Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

While we're all cooped up inside, here're some Loopy Pro updates

Comments

• @Michael doesn't your work on Samplebot inform some of the MIDI functionality?

• edited March 2020

@lukesleepwalker said:
    @Michael doesn't your work on Samplebot inform some of the MIDI functionality?

A little, yeah. Actually, right from the start I've been planning on MIDI looping, so a lot of the infrastructure is there already. I've just been focusing on audio and other features so far.

• @Michael said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

A little, yeah. Actually, right from the start I've been planning on MIDI looping, so a lot of the infrastructure is there already. I've just been focusing on audio and other features so far.

Gotcha, thanks for the reply. Hope you and the family are healthy and doing well.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@Michael said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Gotcha, thanks for the reply. Hope you and the family are healthy and doing well.

Likewise! What a crazy world we have found ourselves in.

• @Michael said:
    Yeah, my 'get apps out fast' days may be over for a little while during this time of intensive parenting!

That's going to be a blessing for you and your kids. I has to commute to work and pay the bills and there's no way to recover those lost years. I just wasn't there most of the time.
    I couldn't teach them much. Just family outings to help the "real parent" get out of the house. So making them a priority will make for a better life for all.

• @McD said:

@Michael said:
    Yeah, my 'get apps out fast' days may be over for a little while during this time of intensive parenting!

That's going to be a blessing for you and your kids. I has to commute to work and pay the bills and there's no way to recover those lost years. I just wasn't there most of the time.
    I couldn't teach them much. Just family outings to help the "real parent" get out of the house. So making them a priority will make for a better life for all.

That sucks 😔 It really feels like something's broken, the way that that's almost the universal experience, one parent missing out, the other one being stuck doing much of the parenting. I hope we find a better way one day.

But I digress...

• Next up: Loopy Pro, colouring edition...

• @Michael said:
    Next up: Loopy Pro, colouring edition...

OMG!!!

• What a blessed little guy to play around with the pre-beta versions of loopy professional ;)

• edited April 2020

@david_2017 said:
    What a blessed little guy to play around with the pre-beta versions of loopy professional ;)

He’s quite a good beta tester too. Found a few bugs I would never have discovered cos he does stuff I don’t expect

• @Michael said:

@david_2017 said:
    What a blessed little guy to play around with the pre-beta versions of loopy professional ;)

He’s quite a good beta tester too. Found a few bugs I would never have discovered cos he does stuff I don’t expect

He got dem Mojo :smiley:

• Ha, that's great, @Michael . Are we seeing how to create loop groups there?

• @Michael said:

@david_2017 said:

Doesn't surprise me at all. Great video; thanks for sharing!

• Haha that's awesome

• Ha! Priceless..

• @Michael said:

@david_2017 said:

The DNA carries on!

• @Michael said:

Yes! Kids are the best beta testers. I let my kids play the games I'm working on, and they always find unique ways to break things that I can pass on to the team.

• I like it. I suspect as fun as it is to color the loops... do the different colors also represent loop grouping?

• edited April 2020

@Michael_R_Grant said:
    Ha, that's great, @Michael . Are we seeing how to create loop groups there?

Yep! We are.

@Hmtx said:
    I like it. I suspect as fun as it is to color the loops... do the different colors also represent loop grouping?

They do!

While we’re on the subject, here’s what loop groups can do:

• Configure group playback: One track at a time within the group, or all tracks play at once with the option to have a set of other groups with which it is mutually exclusive (one group starts, all the other chosen groups stop)
    • Configure a wide range of configurations for the tracks within the group, like synchronisation settings, count in and out, record mode (look-ahead or normal), post-record state (playing or muted), hold to play, etc. The settings also exist at the global level, so you can set defaults for a session and then have specific configurations for certain groups.
    • Configure the output audio channels for the group members, so you can send different groups to different output audio channels for multichannel audio interface
    • Configure the input audio channels, so different groups can record from different inputs
    • Add effects on the group members, like that EQ above

And you can create as many groups as you like so there’s a lot of control to be had.

• Bravo! Looking great, also gotta say that 16 loops fits perfectly 👍🏼👍🏼 ... is 16 the max viewable tracks now?

• Is this the new Drambo thread now ;)

• @audiblevideo said:
    Is this the new Drambo thread now ;)

I hope so... I miss it already. Now it's just fact, fact, fact. Where's the mystery in my daily reads?

Does Loopy Pro have "one shot waveform" support with viral morphing of the waveform into random ambient masterpieces? Can you add that? I like the push button matserpiece idea... I should have taken out a patent before giving away my genius idea for app development.

Discuss. Let's hit 200 pages before it ships.

• @Hmtx said:
    Bravo! Looking great, also gotta say that 16 loops fits perfectly 👍🏼👍🏼 ... is 16 the max viewable tracks now?

Actually, you can add as many as you like;

• @McD said:

@audiblevideo said:
    Is this the new Drambo thread now ;)

I hope so... I miss it already. Now it's just fact, fact, fact. Where's the mystery in my daily reads?

Does Loopy Pro have "one shot waveform" support with viral morphing of the waveform into random ambient masterpieces? Can you add that? I like the push button matserpiece idea... I should have taken out a patent before giving away my genius idea for app development.

Discuss. Let's hit 200 pages before it ships.

Yes, yes it is ;-)

200? Jeeze. Aim higher!

• That is some beautiful UI there! B)

• @Michael said:
    200? Jeeze. Aim higher!

I'm a ready-fire-aim kind of guy. Just shooting at this point without aiming.

• People are saying this app will be the game changer. Really... a lot of people are saying it.
    I don't know but they could be right. What are you hearing? And who the hell are you anyway? Think about it.

No "Loopy Pro Truthers" on this thread or @Michael will just shut the whole forum off. He has kids to feed. Take that shit to 4Chan.

• 193 pages to go! At least...

• the drambo thread took two years to get to where it did, we can do better here 🤣

This discussion has been closed.