Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3 Bizarreness (video)

Ok this is really bizarre, so I have a handful of hardware synths plugged into my Presonus Studiolive 32r digital mixer, the main outs of the mixer plugged into an Apogee Duet interface, and the interfaces USB midi plugged into a Novation SL64mkII keyboard. The problem is crackles when recording my Waldorf Blofeld synth into Cubasis 3. In the below video I do an audio recording test in Auria, Cubasis 2, and Cubasis 3. In each one I first play the passage without doing anything, then I hit record, then I play it back. In Auria and Cubasis 2 everything is fine, in Cubasis 3 everything is fine until I hit record .. then it crackles badly. This does not happen to my other hardware synths all running through the same mixer which include three Moog Mother 32’s, Minitaur, and Voyager, Roland Jupiter 80 and JV1080, Korg MS20, Waldorf Streichfett, Behringer DM12 and DM12D. Why on earth would this happen only with the Blofeld, and then only when the Cubasis 3 transport is started (it crackles too if I just hit the play button with an empty track and play notes) Really weird, any ideas?

Comments

• Are you by any chance running a beta of Cubasis 3?
    (My version is 3.0.1 on my iPad Air 2. iOS13.3.1).

• @Samu said:
    Are you by any chance running a beta of Cubasis 3?

Yes I’ve been on the beta team for a while now. I only got around to finally getting my mixer and synths hooked back up after a long hiatus this past week, so the only versions of Cubasis 3 I’ve used with this setup is the current release candidate and the one right before it. It’s just really weird man .. only the Blofeld! .. and it’s like one of my favorite synths 🥺

• @cloudswimmer said:

@Samu said:

Yes I’ve been on the beta team for a while now. I only got around to finally getting my mixer and synths hooked back up after a long hiatus this past week, so the only versions of Cubasis 3 I’ve used with this setup is the current release candidate and the one right before it. It’s just really weird man .. only the Blofeld! .. and it’s like one of my favorite synths 🥺

Ok, I've only got the Steinberg UR-242 and so far there's been no issues recording 4 channels (2 mono & 1 stereo) at once.
    Only thing I'm not so happy about is the lack of any kind of latency competition when freezing tracks.

It's impossible to create a 'tight loop' (ie. Mixdown/Freeze Between Locators) using the Waves L1 an example as it always adds latency so the frozen audio has empty space at the beginning and thus doesn't loop correct. Seriously it's already 2020...
    (There is no 'excuse' to let the iOS version lag 10 years behind when it comes to somewhat basic functionality).

Hope they get it sorted out, I'm just a regular user so the 3.0.2 will be a welcome update regarding some other issues...

• @Samu said:

@cloudswimmer said:

@Samu said:

Ok, I've only got the Steinberg UR-242 and so far there's been no issues recording 4 channels (2 mono & 1 stereo) at once.
    Only thing I'm not so happy about is the lack of any kind of latency competition when freezing tracks.

It's impossible to create a 'tight loop' (ie. Mixdown/Freeze Between Locators) using the Waves L1 an example as it always adds latency so the frozen audio has empty space at the beginning and thus doesn't loop correct. Seriously it's already 2020...
    (There is no 'excuse' to let the iOS version lag 10 years behind when it comes to somewhat basic functionality).

Hope they get it sorted out, I'm just a regular user so the 3.0.2 will be a welcome update regarding some other issues...

Well let’s face it the whole IOS thing is a challenge .. but that’s the fun of it ehh 🥳 lol. Cubasis 3 has really come a long way and is basically a joy to use (well as joyful as you can get on IOS), but my creativity compared to using my computers has come to a screeching halt since switching to iPads only. That really wasn’t by choice, last summer we had an earthquake here in So.Cal. that shook enough to crack the legs on my 8 foot dining room table that had my Jupiter 80, 2 big computer monitors, 2 sets of Studio Monitors, hard drives, mixers, etc. on it, so I had to tear everything down to move the table to the scrap heap and never got around to replacing it .. decided to try using the iPad as a stop gap while I figure out a new table solution and just kinda kept going with it .. but it’s been one big experiment day after day with these iPads vs. getting ideas going and songs done when I was using the computers with Reaper, my Kontakt libraries, the Spectrasonics stuff .. you know the drill. Are you using both computers and iPads these days or are you iPad only? Ohh and do you know any good table makers 🙄 lol (I’m chronically ill and just can’t get out to shop em any more)

• Well, I love my iPad but I do have my Mac Mini as well with LogicPro X and trackers (Renoise, SunVox etc.) are very close to my heart...

I can sympathize with hardware loss as my two laptops were stolen when I was on vacation earlier this year (one was the main machine, the other handled backups). So I lost almost everything I had created dating back to early 90s. Shit happens but life goes on...

I do like Cubasis but spend most time with AUM, BM3 and Gadget...
    This will change when Drambo drops, it’s insane in a good way :D

• @Samu said:
    Well, I love my iPad but I do have my Mac Mini as well with LogicPro X and trackers (Renoise, SunVox etc.) are very close to my heart...

I can sympathize with hardware loss as my two laptops were stolen when I was on vacation earlier this year (one was the main machine, the other handled backups). So I lost almost everything I had created dating back to early 90s. Shit happens but life goes on...

I do like Cubasis but spend most time with AUM, BM3 and Gadget...
    This will change when Drambo drops, it’s insane in a good way :D

Man I’m sorry to hear about your laptops! Wow that sucks! All your material gone 🥺 Hopefully you still have those ideas in your head and can redo them. I started buying external drives in pairs about 7 years ago and made backups on those storing one drive separate from the other, and my best mixes I put on digital tape via my Panasonic SV3700 DAT machine. But yeah stuff happens. Fortunately when my table legs broke and the table tilted sideways, all my stuff was basically glued down to it as the rubber feet on everything kinda bonded to the wood finish, so I didn’t loose any gear .. just the table. I’ve actually had my eye on a Mac Mini .. those things don’t have any fans right? The lack of fan noise on iPads has been one of the other big reasons I’ve been in no rush to use the computers again, both my desktop PC’s are high end gaming computers that make a lot of fan noise, if I got a Mac Mini could I use boot camp and run Windows 7 on it with all my PC VST’s on it?