Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Why so many deleted forum users?

Looking at threads, even very recent threads, I am always struck by how many deleted users there are here. Why is this, what are the kind of reasons that lead to deletion, I’m very curious! Thanks

Comments

• @Gavinski said:
    Looking at threads, even very recent threads, I am always struck by how many deleted users there are here. Why is this, what are the kind of reasons that lead to deletion, I’m very curious! Thanks

In most cases , it is the result of a member attacking other members and ignoring requests from the mods and other members to be respectful in disagreement.

Occasionally, a member quits for other reasons and asks Michael to delete their account.

• Ah, thanks.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Gavinski said:

In most cases , it is the result of a member attacking other members and ignoring requests from the mods and other members to be respectful in disagreement.

Occasionally, a member quits for other reasons and asks Michael to delete their account.

Isn’t that banned members? I thought deleted users always ask to have their account deleted?

• @Gavinski said:

They could tell you, but then they’d have to delete you.

• They are self-quarantining.

Thank you, I’ll see myself out now.

• @Gavinski said:

When we discuss music apps and music in general, this can be the best place to be. There are however inherent difficulties with online forums. Disagreement can be quite common due mainly to misunderstanding and sometimes the desire for disagreement. Especially on a site such as this where people come from so many different places.

Simple things like the meaning of common words, well the meanings just are not that common - makes comprehension difficult at best. People though are competitive and like to be seen as right in front of their peers - groups form - some are more vocal than others. Some just go from thread to thread looking for what in their eyes are problems - they love to teach, to preach, to spank those that are lesser than them.

If you was to count those that talk often here, you would think that this forum isn’t that big. You can see many of the same names over and over again, especially when drama prevails. Most of the people who visit here, do not comment as often, they do not argue as often, they usually leave the drama threads quicker, as they do not fit the prevailing clique opinion. Some of those people eventually leave as the pleasure of the good conversations are swamped by a seemingly endless Long drama threads with the same righteous voices that continually drown out any differing opinion.

That’s why some people leave and do something better for themselves, we are after all, not here to have a bad time and leaving for some is the sensible option. Personally I just take breaks often, in that way I’ve built up an immunity - an ability to switch off an go do something more important instead - after all, people here are not overly important in my life.

• Agree with all that, @Fruitbat1919 . But about that last sentence...just once in my life I'd like to be overly important!

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Gavinski said:

When we discuss music apps and music in general, this can be the best place to be. There are however inherent difficulties with online forums. Disagreement can be quite common due mainly to misunderstanding and sometimes the desire for disagreement. Especially on a site such as this where people come from so many different places.

Simple things like the meaning of common words, well the meanings just are not that common - makes comprehension difficult at best. People though are competitive and like to be seen as right in front of their peers - groups form - some are more vocal than others. Some just go from thread to thread looking for what in their eyes are problems - they love to teach, to preach, to spank those that are lesser than them.

If you was to count those that talk often here, you would think that this forum isn’t that big. You can see many of the same names over and over again, especially when drama prevails. Most of the people who visit here, do not comment as often, they do not argue as often, they usually leave the drama threads quicker, as they do not fit the prevailing clique opinion. Some of those people eventually leave as the pleasure of the good conversations are swamped by a seemingly endless Long drama threads with the same righteous voices that continually drown out any differing opinion.

That’s why some people leave and do something better for themselves, we are after all, not here to have a bad time and leaving for some is the sensible option. Personally I just take breaks often, in that way I’ve built up an immunity - an ability to switch off an go do something more important instead - after all, people here are not overly important in my life.

Anyone else get the “ why don’t you” tune stuck in their head after reading this ? 😂😂😂

• I’d rather have a nanosecond of love, than an eternity without. I will die. Knowing I have lived.

• @SilverK said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Gavinski said:

Anyone else get the “ why don’t you” tune stuck in their head after reading this ? 😂😂😂

well.. i definitely switched my TV off ! :)

• Because the gave up on Drambo :#

• @Fruitbat1919 I think you’ve described the situation well. I too find monitoring how I’m responding to posts and withdrawing when it’s not contributing to the quality of my life has been helpful. Trying to balance a need for self expression with how it will effect other members can be a challenge at times unless I remember to step back and look at the forum in a larger context rather than what I’m focused on in the moment.

