Audiobus: Use your music apps together.
What is Audiobus? — Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.Download on the App Store
Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.
New App: Gif Music Visualiser
I've made a fun little audio visualiser that uses gifs to create a video. I've only spent a few days on it so it's definitely in the "proof of concept" phase.
I wanted to bring it here because I know you guys like new things and I thought you might be able to give me some feedback on features & use-cases. I can imagine it being used for:
- Easy way to make a visual accompaniment for your music to post on social media
- A visualiser for live music / DJ sets (would need to support MIDI in for this!)
You can check it out here: http://lyzer.alexfoxy.now.sh
You can either use the pre-loaded song or upload your own mp3! Steps to use below:
- Hit "Load Audio" and choose an mp3 from your computer, something electronic / dancy is probably best suited
- Wait for it to analyse, should take a few seconds
- Add your gif search terms on the right hand side
- Press play and watch the madness unfold
Sometimes it gets the tempo wrong. Just hit the cog and set the tempo & cue point manually. Also I built it for desktop really, though it should work on iPad.. if you have any mp3s to upload!
Ideas for the future:
- Better control over gif selection
- More effects / layer blending / transitions
- MIDI input to trigger the switching of gifs or match DAW bpm
- Use video files, though would probably have to be on a desktop version
Look forward to your thoughts