release. Now it is time to listen to the community and fine tune it.

Can someone point me apps that allow to load samples for the iPad OS? I need to understand if this is done by a custom or generic iOS user interface.

Sorry once again and thank you! :blush:

Thanks for your reply @sinosoidal some apps(which I have) which loads samples:

• Poly 2, actually like this implementation. You click on the waveform and it you get the factory samples but also a User Samples folder, if you click on that you can Import which opens a in-app native Files browser
    • Borderlands, which uses Audioshare to import samples also works fine for me
    • Samplr, uses Audioshare, audio paste and dropbox i think
    • Koala, Audioshare
    • Spacecraft, uses native Files browser in-app
    • Patterning, allows import from Files app and dropbox

I am sure there are way more. I like audioshare and I also like the way Poly 2 does it samples handling.

Best

• I am looking forward to be able to use my own samples but I have to add that this app is already very usable as is and definitely worth the entry (discounted) price. After one hour playing I find it better than Quanta, very intuitive but also deep and creative. The fact that you can add several osc in parallel (or serial) make it sounds warmer

• I have a feeling that the ability to load user samples will be coming, but this sounds really cool so far.

• 4 or 8 voices on latest iPad?

• edited March 2020

Only issue so far stuck notes in MPE seaboard. Except from this it sounds great.

• Looks cool from one of my fav developers. A must-have for me :)

How close is this to Quanta?

• edited March 2020

Enough bitching for today. This thing is the shiznit.

Edit: referring to my own bitching of course.

• How much presets are shipped !?

• ALBALB
    edited March 2020

@cuscolima said:
    I am looking forward to be able to use my own samples but I have to add that this app is already very usable as is and definitely worth the entry (discounted) price. After one hour playing I find it better than Quanta, very intuitive but also deep and creative. The fact that you can add several osc in parallel (or serial) make it sounds warmer

Agreed. This has a really rich sound. I like Quanta, but it’s very glitchy and not always in a good way.

• So this is a four operator FM synth where every operator or carrier is a full blown granular synth with a fully spec’d subtractive engine each.

Yamaha SY99 eat your heart out.

For us peons, if you reduce ‘Voices’ under ‘Settings’ an Air 2 will manage 2, sometimes 3 without crackling.

• @sinosoidal FM mode appears to be always on. Switching it off and thus making it possible to also reduce Layers ought to reduce CPU load.

• edited March 2020

Can’t wait for more audio inputs ;)
    Looking really good though

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

For us peons, if you reduce ‘Voices’ under ‘Settings’ an Air 2 will manage 2, sometimes 3 without crackling.

Thanks, I'll pass until I've got a more powerful iPad...
    (Still rocking an iPad Air 2 an it's serving me well for what I do with it).

• OK, curious. The 4 op FM using granulated shnizzles sounds... uNpRediCaTbLE. Experimental in a have modular, what'll happen if I do this sort of way. So not entirely convinced because a modicum of predictably is, I find, conducive to the musical application. Rather than the whoa what kinda crazy sound is that application. Trying to find a point here.. Is sound design on this more than a lucky dip? Might have to try the PC trial, definitely intrigues though.

• Anyone tried this on iPad Pro v1?

• I did not understand from what I read in this topic - is it possible to load own samples on iOS / iPadOS?
    Or only on a Mac?

• @tja said:
    I did not understand from what I read in this topic - is it possible to load own samples on iOS / iPadOS?
    Or only on a Mac?

Not yet, desktop-only importing for now.
    But you can sample using the iPad microphone or audio interface from the standalone app.

• @sinosoidal said:

@Zaubrer said:

Ah, I was on my iPhone cause I thought it was universal. Are there plans for that since the website states iOS and iPad OS seperately?

iPhone, maybe down the road. FRMS UI is very complex and requires a lot of space. We need to time to make it available on a phone.

