Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

While we're all cooped up inside, here're some Loopy Pro updates

Comments

• @Gavinski said:
    OK, well, godspeed! Looking really great.

Thanks!

• Oh yeah, starting to get more details on Loopy Pro. This will be the thread to follow and favorite for sure. After all this time Loopy HD is still my favorite looper (having 5 of them installed somehow) so I'm sure Pro will be just the next generation that I'll still barely use all the capabilities of it.

• The saga continues...My latest Loopy Pro rig will be finished Monday. I’ll post a picture and a diagram...but Im using a rack-mounted Mac-mini with a +72dB 8ch interface. The mac will function as a mic/line effects processor. It is digitally connected to a rack-mounted 2020 iPad Pro currently running loopy. Similar to some of my previous rigs but more streamlined and new equipments.

Getting excited for a release date!

• @nerVe said:
    The saga continues...My latest Loopy Pro rig will be finished Monday. I’ll post a picture and a diagram...but Im using a rack-mounted Mac-mini with a +72dB 8ch interface. The mac will function as a mic/line effects processor. It is digitally connected to a rack-mounted 2020 iPad Pro currently running loopy. Similar to some of my previous rigs but more streamlined and new equipments.

sounds interesting!

• edited May 2020

@nerVe said:
    The saga continues...My latest Loopy Pro rig will be finished Monday. I’ll post a picture and a diagram...but Im using a rack-mounted Mac-mini with a +72dB 8ch interface. The mac will function as a mic/line effects processor. It is digitally connected to a rack-mounted 2020 iPad Pro currently running loopy. Similar to some of my previous rigs but more streamlined and new equipments.

Cool - pictures when you´re ready, please:)
    Edit: haha - i should read a little better.. looking forward to the picture!

• @Michael said:
    Here's something fun I'm working on right now: automatic loop detection. Loopy does a tempo analysis, then finds the start and end of the loop in the recording audio and then punches out and trims automatically. Should make recording of that first loop pretty foolproof.

Haha, exactly the kind of experiments I'm very much into 😅
    How would you handle material that has some attack before a transient that needs to be included in order to keep the sound natural?
    It would require starting at the transient in the first loop iteration but playing the pre-transient attack phase at the end of the loop for all consecutive iterations...

• Uh.. can you give me an example? That's pretty confusing!

• Wow. That’s sounds awesome, having it analyze , trim, etc automatically. Sweet.

• @Michael said:
    Uh.. can you give me an example? That's pretty confusing!

Sorry, I fell back to speaking greek again.
    It basically comes down to:

• Transient detection that can handle non-ideal transients with some "attack" phase that would sound rhythmically wrong when detected as a transient already
    • A sample start offset that allows for starting the loop at the actual transient hit without cutting off the attack phase in the following loop cycles (and without clicking)

Great idea btw.!

• Hmm, more greek 😁 Not quite following, but I suspect it'll be fine.

• To me what’s already in loopy should be enough for a perfect loop.
    Folks who play live most likely have honed that elusive skill. Those who cannot play at home can retake as much as they like.

I’m not against improving apps useability, I’m just worried that pro will become bloated and over complex resource intensive machine that’s a bitch to maintain.

• @supadom said:
    To me what’s already in loopy should be enough for a perfect loop.
    Folks who play live most likely have honed that elusive skill. Those who cannot play at home can retake as much as they like.

I’m not against improving apps useability, I’m just worried that pro will become bloated and over complex resource intensive machine that’s a bitch to maintain.

It's actually the hardest thing for users to get the hang of, and my biggest cause of support grief - people just can't generally work out how to get a good first loop. So this is actually a pretty big deal for me, and should make my life much easier.

• Check it out, here's a very early first-cut - next is to refine the mode that lets you pre-set the length and have it start seamlessly as soon as it records the set number of bars.

• @Michael said:

@supadom said:
    To me what’s already in loopy should be enough for a perfect loop.

