Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FRMS - Granular Synthesizer from Imaginando

Comments

• it has no "open in FRMS" or "copy to FRMS" :(

• just bought it. Sounds awesome. Most presets sound harsh and industrial, i like it.
    I can't figure out how to add own samples from audioshare. The load screen shows only samples from factory bank and recordings. The app is not as a folder in Files.

• @cian said:
    Also do my regular reminder to everyone that Imaginado do great videos on sound design. One of the best free resources out there.

This should really be a sticky. 👍

• edited March 2020

Been waiting for this quite a bit. Sounds awesome, as do all Imaginando products.

Issues so far:

• ‘Help’ currently directs to a 404 page.
    • No files app?
    • I can’t seem to save my own patches? Edit: of course I can but only local, cloud is greyed out?
    • Can’t seem to find a way to add my own samples. Edit: sampling via microphone works but surely this can’t be the only way?
    • The ‘Default’ patch is silent.
    • No Bluetooth audio.
    • My Air 2 starts to crackle playing two voices. Not a surprise really.
  • @Jocphone said:

What would multi input would bring us? Surely we can do that routing in AUM or another host anyway?

Yes, but imagine one 'forgets' to add the app to an effects slot and loads it into the instrument slot...
    If the app had multi input support an input-instance could be used in the effects slot to send audio to the already loaded instance.

When using AudioBus putting the app in the output slot could also be an option.

• @waka_x said:
    is great.
    but quite cpu heavy.
    only 1 voice on iPad air 1.
    4 voices on iPad air 3 and no problems...

4 voices or 4 instances?

• espiegel:
    on iPad Air 1 - 1 voice x 1 instance is the limit
    on iPad Air 3 - 4 voices (max) x 1 instance i tried...
    some1 should try more.

• edited March 2020

Just noticed too this seeming inability to use in AUM fx slot and play in your own samples, that’s a pretty huge oversight, was this beta-tested I wonder?

Link from ‘help’ now working: https://www.imaginando.pt/products/frms/help/contents

• Oh finally. Was waiting for this too. As usual great price for iOS and a lot more for desktop.
    But i might want both versions anyway. I will try the mac demo asap.

• from promo video
    I can see that "drag and drop" of samples
    must be the way to load your own...
    anyone can confirm this !?!

• @waka_x said:
    from promo video

I tried this with the File app and it did not work

• Also getting an awful lot of stuck notes playing this in mpe mode on a seaboard

• edited March 2020

:(((
    this is confusing and I feel I payed for an animated gif :(

• edited March 2020

O.k. no try yet for me since validation failed in Logic.
    But no try no buy (iOS and mac) :)

• Installed on windows desktop - ruined the visualisation of cubase on the second monitor-screen. Sounds good so far, cannot test more at the moment.... but the screen resolution thing sucks.

• Zero issues on Mac.

• @waka_x said:
    from promo video

I saw this too. I think it was a screen take from osx, if you look at the icon of the sample. They magically pull the sample file outside the screen onto the waveform window.

• @Identor said:

@waka_x said:
    from promo video

I saw this too. I think it was a screen take from osx, if you look at the icon of the sample. They magically pull the sample file outside the screen onto the waveform window.

Yes, that is how drop and drag looks on mac. So really no drop and drag for the iOS version.
    In general i wonder why there is no more of it since it really can speed up things. I thought drop and drag support is there since iOS 12 (or even 11?). And now that the iPad OS trackpad support comes it makes even more sense maybe.

• have you tried from audioshare ?

• @mlau said:
    have you tried from audioshare ?

Yes. Open in doesn’t show FRMS as a target. Sample folder isn’t exposed anywhere as far as I can tell. It’s day 1, Imaginando are a very high quality company, I’m sure @sinosoidal will get around addressing the issues in good time.

• @Zaubrer said:

Ah, I was on my iPhone cause I thought it was universal. Are there plans for that since the website states iOS and iPad OS seperately?

iPhone, maybe down the road. FRMS UI is very complex and requires a lot of space. We need to time to make it available on a phone.

• Yeah hopefully file sharing will be addressed. Meanwhile in standalone you can record in up to 2mb samples to use in the app and the sample/preset does show in the AU version.

• @Jocphone said:

@Samu said:
    Have not gotten this yet, but states built-in audio recorder so I suppose it can also be inserted in the FX slot in AUM to allow it to record audio?

No, doesn't appear for the effect slots in AUM.

I didn't find a way to route audio input into FRMS from AUM. Can someone teach me please!? :blush:

• @Samu said:

@Jocphone said:

@Samu said:
    Have not gotten this yet, but states built-in audio recorder so I suppose it can also be inserted in the FX slot in AUM to allow it to record audio?

Too bad, means sampling can only be done in stand-alone?!
    Hope that will get fixed in a future update, preferably with multi input support.

@Samu FRMS definitely missed your beta testing! ;)

Yes, there is plenty to fine tune and I'm hoping that I can count with your collective expertise.

• @waka_x said:
    if anyone figures out how to load one owns samples
    pls explain here :)
    thanks

@stellaremodular said:
    We must be missing something, if this plugin does not allow you to load your own samples its useless for me.

Sorry, this is something we still need to implement but I'm sure it will be quick.

We have been planning this release for a long time in windows, mac, ios and android. We have been working very hard to make it consistent for a release. Now it is time to listen to the community and fine tune it.

Can someone point me apps that allow to load samples for the iPad OS? I need to understand if this is done by a custom or generic iOS user interface.

Sorry once again and thank you! :blush:

• @sinosoidal said:

@Jocphone said:

@Samu said:

I didn't find a way to route audio input into FRMS from AUM. Can someone teach me please!? :blush:

If you also made it an AUv3 “music effect” as well as AU instrument then it could have audio input and midi input in the AU :)

• edited March 2020

@_ki said:
    Does AU state saving with own (imported) samples work - is the correct patch reloaded ?

It is supposed to. Samples are serialised into the patch, when they don't belong to any bundled bank.

• @Carnbot said:

@sinosoidal said:

@Jocphone said:

@Samu said:

If you also made it an AUv3 “music effect” as well as AU instrument then it could have audio input and midi input in the AU :)

Alternatively it could have a multi input bus, which AUM supports

• @sinosoidal said:

@Samu FRMS definitely missed your beta testing! ;)

Sorry, been busy with testing Drambo among other things and recovering from loosing my both laptops (burglars at the house) while being on vacation. I've now got a new MacMini so I'll recover sooner or later...

I do know that most AUv3 samplers also work in the FX slot either as FX or mFX (Which also receive midi).

So in this case FRMS could work in the same manner as your other FX apps and this way it will get audio input?

Cheers!

• @sinosoidal said:

@Jocphone said:

@Samu said:

That is because it needs to be defined as an AUfx to be the target of audio input when used as an AU (I think).