Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

While we're all cooped up inside, here're some Loopy Pro updates

Comments

• You're thinking of so many smart things that will enhance the user experience and reduce annoyance, @Michael. Great stuff.

• @Michael_R_Grant said:
    You're thinking of so many smart things that will enhance the user experience and reduce annoyance, @Michael. Great stuff.

Thank you! =)

• @espiegel123 said:

@Michael said:
    Check it out, here's a very early first-cut - next is to refine the mode that lets you pre-set the length and have it start seamlessly as soon as it records the set number of bars.

So cool.

Sooo cool! That it starts playback at the correct position in the loop seems like frigging magic.

• Looking cool.

• Sooo @Michael we're still all cooped up inside (or at least some of us), have any more loopy pro updates?

• @sloJordan said:
    Sooo @Michael we're still all cooped up inside (or at least some of us), have any more loopy pro updates?

I've been wondering how much to talk about what I'm up to right now, it's one of those things I half wonder if I should be patenting! Basically, I'm down the rabbit hole of auto loop detection; taken a lot longer than I'd expected, but I'm almost there and I'm gonna see it through - 'cos the user experience will be amazing!

Lots of staring at plots like this:

• @Michael said:

@sloJordan said:
    Sooo @Michael we're still all cooped up inside (or at least some of us), have any more loopy pro updates?

I've been wondering how much to talk about what I'm up to right now, it's one of those things I half wonder if I should be patenting! Basically, I'm down the rabbit hole of auto loop detection; taken a lot longer than I'd expected, but I'm almost there and I'm gonna see it through - 'cos the user experience will be amazing!

Wow.

Awesome.

On another note, if you're half thinking to patent something?
    Patent it.

Looking forward to seeing this.

• @Gravitas said:
    Patent it.

Patents just sound like so damn much trouble. Sound too much like the crap I had to do during my PhD, all that lit survey stuff and writing.. hard to imagine it'd be worthwhile.

• @Michael said:

@Gravitas said:
    Patent it.

Patents just sound like so damn much trouble. Sound too much like the crap I had to do during my PhD, all that lit survey stuff and writing.. hard to imagine it'd be worthwhile.

Just sneak an "All your loops are mine." clause deep in the license agreement for the app. One of us will make you filthy rich some day.

• @wim said:

@Michael said:

@Gravitas said:
    Patent it.

Just sneak an "All your loops are mine." clause deep in the license agreement for the app. One of us will make you filthy rich some day.

Oh yeah, that's already in there! In the license agreement...on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying 'Beware of the Leopard.'...

• @Michael said:

@Gravitas said:
    Patent it.

Cool.
    I have no idea about patents.
    Sounds like a hassle.
    I didn't go to university.
    I dropped out at sixteen and became a musician instead.

• @Michael said:

@wim said:

@Michael said:

@Gravitas said:
    Patent it.

Oh yeah, that's already in there! In the license agreement...on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying 'Beware of the Leopard.'...

Looking forward to this muchly. If you have a thingie here however that you believe someone else could run with/benefit from/utilize further please listen to the baby who's saying Dad, please patent it.... :)

• @Michael what did you do your phd in? Also thanks for the update!

• edited July 2020

@sloJordan said:
    @Michael what did you do your phd in? Also thanks for the update!

I was about to describe it but then I instantly fell asleep! That seems to happen every time. Let me try again: Radio Propagation Environment Awarene...zzzz..... Basically, doing a CT scan of a city/suburb/etc by using signal strength measurements from wifi/etc radios operating in the area, which you can use for predictive routing.

Dirty secret is I never finished it. Got about 95% there. Did Loopy and Audiobus instead.

• @Michael said:

@sloJordan said:
    @Michael what did you do your phd in? Also thanks for the update!

I was about to describe it but then I instantly fell asleep! That seems to happen every time. Let me try again: Radio Propagation Environment Awarene...zzzz..... Basically, doing a CT scan of a city/suburb/etc by using signal strength measurements from wifi/etc radios operating in the area, which you can use for predictive routing.

Dirty secret is I never finished it. Got about 95% there. Did Loopy and Audiobus instead.

Now if that isn't a call for "Dr. Loopy"!!!
    Pro was yesterday's business. 😁

• 5G - Loopy Edition.

• Dare I ask: When? Roughly?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Dare I ask: When? Roughly?

I wish I had an answer! I've learned in the last few years it's better not to guess. Very roughly, probably within 6 months; I'm hoping for earlier, but it's a bit soon to say for sure.

• still stoked for this!!!

• Six months in dog dad months or calendar months?

• @wim said:
    Six months in dog dad months or calendar months?

Therein lies the rub! I'm not especially good at converting between the two 😄

• @Michael said:

@wim said:

@Michael said:

Always trust a Douglas Adams fan.

• @Michael said:

Always trust a Douglas Adams fan.

What’s everyone’s favorite Douglass Adams book or quote?

• @Michael said:

@sloJordan said:

What's the worst that can happen if you don't patent something? Can someone else patent it and set their lawyers on you. There's worse than some random indy developer appropriating bits of it in their own app, annoying but not scary. I don't know much about it but I'd get some professional advice.

• @SpartanClownTide said:

@Michael said:

@sloJordan said:

What's the worst that can happen if you don't patent something? Can someone else patent it and set their lawyers on you. There's worse than some random indy developer appropriating bits of it in their own app, annoying but not scary. I don't know much about it but I'd get some professional advice.

Nope. If someone comes up with an idea and implements it, it can't be patented (if a patent is issued it will be invalid). Sometimes the expense of a patent is not worth it. It really depends on whether you think you can license the patent -- or if you think a competitor will take advantage of your technology.

• Upholding international patent laws, particularly in Asian, is upwards of $300k...and that's just to get the ball rolling... At least have a business model in place and start collecting $$$ sooner than later...infringement is inevitable...

• wimwim
    edited July 2020

True story from many, many years ago: I was standing in an endless customs checkpoint line at London Heathrow. A friend had given me the Hitchhiker's Guide anthology so I pulled it out and started reading it to pass the time. I felt a tap on my shoulder and a perfect brit, in a bowler hat no less asked me "Pardon me, but may I ask, is that the Hitchhiker's Guide you're reading?" I said, "Yes, are you a fan?" He gave a little embarrassed cough, flushed a bit and said, "Well, indeed ... but ... well ... I've just never come across anyone willing to be seen reading it in public."

😂

• @wim said:
    True story from many, many years ago: I was standing in an endless customs checkpoint line at London Heathrow. A friend had given me the Hitchhiker's Guide anthology so I pulled it out and started reading it to pass the time. I felt a tap on my shoulder and a perfect brit, in a bowler hat no less asked me "Pardon me, but may I ask, is that the Hitchhiker's Guide you're reading?" I said, "Yes, are you a fan?" He gave a little embarrassed cough, flushed a bit and said, "Well, indeed ... but ... well ... I've just never come across anyone willing to be seen in public reading it."

😂

That is hilarious!

• Haha! Wonderful!

This discussion has been closed.