Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

While we're all cooped up inside, here're some Loopy Pro updates

Comments

• @SimonSomeone said:
    If @Michael feels like answering another question, I'm wondering how he sees the new Loopy.
    Is it, as I am imagining it will be for me, a much more fully featured, super capable looper, with great capabilities for live performance, or has it crossed the line into being able to be used in a more general purpose DAW like way?

I'd recommend speed reading through the thread. There is lots of information. This is a big project with anlot of capabilities not easily summarized in a paragraph or two.

• @Michael Any idea how big in terms of MB,s Loopy Pro going to be once it drops as Sod’s law I’m going to be back to sea on ships snail speed wifi ?

• @Michael i suscribed on the loopy pro website. Is that the way to sign up for the beta?. I really, really, want to try it out!.

• @tahiche said:
    @Michael i suscribed on the loopy pro website. Is that the way to sign up for the beta?. I really, really, want to try it out!.

Pro tip:
    “I really, really, want to help to improve the app! 😉😛

• @0tolerance4silence said:

@tahiche said:
    @Michael i suscribed on the loopy pro website. Is that the way to sign up for the beta?. I really, really, want to try it out!.

Pro tip:

Hahaha. 😂
    I really, really, want to help to improve the app! 🙌
    Seriously, I’ll be such a good beta tester. I’m a champion in complaining about audio looping and clips!. Ive also tried it all and have hit every wall.

• @tahiche said:

@0tolerance4silence said:

@tahiche said:

Pro tip:

Hahaha. 😂
    Seriously, I’ll be such a good beta tester. I’m a champion in complaining about audio looping and clips!. Ive also tried it all and have hit every wall.

I don't believe the wide beta has started.

• @ervin said:

@theinfinate said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@theinfinate said:

@mistercharlie said:
    @theinfinate Can’t you just use the built-in screen recorder?

I didn't actually think of that but it won't work as I want to hit the buttons on screen so id need loopy to be open on the screen

That my friend, is what a MIDI controller is for 🤓

yeah I know and I do have many but I have my phone is mounted on my bike as I loop as im riding a bike (as you do) so I wanted to keep the setup as minimal as I can. I use a insta go 2 to film and sync audio in post but thought my phone has a good camera in it so I t would be great if I could do it all with just phone. Also I like to see the app and loops in motion

"Looping while riding a bike" has got to be the most niche audiobus forum use case ever. I'm in awe. It's glorious! 👏👏👏

I can see a feature request on the horizon. Can it sync to my bicycle wheels :lol:

• @AndyPlankton said:

@ervin said:

@theinfinate said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@theinfinate said:

@mistercharlie said:

I didn't actually think of that but it won't work as I want to hit the buttons on screen so id need loopy to be open on the screen

yeah I know and I do have many but I have my phone is mounted on my bike as I loop as im riding a bike (as you do) so I wanted to keep the setup as minimal as I can. I use a insta go 2 to film and sync audio in post but thought my phone has a good camera in it so I t would be great if I could do it all with just phone. Also I like to see the app and loops in motion

"Looping while riding a bike" has got to be the most niche audiobus forum use case ever. I'm in awe. It's glorious! 👏👏👏

I can see a feature request on the horizon. Can it sync to my bicycle wheels :lol:

Yep bicycle sync is already in there

• @espiegel123 said:

@tahiche said:

@tahiche said:

Pro tip:

Hahaha. 😂

Just a week or so away now

• @Michael said:

@espiegel123 said:

@tahiche said:

@tahiche said:

Pro tip:

Hahaha. 😂

All the joy!

• @wawelt said:

@Michael said:

@espiegel123 said:

@tahiche said:

@tahiche said:

Pro tip:

Hahaha. 😂

All the joy!

🤗🤗🤗

• @Michael Good evening. I haven't read all of this currently 40 pages thread but wanted to pose a question. Will Loopy Pro be able to send out midi information for track status. Say I have a controller with RGB pads like the launchpad pro or arturia minilab. Could it send out information as to which loops are active, playing, or currently recording?