Kool! 👍😺🚀

• Here is a Live Stream tutorial I just finished, hope you enjoy, this is really very very good indeed.
    My iPad is the super basic iPad 2018 9.7 just for reference 😊👍

• i feel like you gotta add effects to these demos to hear how the app is going to sound in real life situations..i dunno what i’ve heard so far dosent sound to appealing, but that’s with the app dry i suppose and every synth needs some reverb and stuff. i’ll keep an ear out for more demos

• @reasOne said:
    i feel like you gotta add effects to these demos to hear how the app is going to sound in real life situations..i dunno what i’ve heard so far dosent sound to appealing, but that’s with the app dry i suppose and every synth needs some reverb and stuff. i’ll keep an ear out for more demos

That’s the spirit. Always put into the chain some beloved FX plugs bru 👊🏼😎
    At least my approach to granular in ambient situations

• This has tons of presets, I didn't count but I'm guessing a hundred or more.

I largely just played around with presets last night, only had a little bit of time to check this out. I tried maybe half the presets and found very few that were to my taste, but this is always a very personal thing. Maybe when I delve deeper into manipulating the layers I'll change my mind, but my first impression was one of slight disappointment. About how musical the patches are, I don't find it any more musical than quanta, in fact I prefer quanta's presets I think, again on a quick first impression. If I could have only one granular app, it would be spacecraft, hands down.

@david_2017 said:
    How much presets are shipped !?

• @david_2017 said:
    How much presets are shipped !?

@Carnbot said:

@sinosoidal said:

@Jocphone said:

@Samu said:
    Have not gotten this yet, but states built-in audio recorder so I suppose it can also be inserted in the FX slot in AUM to allow it to record audio?

No, doesn't appear for the effect slots in AUM.

I didn't find a way to route audio input into FRMS from AUM. Can someone teach me please!? :blush:

If you also made it an AUv3 “music effect” as well as AU instrument then it could have audio input and midi input in the AU :)

Thanks for the tip! Will try!

• @Carnbot said:

@Carnbot said:

@sinosoidal said:

@Jocphone said:

@Samu said:
    Have not gotten this yet, but states built-in audio recorder so I suppose it can also be inserted in the FX slot in AUM to allow it to record audio?

No, doesn't appear for the effect slots in AUM.

I didn't find a way to route audio input into FRMS from AUM. Can someone teach me please!? :blush:

If you also made it an AUv3 “music effect” as well as AU instrument then it could have audio input and midi input in the AU :)

Alternatively it could have a multi input bus, which AUM supports

Let's make work with mono/stereo first! :blush:

• @MrBlaschke said:

@sinosoidal said:

You could have a look at SpaceCraft or EG Pulse for example.
    It‘s iOS native dialog like Files.app

Thanks for your feedback!

• @stellaremodular said:

@sinosoidal said:

@waka_x said:
    if anyone figures out how to load one owns samples
    pls explain here :)
    thanks

@stellaremodular said:
    We must be missing something, if this plugin does not allow you to load your own samples its useless for me.

Sorry, this is something we still need to implement but I'm sure it will be quick.

We have been planning this release for a long time in windows, mac, ios and android. We have been working very hard to make it consistent for a release. Now it is time to listen to the community and fine tune it.

Sorry once again and thank you! :blush:

Thanks for your reply @sinosoidal some apps(which I have) which loads samples:

• Poly 2, actually like this implementation. You click on the waveform and it you get the factory samples but also a User Samples folder, if you click on that you can Import which opens a in-app native Files browser
    • Borderlands, which uses Audioshare to import samples also works fine for me
    • Samplr, uses Audioshare, audio paste and dropbox i think
    • Koala, Audioshare
    • Spacecraft, uses native Files browser in-app
    • Patterning, allows import from Files app and dropbox

I am sure there are way more. I like audioshare and I also like the way Poly 2 does it samples handling.

Best

I will investigate. Thanks for this detailed list! :blush:

• @cuscolima said:
    I am looking forward to be able to use my own samples but I have to add that this app is already very usable as is and definitely worth the entry (discounted) price. After one hour playing I find it better than Quanta, very intuitive but also deep and creative. The fact that you can add several osc in parallel (or serial) make it sounds warmer

:blush:

• @Charlesalbert said:
    Only issue so far stuck notes in MPE seaboard. Except from this it sounds great.

We will investigate! Thanks!

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    @sinosoidal FM mode appears to be always on. Switching it off and thus making it possible to also reduce Layers ought to reduce CPU load.

I believe it is turned off on the default patch.