Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SynthMaster One iPhone now FREE for a while

2»

Comments

• @kv331audio_bulent Thanks so much for getting back to me. Right on, that would be awesome if it is one day is possible. I did complete registration. But I guess they are 2 separate apps so yea....

• @kv331audio_bulent i love the sound of SMO, top notch synth, brilliant, but I continue to have crashing issues with SynthMaster One for iPhone. I wanna buy the IAP but I’m hesitant to do so because of these issues. I am on an iPad 6th gen with most recent iOS. So far it has been happening 2 different ways.

1. In AUv3 mode, When Reloading a session in AUM with SMO for iPhone in it, SMO for iPhone comes up with the red background, and doesn’t load. You can click it and reload but it loses preset and midi connections.

1. In stand alone mode the app crashes completely when I try to select any preset I downloaded from the online bank.

I mentioned the issue inside AUM before in this forum and someone said that it wasn’t happening to them.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    @kv331audio_bulent i love the sound of SMO, top notch synth, brilliant, but I continue to have crashing issues with SynthMaster One for iPhone. I wanna buy the IAP but I’m hesitant to do so because of these issues. I am on an iPad 6th gen with most recent iOS. So far it has been happening 2 different ways.

1. In AUv3 mode, When Reloading a session in AUM with SMO for iPhone in it, SMO for iPhone comes up with the red background, and doesn’t load. You can click it and reload but it loses preset and midi connections.

1. In stand alone mode the app crashes completely when I try to select any preset I downloaded from the online bank.

I mentioned the issue inside AUM before in this forum and someone said that it wasn’t happening to them.

What happens if your AUM session has just one instance of SynthMaster One? Do you have the same problem?

• This is weird.... I closed that AUM session and instead of opening it from the file manager in AUM I hit “RELOAD LAST SESSION” from the blank screen and it reloaded all the SMO for iPhone instances with midi connections. Even though the last session I had open was the picture I posted above.... weird.

• @espiegel123 I just ran a test to double check and it does not load even with 1 instance. I opened it from the file manager in AUM and it did not load. But weirdly enough After I closed that, then hit “RELOAD LAST SESSION” it loaded it perfectly fine...

• is anyone one else having this issue?

I’ve already tried soft and hard restart of my iPad. Maybe I’ll delete the app and reinstall...

• @Poppadocrock said:
    is anyone one else having this issue?

I’ve already tried soft and hard restart of my iPad. Maybe I’ll delete the app and reinstall...

What type of iPhone and iOS version (sorry if you posted that and I missed it).

• @espiegel123 No worries thanks for the help. I’m actually using it on an iPad 6th gen (2018) with iOS 13.3.1. Could that be the issue, I mean it should work the same As on iPhone, correct? I’ll try it on my iPhone to see what happens.

• @Poppadocrock I had it crash in garageband on iphone and ipad mini. Reloading would not work, closing the project and re-opening would not work.

It worked fine last night and this morning, but this afternoon it is not working.

• Huh. Yea that’s a little odd as well. Hopefully more can chime in and we can get the root of any issues

• @Poppadocrock said:
    @espiegel123 No worries thanks for the help. I’m actually using it on an iPad 6th gen (2018) with iOS 13.3.1. Could that be the issue, I mean it should work the same As on iPhone, correct? I’ll try it on my iPhone to see what happens.

I tried the iPhone version on an iPad gen 6 under iOS 12.3.1 and the AU crashes on load though works standalone.

The universal version works fine however. So seems to be just a problem with the iphone version.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    @espiegel123 No worries thanks for the help. I’m actually using it on an iPad 6th gen (2018) with iOS 13.3.1. Could that be the issue, I mean it should work the same As on iPhone, correct? I’ll try it on my iPhone to see what happens.

I tried the iPhone version on an iPad gen 6 under iOS 12.3.1 and the AU crashes on load though works standalone.

The universal version works fine however. So seems to be just a problem with the iphone version.

I was using the universal version. I’m gonna try the iPhone one.

• Thanks for the help @espiegel123 & @animalelder

Im trying to decide if I can get away with using just the iPhone version on my iPad and buy the IAP. Or am I gonna have to get SMO universal version, and maybe pass on IAP for now... I’m hoping to just use SMO for iPhone on my iPad. I do have an iPhone but I do 99% of my Music Production on my iPad.

I’m gonna test SMO for iPhone on my actual iPhone soon and report back.

• I'll test those issues on my iPhone folks.

• @kv331audio_bulent

I have managed to test it on my iPhone 6s running newest iOS 13.3.1 and it works completely fine in AUM. It loads every time I open a previous session with SMO for iPhone in it. Also no crashes in standalone as far as I’ve seen on iPhone.

So it seems like the issue, at least for me, is only when reloading a session in AUM which contains SMO for iPhone on my iPad 6. (Haven’t tried another host yet)

I hope this helps in some way. I mite to test in a few other hosts as well.... Thanks again for your time.

• @kv331audio_bulent

I took these screen shots today. I hope they can help you figure out what the issue might be. It is only happening in AUM, when I use the iPhone version on my iPad 6, and try to reload a project. Thanks.

• Any reason to use the iPhone version over or in addition to the regular version?

• edited March 2020

@tja said:
    Any reason to use the iPhone version over or in addition to the regular version?

Free ? ;)

• Yea. I’m trying to decide whether I should stick with iPhone version and get IAP or do I need to get Universal version, and maybe hold off on IAP. Honestly Im hoping to get away with using SMO for iPhone version on my iPad.