Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Stay At Home Cause Everything is Canceled Sales

Comments

• @auxmux said:

@animalelder said:
    @craftycurate I see NI also has a great deal on Maschine expansions, these sounds can be used anywhere, good quality stuff.

Use Kit Maker to convert it the expansions for other apps or platforms like Beatmaker 3.

What is kit maker?

• @mrufino1 said:

@auxmux said:

@animalelder said:
    @craftycurate I see NI also has a great deal on Maschine expansions, these sounds can be used anywhere, good quality stuff.

Use Kit Maker to convert it the expansions for other apps or platforms like Beatmaker 3.

What is kit maker?

https://www.kit-maker.com/ New version is in beta.

• @auxmux said:

@mrufino1 said:

@auxmux said:

@animalelder said:

What is kit maker?

I would very much like to see how that works.
    Also, I have a bunch of iMaschine kits in Audioshare for some reason. How can I get them to iMaschine?

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@auxmux said:

@mrufino1 said:

@auxmux said:

@animalelder said:

What is kit maker?

Also, I have a bunch of iMaschine kits in Audioshare for some reason. How can I get them to iMaschine?

Files are exported into a folder per kit in the expansion. I've imported into sampler like AudioLayer and other apps.

• Cool, thanks.
    I followed the link, and apparently the app is pulled while it's being retooled?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Cool, thanks.
    I followed the link, and apparently the app is pulled while it's being retooled?

Yeah, didn't realize they had pulled it. Maybe try social or emailing them.

• Cool, thanks, I’ll keep my eye out for when they put it back out. Great tip, thanks!

• edited March 2020

@ExAsperis99 said:

@auxmux said:

@mrufino1 said:

@auxmux said:

@animalelder said:

What is kit maker?

I think that you don't really need kit maker anymore as you can drag and drop audio files to pads in BM3 and NS2, and AudioLayer can import complete folders.
    Drag/drop is also a faster way to preview files and deciding which ones to drag to pads.
    Kit maker wasn't able to map chromatic samples to keyboard ranges anyway.

• @rs2000 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@auxmux said:

@mrufino1 said:

@auxmux said:

@animalelder said:

What is kit maker?

I think that you don't really need kit maker anymore as you can drag and drop audio files to pads in BM3 and NS2, and AudioLayer can import complete folders.
    Drag/drop is also a faster way to preview files and deciding which ones to drag to pads.
    Kit maker wasn't able to map chromatic samples to keyboard ranges anyway.

Yeah it lacked a lot of features, but it was good for creating a lot of banks quickly. Definitely not perfect and often missing pads within a bank. It also set the envelope for every sample to an excessive value which broke the envelopes.

The way it seemed to work was it would find all the different kicks and then scrape the names from the kick files and then look for other samples that had the same prefix name.

It wasn’t able to read into mxgrp files, though I have seen a python script that sort of is able to do that, metadata only it seemed.

Anyway hopefully they bring back a better version that fixes problems.

• Thanks to this thread I picked up Hey Metronome. 30 minutes of blissful drum practicing later...

• Talkbox Synth by Electrospit is on sale for $4.99 down from $24.99

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/talkbox-synth-by-electrospit/id1447605987

• Audio Spectrum on sale for $00.99 down from $3.99

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/audio-spectrum/id861956934

• @mrufino1 said:

@auxmux said:

@animalelder said:

What is kit maker?

If you use BM3 and Maschine or have Maschine expansion packs....it literally is a MUST have, omg. I used to convert them manually and when I say it saved me days and days and in reality at least a year of time, I’m not exaggerating, and I can’t say anything about the new version that’s in beta due to the whole NDA thing except that imo it’s going to be a game changer...not for everyone but definitely for a lot of people.

• @Strizbiz said:

@mrufino1 said:

@auxmux said:

@animalelder said:

What is kit maker?

If you use BM3 and Maschine or have Maschine expansion packs....it literally is a MUST have, omg. I used to convert them manually and when I say it saved me days and days and in reality at least a year of time, I’m not exaggerating, and I can’t say anything about the new version that’s in beta due to the whole NDA thing except that imo it’s going to be a game changer...not for everyone but definitely for a lot of people.

Anyway, yeah..I don’t want to hijack this thread but it’s a great little app..that’s all..back to the sales 😁

• @Strizbiz If all you want is import thousands of samples into BM3 "just to have them" then I understand but when composing, for me it's all about choosing the right samples and not get distracted by endless lists of samples.

• edited March 2020

@rs2000 said:
    @Strizbiz If all you want is import thousands of samples into BM3 "just to have them" then I understand but when composing, for me it's all about choosing the right samples and not get distracted by endless lists of samples.

Yeah....but wait till you see what’s in the next version though....trust me...it’s going to be a game changer for many.... I promise 😁... I’m busting at the seams not to spill the beans ...🤭😂

• @Strizbiz said:

@rs2000 said:
    @Strizbiz If all you want is import thousands of samples into BM3 "just to have them" then I understand but when composing, for me it's all about choosing the right samples and not get distracted by endless lists of samples.

Yeah....but wait till you see what’s in the next version though....trust me...it’s going to be a game changer for many.... I promise 😁... I’m busting at the seams not to spill the beans ...🤭😂

Facts are always welcome 😁

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Talkbox Synth by Electrospit is on sale for $4.99 down from $24.99

This require that special device to work as talkbox or there is any way to use it without it?

• @Strizbiz said:

@rs2000 said:

Intrigued. You’re talking about BM3? Did you sign an actual NDA?

• Uea I don’t know anything about that app just saw a significant discount and decided to share

• @TheDubbyLabby said:

@Poppadocrock said:

This require that special device to work as talkbox or there is any way to use it without it?

That wasn’t very clear, but it looked like the description said it was meant to work with their device. It wasn’t my cup of tea so I didn’t look much deeper than that.

For what it’s worth though, Ive seen throat mics used for assistive speech devices and also by the percussion singers in a capella groups. I don’t know if their device is more than that or not.

• edited March 2020

More non iOS stuff but interesting. I’m on the fence myself although it looks quite tempting. Algonaut’s Atlas 50% off.

https://www.algonaut.tech/

• @mrufino1 said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@Poppadocrock said:

That wasn’t very clear, but it looked like the description said it was meant to work with their device. It wasn’t my cup of tea so I didn’t look much deeper than that.

For what it’s worth though, Ive seen throat mics used for assistive speech devices and also by the percussion singers in a capella groups. I don’t know if their device is more than that or not.

I was wondering the same with throat mic... Do you can recomend me one to try? It could be a diy project too...

Thanks guys!

• edited March 2020

@TheDubbyLabby here’s a video where they’re teaching someone how to use the ESX-1 Talkbox hardware using the Talkbox synth app. It describes how it works too. The hardware could be used with any audio source that produces a sawtooth wave or an electric guitar as input to the ESX-1 and the sound comes out of your mouth.

• edited March 2020

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@mrufino1 said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@Poppadocrock said:

I was wondering the same with throat mic... Do you can recomend me one to try? It could be a diy project too...

Thanks guys!

Ah, so that’s interesting, they aren’t mics, they are speakers. You can probably just put headphones on your throat to get a similar effect, but maybe they wouldn’t be as tight.

It does look essentially like what is used when a person has their larynx removed. Creative for sure. I still don’t think it is my thing, but cool idea.

EDIT: ouch!!! It’s $599 for the throat device. Ouch.

• Yonac just announced in a tweet that it’s your last chance to get Magellan 2 at intro price.

• Touch Viz on sale for $4.99 down from $9.99

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/touchviz/id486139371