It's actually the hardest thing for users to get the hang of, and my biggest cause of support grief - people just can't generally work out how to get a good first loop. So this is actually a pretty big deal for me, and should make my life much easier.

I don't mind complexity when needed, especially if it's well hidden behind clean UI, but I really hope it's remains relatively lightweight.

• Yup, that's my goal

• This seems like a productive direction @Michael. Endless has some similar voodo magic (the good kind) baked into its looper that makes looping a very smooth flowing and enjoyable experience.

• @Michael said:
    Check it out, here's a very early first-cut - next is to refine the mode that lets you pre-set the length and have it start seamlessly as soon as it records the set number of bars.

yes!!!

• @Michael said:
    Check it out, here's a very early first-cut - next is to refine the mode that lets you pre-set the length and have it start seamlessly as soon as it records the set number of bars.

wow... that's real magic there... nice!
    mooore, please :)

• @Michael excellent!!!

• edited May 2020

@Michael Amazing!!! Super innovative 👌🏼

• Hell yes!!!!!!!

• @Michael. That looks like Auto Record and the ability to create a loop of any length.
    Is that what is happening?

• @Michael that is magic! Say I play something in 3/4--will it only play back in 3/4 if I set the time signature before hand?

• I think the point is that you don't have to set even time signature ahead... at least I hope so... once your loop is done it'll calculate everything.

• edited May 2020

Not sure what u mean about endless having some voodoo but by default everything is quantized to the tempo (not audio input). If u take the quantize off there won’t be any voodoo magic there and if your rhythm is off u’ll hear it.

@Michael Hi, Will there be > @ecamburn said:

This seems like a productive direction @Michael. Endless has some similar voodo magic (the good kind) baked into its looper that makes looping a very smooth flowing and enjoyable experience.

• @paradiddle said:
    Not sure what u mean about endless having some voodoo but by default everything is quantized to the tempo. If u take the quantize off there won’t be any voodoo magic there and if your rhythm is off u’ll hear it.

This seems like a productive direction @Michael. Endless has some similar voodo magic (the good kind) baked into its looper that makes looping a very smooth flowing and enjoyable experience.

Also when it comes to being extra sloppy while recording with quantise on some notes might get put on the wrong grid line.

I still believe folks attempting at playing live should try to improve their timing before relying on software. I’m probably too old school though.

• @supadom said:

@paradiddle said:
    Not sure what u mean about endless having some voodoo but by default everything is quantized to the tempo. If u take the quantize off there won’t be any voodoo magic there and if your rhythm is off u’ll hear it.

Also when it comes to being extra sloppy while recording with quantise on some notes might get put on the wrong grid line.

I still believe folks attempting at playing live should try to improve their timing before relying on software. I’m probably too old school though.

GET OFF MY LAWN, GRANDPA!

• To be honest I’m not sure if understood the concept of the video , but it reminded me to post a FR:

• when recording a loop (non predefined number of measures) ,sometimes mistakenly, I don’t stop the recording in time so loopy continues recording until the next beat . So I’d really love the Pro version to start the loop immediately and few msec ahead from start to keep in sync.
      Hope it makes :)
  • @Korakios said:
    To be honest I’m not sure if understood the concept of the video , but it reminded me to post a FR:

• when recording a loop (non predefined number of measures) ,sometimes mistakenly, I don’t stop the recording in time so loopy continues recording until the next beat . So I’d really love the Pro version to start the loop immediately and few msec ahead from start to keep in sync.

That's what it does. You don't have to stop recording in time, you just stop playing and Loopy Pro will find the correct stop time for you.

• @rs2000 said:

@Korakios said:
    To be honest I’m not sure if understood the concept of the video , but it reminded me to post a FR:

That's what it does. You don't have to stop recording in time, you just stop playing and Loopy Pro will find the correct stop time for you.

Cool :) But there is a big gap in the video , that’s why I got confused. Shouldn’t the sound start immediately?

This discussion has been closed.