Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Patterning for iPhone is Available

Comments

• How do I find the IAP?

• Try exporting a project. Pops up there.

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    How do I find the IAP?

Yep export or save and you’ll get the pop up.

• edited March 2020

Very nice.. is probability left out of this version.. or is it me?

• @benkamen said:

@johnfromberkeley said:
    How do I find the IAP?

Yep export or save and you’ll get the pop up.

Will do. Phone’s quarantined in a zippy right now. :-)

• @RajahP said:

Left out, but will be added according to the developer.

• @benkamen said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Alas, no probability?

That’s easy for me to add. Will do in update.

That’s wonderful, thank you.
    I just got the iPad version as well and I’ve been wondering if a reverse sample playback layer is ever likely to be on the cards?

• It’s a beautiful thing.

• @wim said:

@RajahP said:

Left out, but will be added according to the developer.

Thanks..

• I'd kill an imaginary friend for an Android version. I love my iPad but I steer clear of iPhones.

• Awesome! Now I just need to figure out how to use it’s clock/sync features with my current setup.

• Jamming like crazy with this. One of my fav iPhone experiences other than elastic drums! Hot swapping kits makes for so many imaginative loops to sample.

• for some reason can't get my freakin iPhone 6+ to update so I can buy this app!! arrrr
    weirdly it's stuck on 12.4.5 and there is no prompt to update dammit!!

• @kobamoto said:
    for some reason can't get my freakin iPhone 6+ to update so I can buy this app!! arrrr

I think you're already at the maxed out version with the 6+.. check here..
    https://iosref.com/ios/

• @royor said:

@kobamoto said:
    for some reason can't get my freakin iPhone 6+ to update so I can buy this app!! arrrr

I think you're already at the maxed out version with the 6+.. check here..
    https://iosref.com/ios/

oh fudge!

• Sorry, I just checked if I can make it work on iOS12, but there are some critical features I'm using in the phone version that prevent me from doing so.

• Is midi learn in the plans at all?

• Am I missing something or there’s no way to add swing?

• @ohwell said:
    Am I missing something or there’s no way to add swing?

Screen real estate casualty :(

• To me, the 1-2 punch of having no swing and no way to move steps off the quantization grid is a bit of a musical straightjacket. But I really don't have a good sense of what proportion of users will find that to be a big problem.

If enough people also find that to be a big issue, might there be a way to comfortably add a parameter to the loop settings view by moving the "apply to all" button to a zone in something like the left 15-20% of the window? E.g. around this green box:

• Any chance for supporting iPhone SE?

• @auxmux said:
    Any chance for supporting iPhone SE?

One of my testers was on an SE, it should be supported. iOS13 for now though. I think I can make it work on iOS 12 soon, but I need to modify a couple things.

• I turned on haptics last night. Very surprisingly fun feature. B)

• @wim
    What do haptics do? I've turned it on but I don't see a difference.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    @wim

Vibrates the phone when a pad plays.

• @wim said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    @wim

Was it not on by default?

• @benkamen said:

@wim said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    @wim

Was it not on by default?

Sorry, I don’t remember.

• It was on by default when I first downloaded the app.

• @benkamen said:

@auxmux said:
    Any chance for supporting iPhone SE?

One of my testers was on an SE, it should be supported. iOS13 for now though. I think I can make it work on iOS 12 soon, but I need to modify a couple things.

That was it. I was on 11 but updated and it works. Sorry if this has been asked but will sample importing be supported?

• @auxmux said:
    That was it. I was on 11 but updated and it works. Sorry if this has been asked but will sample importing be supported?

I don't know. I didn't want the phone version to have to cost a lot of money. Sample importing means a lot of extra screens / a lot more development time. The idea here was not to make the whole app on the iPhone, but to make a fun simple version of the app. I know that's frustrating for the pro users (which is most of you! :smiley: ), and I completely get it, cause that's who I am too! But that's why there is the iPad version! The iPhone is a much more casual device IMO. If I did do it, it would be in the IAP full version only, and the price of that would probably go up to match the additional functionality.