Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT - Even Apple makes the WWDC now an online event

Comments

• I'm waiting for anti-Apple conspiracy theories suggesting that Apple developed the virus in their secret Cupertino biolab to justify reducing their future annual WWDC costs 😂

• @SevenSystems said:
    I'm waiting for anti-Apple conspiracy theories suggesting that Apple developed the virus in their secret Cupertino biolab to justify reducing their future annual WWDC costs 😂

But then they have created the first virus to affect iOS. Paradoxon?

• And will they sell now online places? :)
    I already asked me why they did such big events past 2000. We live anyway in a www world.
    But that also means no new hardware until June to be announced :(
    I´m waiting for new iPads (and maybe new macbook 14.1" or even real news on ARM macbooks).

• @Clueless said:

@SevenSystems said:
    I'm waiting for anti-Apple conspiracy theories suggesting that Apple developed the virus in their secret Cupertino biolab to justify reducing their future annual WWDC costs 😂

But then they have created the first virus to affect iOS. Paradoxon?

😁 good counter argument.

• edited March 2020

They’ve closed the stores now.

I took delivery of a new 16” MacBook Pro yesterday, thought I’d jump off the fence before they become rarer than hens teeth, and I doubt they’ll be as much development and production over the next six months.

It’s a lovely thing, for any fence sitters, the screen and speakers are particularly impressive.

• @MonzoPro said:

I took delivery of a new 16” MacBook Pro yesterday, thought I’d jump off the fence before they become rarer than hens teeth, and I doubt they’ll be as much development and production over the next six months.

It’s a lovely thing, for any fence sitters, the screen and speakers are particularly impressive.

I´m still undecided where it goes in the future for me. My macbook is in its last tooth and my iPhone has a broken display and i´m in for a new iPad too.
    I guess it will be a new mac for the next 5-7 years or a new iPad for hopefully the next 3-5 years at least.
    My favorite would be maybe indeed the 16" macbook pro but its so freaking expensive and i do not trust if the hardware and software will be good for even the next 3 years. But the same could i say about new iPads.
    Then all the ARM macbook rumors and so i do not know if macOS is even a future thing.
    I still use mostly my mac tools but iOS is close in a lot things and i guess in some years it indeed could replace everything i have now on my mac. And we know it will be all cheaper on top (mostly at least).
    And then the frankenstein iPad OS desktop convergence is something which i don´t want.
    At the end i guess i will buy nothing and hope my Apple devices will give me some more months or even 1-2 years of joy until they break finally.
    I wonder if the 16" speakers now also much better as the already good ones in the 12.9" iPad Pro.
    I also heard the included micros in the 16" are almost studio quality and should be much better than before and also better than the ones in the iPad Pro. Truth?
    I just like to focus on one single device giving me the best experience and options to use without the need of extern devices. Means at best no need of audio interface, adapters, hardware controllers.
    I saw many saying the touch bar is a toy but i saw some amazing workflow speedups and really great tools for it especially for DAW usage. With things like better touch tool or AudioSwift app (and app which transforms your trackpad into a multi-touch MPE midi controller, even soon with "real" velocity similar to the iOS velocity keyboard).
    But i guess iPad only would be the less expensive way for the future and maybe even the more supported and save.
    But i could be wrong. At least i see a lot of my favorite tools are coming to iOS or are already there.
    Maybe i ditch them all and go hardware :)

• @MonzoPro said:

congrats!! just don’t jinx it by allowing the Wormians access via the ...er... whatever the hell port apple have kept on those things. :)

• @RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

congrats!! just don’t jinx it by allowing the Wormians access via the ...er... whatever the hell port apple have kept on those things. :)

I thought it’d been hacked earlier. I was going through client sites, and typed the name of one into the search bar and was presented with a scantily clad young Japanese lady, doing strange things with a banana.

I thought some weird hack had taken over, but after a bit more, detailed investigation, discovered it was using the .com version of my clients domain.

I haven’t told him yet, I might just leave it.