• @gusgranite said:

Isn’t that banned members? I thought deleted users always ask to have their account deleted?

Right you are. I guesss I haven't run into that many posts by deleted users. Recently, I remember one pretty active user leaving and announcing it beforehand and it didn't seem that his reasons were anything more than he was going to focus his energy differently thought it best to have account deleted since he didn't plan on coming back.

And the other recent deletion I remember was picking fights with people and literally calling them idiots even those trying to calm him
    down. He decided everyone here was an idiot and asked Michael to delete his account. He was only here pretty briefly.

I didn't realize there were a lot of other deleted users.

• I suppose maybe the number of deleted users may not have been large but maybe they posted a lot, which is why I have seen ‘deleted user’ comments in so many posts.

• @Gavinski said:
    I suppose maybe the number of deleted users may not have been large but maybe they posted a lot, which is why I have seen ‘deleted user’ comments in so many posts.

There was frequent poster who left a few months ago. He let everyone know he was leaving and left on good terms.

• Also don’t forget that many of those that leave come back as well. I’ve only been here about five years and have known quite a few people leave in that time. Probably about half of them have new profiles that I know of.

It’s just really par for the course in an online forum. It’s mostly better here than a lot of other places imo. The wankers are pretty easy to ignore. Although I do admit that it’s a shame that some of the more creative threads get way less traffic than the political wanker threads.

• I believe a great commenter that decided to leave because he was entangled in some music business legal conflicts issues and was advised by lawyers to stop all public communications: full stop defense. Send lawyers, guns and money. Take to the mattresses.

I personally had had some Internet addictions and shared too much personal information and decided to delete a large body of content at the request of people close to me that saw me getting too much contact from random folks on the internet. I got into conflicts with some internet personalities and I confronted some (I would call) Bullies and they reached out to my employer to complain. Strange times but you learn that these little worlds live in a larger world that has it's own rules, dangers and consequences. Marriages can be damaged. You just never really know what someone might be going through or neglecting while compulsively reading/writing here as a distraction from the demands of life.

But we all have this intense curiosity to find the context for these open questions and deleted/banned users all involve some type of back story and sometimes it's just a mystery better left alone. We should have that respect that we do not deserve to know everything about anybody.

• I don’t know the answers to your questions. My advice is to maintain a low profile. Keep quiet if possible, don’t risk offending anyone. Words, of course, are dangerous, so be careful.

To the powers that be: I’m kidding…

Please, don’t delete me!

• ^ Flagged. ;)

• OMG. I've said too much.

• wimwim
    edited March 2020

The trace back of your IP address is probably almost complete. Shut down your internet router now! Close the drapes, stay away from windows, and above all do not answer the door.

• @wim said:
    The trace back of your IP address is probably almost complete. Shut down your internet router now! Close the drapes, stay away from windows, and above all do not answer the door.

Yes. This does seem to be a very friendly place to share... that's why I tend to live here. Very few trolls and great "facilities management". Lot's of freedom to be yourself... even if you are just a natural jerk. I did not mean to imply anything by that. But in text it's so easy to offend.

• the trap door is hidden inside a regular door

• @McD said:
    But we all have this intense curiosity to find the context for these open questions and deleted/banned users all involve some type of back story and sometimes it's just a mystery better left alone. We should have that respect that we do not deserve to know everything about anybody.

For sure! I'm certainly not looking for salacious backstories here, lol, merely wondering whether people had really so often been offensive enough to get kicked out and then sometimes have all their posts deleted. It is only a music forum remember, so I wouldn't have expected that much controversy haha 😂

• I think the deleted ones have probably asked to be deleted. A few people have been banned, but I think their posts stay, with their user name and avatar noting that they are banned. There have been very few of those.

With the EU “right to be forgotten law” people can ask to have all records purged for themselves.

• @Gavinski said:

Those were users who turned thirty and refused to enter the ‘Carrousel

• @R_2 said:

@Gavinski said:

Vast majority here would already be gone then! :D

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@R_2 said:

@Gavinski said:

Vast majority here would already be gone then! :D

ssssshh! 🤫