Would be cool for a loopyHD update as well but just wondering. I know the point of a lot of iPad apps are to utilize the touch screen for interaction but just thought it might be a pretty cool "Pro" feature if possible.

• @TheAudioDabbler said:
    @Michael Good evening. I haven't read all of this currently 40 pages thread but wanted to pose a question. Will Loopy Pro be able to send out midi information for track status. Say I have a controller with RGB pads like the launchpad pro or arturia minilab. Could it send out information as to which loops are active, playing, or currently recording?

Would be cool for a loopyHD update as well but just wondering. I know the point of a lot of iPad apps are to utilize the touch screen for interaction but just thought it might be a pretty cool "Pro" feature if possible.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/926688/#Comment_926688

• @wim said:

@TheAudioDabbler said:
    @Michael Good evening. I haven't read all of this currently 40 pages thread but wanted to pose a question. Will Loopy Pro be able to send out midi information for track status. Say I have a controller with RGB pads like the launchpad pro or arturia minilab. Could it send out information as to which loops are active, playing, or currently recording?

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/926688/#Comment_926688

Not to mention the official Launchpad support which already provides this out of box for some models

• @TheAudioDabbler said:

Yep, that works by default (no need to program additional midi send commands), for any action, including track playback and solo and other stuff like assigning a track or effect parameter value (on state will be shown when the value matches so you can make mini sliders and stuff).

• @Michael said:

@TheAudioDabbler said:

Yep, that works by default (no need to program additional midi send commands), for any action, including track playback and solo and other stuff like assigning a track or effect parameter value (on state will be shown when the value matches so you can make mini sliders and stuff).

This reply goes down like BUTTER in my mouth, since I have a LPPro MK3:

🤤🤤🤤

• @Michael said:

@TheAudioDabbler said:

With any controller? Including the minilab?

• @Michael said:

@TheAudioDabbler said:

For the merging action as well ?
    Would an external midi controller know that two tracks have been merged together ?

• @ervin said:

I like to be different :D > @Michael said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@ervin said:

@theinfinate said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@theinfinate said:

@mistercharlie said:

Yep bicycle sync is already in there

Michael is the man that just keeps on giving! Im afraid I won't use it however as my roads are quite hilly so the tempo would be too hard to maintain. I can't wait to show you all my setup, as soon as loopy pro drops i'l be debuting my crazy antics YouTube channel.

• Any chance (AUv3 or otherwise) this will be able to take advantage of multi-core M1 architecture?

• Let’s hope this doesn’t come out any time soon and ruin the thread.

• @ashh said:
    Let’s hope this doesn’t come out any time soon and ruin the thread.

🎖️

• @ttk said:

@Michael said:

@TheAudioDabbler said:

For the merging action as well ?
    Would an external midi controller know that two tracks have been merged together ?

Haha, congratulations, Sherlock, you've discovered the exception 🕵️‍♂️😆 No, the merge action doesn't have a state indicator.

• @wahnfrieden said:
    Any chance (AUv3 or otherwise) this will be able to take advantage of multi-core M1 architecture?

For audio rendering? No, not just yet, but it's on my radar.

• No more talk! Bring on the beta

• Page 4! How did that happen so close to release?

I’m just wondering whist I patiently wait.
    Will samples be able to be imported straight into the clip launcher directly from the files app?
    Will the DAW have automated mixing/volume.

This is going to be great. I can’t believe it’s about to arrive any time soon.

I’m fully expecting this to be a major enhancement to my workflow.

🤠

• @robosardine said:
    This is going to be great. I can’t believe it’s about to arrive any time soon.

“Arrive” meaning the debut of the public beta…

And “soon” being about a week from Michael’s statement about a week ago.

So… No rush but some of us are much excite. 😃🤩😍😎

• 😄 I’m constantly thrown by the fact of being a parent every second day and how drastically it affects timelines. Even after four years of it I’m still not quite sure I’ve got the hang of it. Got a big batch of bugs I’m working through, but once those are solved I’ll open it up more.

• Since you have the feature to split audio by transient into drum pads of some kind - how about a way to automatically quantize these elements in the original loop without having to re-perform it? Would be welcome until MIDI looping.

This discussion has been closed.