• edited March 2020

@Clueless said:

@MonzoPro said:

I´m still undecided where it goes in the future for me. My macbook is in its last tooth and my iPhone has a broken display and i´m in for a new iPad too.
    I guess it will be a new mac for the next 5-7 years or a new iPad for hopefully the next 3-5 years at least.
    My favorite would be maybe indeed the 16" macbook pro but its so freaking expensive and i do not trust if the hardware and software will be good for even the next 3 years. But the same could i say about new iPads.
    Then all the ARM macbook rumors and so i do not know if macOS is even a future thing.
    I still use mostly my mac tools but iOS is close in a lot things and i guess in some years it indeed could replace everything i have now on my mac. And we know it will be all cheaper on top (mostly at least).
    And then the frankenstein iPad OS desktop convergence is something which i don´t want.
    At the end i guess i will buy nothing and hope my Apple devices will give me some more months or even 1-2 years of joy until they break finally.
    I wonder if the 16" speakers now also much better as the already good ones in the 12.9" iPad Pro.
    I also heard the included micros in the 16" are almost studio quality and should be much better than before and also better than the ones in the iPad Pro. Truth?
    I just like to focus on one single device giving me the best experience and options to use without the need of extern devices. Means at best no need of audio interface, adapters, hardware controllers.
    I saw many saying the touch bar is a toy but i saw some amazing workflow speedups and really great tools for it especially for DAW usage. With things like better touch tool or AudioSwift app (and app which transforms your trackpad into a multi-touch MPE midi controller, even soon with "real" velocity similar to the iOS velocity keyboard).
    But i guess iPad only would be the less expensive way for the future and maybe even the more supported and save.
    But i could be wrong. At least i see a lot of my favorite tools are coming to iOS or are already there.
    Maybe i ditch them all and go hardware :)

I’ve been on the fence for ages, and the plan was for an iMac. But since my work PC was damaged last week by a power cut/surge, I thought I’d jump off and get a laptop instead.

It is pricey (I’ve just got the base model), but my old MBP is still going strong after 8 years, and even if this only lasts 5 years, it works out at less than £50 per month. Plus I can claim the tax back.

I probably won’t use it for music, I’ll keep the old one for that, but the speakers are really good. So good I’ve been listening to music on those while I work, rather than my stereo. The screen is as sharp as you like, and the touchbar is like a little iPad. I was having fun scrolling through tracks earlier.

I was worried about the ARM stuff, but when you consider the disruption this virus will cause, it’s debatable when they’ll turn up. And even then you’d want to wait a bit for the issues to be ironed out. This has the latest security chip, so will be good for a few years yet.

To be honest if I didn’t need this to earn a living I’d have stuck with my old one and probably got a new iPad instead. I’m not complaining though!

• edited March 2020

@MonzoPro I think others have suggested it already, but do yourself a favor and invest an additional $100 in a half-decent UPS. It'll deal with power surges, power drops, and short power outages (yes, your whole office will just keep running for a few minutes) and is the size of a shoebox.

(can't believe ANYONE in 2020 still uses ANY kind of IT equipment without one!)

• edited March 2020

@SevenSystems said:
    @MonzoPro I think others have suggested it already, but do yourself a favor and invest an additional $100 in a half-decent UPS. It'll deal with power surges, power drops, and short power outages (yes, your whole office will just keep running for a few minutes) and is the size of a shoebox.

Yeah I will do, thanks. It has a habit of going off for a couple of seconds - just long enough to knock the PC off, so using the laptop will avoid all that for now. A few days back it was on and off about 30 times in half an hour, so blew our surge protection.

But will definitely get one of those, and probably an iMac later in the year when things hopefully settle down.

• edited March 2020

The speakers in the 16” are much better than previous MBPs or the iPad pros. I was pretty shocked how good they sound when I got mine too.

• @Tarekith said:
    The speakers in the 16” are much better than previous MBPs or the iPad pros. I was pretty shocked how good they sound when I got mine too.

I’m finding myself constantly amused by the stereo sound effect ‘whoosh’, that goes across the speakers when sending mail. So much so I’ve sent myself a couple just to hear it.