Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

TouchViz updated... Midi?

TouchViz is an incredible video manipulator which has just received the latest update. Clips can now be triggered by midi, however does anyone know how to do this.
I have found that it will not recognise AUM input but will find Midifire.
Any clues, cheers guys.

Comments

• I just got it working using FreEWI after a good hunt round here,

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/freewi/id485711674

it works but is a but laggy and I’ve had two different dropouts, one killed the mozaic instance that was triggering clips, the other killed FreEWI itself... not sure if there’sa more stable way of creating a virtual CoreMIDI port (I asked earlier on another thread)

• It doesn't create a virtual input. It sees AUM output but not input. It sees Grid Instrument and KB-1, both input and output.

I verified that note input can select the clips, but have not managed to get CC to work yet.

https://hexler.net/docs/touchviz-settings-midi
    https://hexler.net/docs/touchviz-midi-reference

• I managed to get a wee thing going where mozaic was triggering clips and a rozeta LFO was switching the active clip, haven’t pushed further yet, resting :)

• @Krupa said:
    I managed to get a wee thing going where mozaic was triggering clips and a rozeta LFO was switching the active clip, haven’t pushed further yet, resting :)

Hmmm... manage to get Riffer working through Mozaic and Midifire. Is there a way to get both A and B clips to fire?

• I did it by oscillating cc0 between 0 & 1 with an LFO, seemed to work but my midi connection app seems a bit iffy to say the least, did midifire create the connection nicely for you?

• @Krupa said:
    I did it by oscillating cc0 between 0 & 1 with an LFO, seemed to work but my midi connection app seems a bit iffy to say the least, did midifire create the connection nicely for you?

Yes midifire does a decent connection, though I tried to send to 2 midi channels and it crashed.
    It would seem as though the only A or B clips can be fired individually and not at the same time.

• Ah yeah, for sure only one at a time, I think the manual says that the midi note activates the corresponding clip on the active channel (a or b)... I haven’t tried to do it quickly though, my hoped for use case is a slowly evolving art installation...

• @Krupa said:
    Ah yeah, for sure only one at a time, I think the manual says that the midi note activates the corresponding clip on the active channel (a or b)... I haven’t tried to do it quickly though, my hoped for use case is a slowly evolving art installation...

It will go rapidly if you wish using Riffer however I imagine on a slow run it would be better for an art installation. Riffer can be placed on an infinity loop and so will create new sequences on the spot.

Will this be a mixture of sound and light? So interesting, back in the 80’s I produced a sound and light show using 3 projectors, 350 handmade slide, 3 tape recorders with homemade sound effects and an ambient score, and 3 dance/performers.

• @Toastedghost that sounds fun, I normally do large concerts and that sort of thing but there’s an arts organisation I work with in Preston that I do this sort of thing with. The first one is likely cancelled as it was an evening of food and art in the covered market there, basically taking the last ten fifteen years of engagement work done with the community and producing a video/audio presentation of it, was thinking of using MIDI generators to somewhat randomly mix it all and an iPad only solution would be great if we need to take it on the road later... the other one is similar but with army Scotland and for their fringe output - I guess we’ll see how that all pans out over the coming weeks... how was the Sowerby gig by the way? Hebden here :)

• @Krupa said:
    @Toastedghost that sounds fun, I normally do large concerts and that sort of thing but there’s an arts organisation I work with in Preston that I do this sort of thing with. The first one is likely cancelled as it was an evening of food and art in the covered market there, basically taking the last ten fifteen years of engagement work done with the community and producing a video/audio presentation of it, was thinking of using MIDI generators to somewhat randomly mix it all and an iPad only solution would be great if we need to take it on the road later... the other one is similar but with army Scotland and for their fringe output - I guess we’ll see how that all pans out over the coming weeks... how was the Sowerby gig by the way? Hebden here :)

The Sowerby gig was ace. Tried Jamm Pro stuffed with my own samples sounded great. Met some new artistes as well some newbies experimenting. Brill night such a shame about our present situation, I am also a Punch and Judy man and it will probably the first time I have not performed, been playing since 1980.

• Ah that’s brill that you took Jamm pro out, love a bit of Punch and Judy too, we’ll have to catch up when it’s safe again :)