Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM difficulties changing sample rate or buffer size

Hi anyone found how to change sample rate and buffer size in AUM?. Whenever I try even when opening in stand-alone mode with no other apps running I just get a warning note to say cannot set sample rate. Any help much appreciated. Really puzzled by this !

Comments

• wimwim
    edited March 2020

There can be a couple of reasons. Some device models are locked at 48K and can’t be changed without using an external interface that is able to.

The other cause is when another app has set the samplerate already. Whatever app grabs the sample rate first wins over others. This can happen in some cases even when it appears no other apps are running due to “ghost” processes being leftover.

Try force quitting all apps, then rebooting your device. Then start AUM before any other apps to see if you can then set the sample rate.

If not, then more details about your device, iOS version, any audio devices, including headphones plugged in will help.

• Thanks I found that changing the sample rate when opening up apeMatrix first worked after several reboots and attempts at opening AUM first to change it didn’t work. My iPad is a iPad Pro 12.9 using Apple headphones. I was having to change the rate having compatibility issues with DigiKeys. I think I’ll be cautious about changing the sample rate now as it was quite a bother changing it back again!

• I just investigated this, and it seems there is an iOS bug: Whenever we change the preferred sample rate to something which is not supported by the hardware (88 or 96k), the audio session gets stuck on the current sample rate and we can't change between 44.1 and 48k anymore.

I'll report it to Apple and also see if I can find some kind of workaround.

• Great that’s good to know thanks a lot

• I've found a workaround (available in the current AUM beta). The iOS bug seems to have been introduced in iOS 12 or 11 (I don't have a device on 11 to test with). In the meanwhile, you can work around it by setting the SR back to the current actual SR, then changing the buffer size, and then setting your preferred SR.

• Great thanks

• Apple is busy creating Emoyies(?) and Animojis(?) and similar useless things.

No time to fix the OS itself!