Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• IAA support got worse!

• Thanks for the warning, I like and use this a lot and will not update now. I can wait for the bugs to get fixed. This is yet one more reason I find the Audiobus forum so helpful. It has saved me a lot of head aches from poor updates such as this.

• I am not seeing any noticable issues here. I've recorded 4 tracks in garage band on an ipad 2. My issue is they have included a sound pack that I bought bought some time ago ( one of the very few). I guess you can't get lucky all the time.

• Hi,

We're working on the IAA problem now, but it's not easy to reproduce i.e. we can't, it happens once or twice during testing, but not consistently. Some questions:

• What device are you using?
    • Free or Pro Upgrade version of Alchemy Mobile?
    • Which IAA host application?
    • Is this a new or existing host project?
    • Did some other app occupy the instrument slot before creating Alchemy Mobile? e.g. it's possible to change IAA apps in Cubasis.
    • If using Cubasis are you attempting to record to an audio track or MIDI track?

Answers best sent to our support [at] camelaudio [dot] com address, but I'll try to monitor this thread for answers.

Peace,
    Andy.

• updated it befroe i saw this but:-
    ipad3, 7.06, 32gb, cubasis, 12 bars no problems (except for usual rice crispies, which disappears on freezing track). Touch wood, all good

• @ZenPunkHippy, are you using users to test Alchemy? If not that may be the answer. There's plenty of users here that would be glad to test, to get this right. Thanks.

• Had one crash with my first launch, but other wise working fine here on iPad air and Auria via IAA.

• We'll be posting a request for new beta testers soon, once this version is out of the way.

There is a minor bug with the new demo track player, so we'll release an update for that and if IAA is still failing we'll try to fix it for the same release - but like I say, our current beta testers have not reported the problem and we can't reproduce.

• edited March 2014

@ZenPunkHippy said:

We'll be posting a request for new beta testers soon, once this version is out of the way.

There is a minor bug with the new demo track player, so we'll release an update for that and if IAA is still failing we'll try to fix it for the same release - but like I say, our current beta testers have not reported the problem and we can't reproduce.

It looks like having two different IAA setups/instances is needed at the moment, to ensure it'll work with most hosts and setups. Something about one instance where the IAA node does not act as a MIDI receiver, and one that does. So people can choose what works best for their setup. Having Alchemy as a MIDI receiver will cut out MIDI from GarageBand, while the other IAA instance might not, but that instance won't work with Auria, only GB and Cubasis. While the MIDI instance would work with both Cubasis and Auria but not GB (and whatever other iDAWs setups you can have). It's a mess for sure to get IAA right for all various iDAWs

• edited March 2014

I think it's time for a real & complete Alchemy like a desktop one....I'm so tired to use an Alchemy Player for iOS even though I bought the pro version :(

What you think...here??

• I was gutted when I read this thread but I have updated and finally Alchemy launches first time :)

No issues so far.....

Also I vote for what @Sinapsya said^

• Awesome, just removing the "Recording" bar display when using Audiobus is worth the download. I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned that yet because that and the missing Audiobus transport icon were major annoyances in the last version.

I'm still waiting for it to remember my choice when I select Background Audio and choose "Never show this again". But that's a smaller thing.

• The IAA transport is moveable within Alchemy also. You can move it wherever you desire.

• edited March 2014

@Sinapsya said:

I think it's time for a real & complete Alchemy like a desktop one....I'm so tired to use an Alchemy Player for iOS even though I bought the pro version :(

What you think...here??

I love this synth so much I bought the desktop VST,it's the only VST synth I've ever bought.
    For me it's only downside is nearly every preset is missing some or all of it's samples,which
    is really annoying and I've tried downloading the samples and presets again without any luck
    so I'll just have to get in touch with Camel support.

Back to the IOS app I'm really glad they got rid of the red bar when using with Audiobus because that rendered the synth useless when used with AB on IPhone.

EDIT: I've now managed to download the samples for the VST again and this time everything is working fine.

• edited March 2014

Tried it today , works fine for me , however I notice it's not showing up as a IAA instrument Auria,

• @djjuniorpops said:

Tried it today , works fine for me , however I notice it's not showing up as a IAA instrument Auria,

Same here...:(

• edited March 2014

After update the app failes to load directly from desktop. There is no loading animation, just the loading screen. After couple of seconds it crashes. Clean Reboot didn't solve it.
    iPad 3 16GB IOS 7.06. It didn't even load as IAA into audioshare. :(

• Got it working in Tabletop now that's a plus

• @Multitouch - please contact support about that - missing files definitely do not happen with a working installation. Most likely problem is missing one of the content files (Factory 1 or 2 most common) or incomplete downloads.

• Auria - is working OK here on iPad 3 / iOS 7.0.6. No one else reported any problems with Auria during beta testing, so it's difficult to know why it's not working.

Is the problem occurring in a new project or an existing project? We did change the name advertised via IAA to "Alchemy" without the "(generator)" part. Not sure if it would make a difference for old projects ...

• For people who want "Alchemy" on iOS - which we do to - when the CPU is capable of generating 1600 unique oscillators in real time, combined with spectral resynthesis, then we can do it. Until then we will have a limited sub-set of capabilities.

• May i ask how close the iPad air is at 1,4 GHz dual core?

• Alchemy is not showing up in Auria with IAA, I am using Air and tried it with new project and old project

• edited March 2014

Alchemy in Auria is like rolling a dice, and has been since Alchemy got IAA.
    Some has it, some dont! :) There is no logical pattern to when and why.

• @Kloon - I don't know but a quick search turns up this thread at TomsHardware with some useful info:

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1858266/apple-desktop-cpu.html

Hardly scientific but gives us a general idea. The Geekbench stats for Intel CPUs were taken from this page (select the 64-bit multi-core tab):

http://browser.primatelabs.com/processor-benchmarks

iPhone 5S A7 = ~2500 (4 cores)
    Fastest Intel i7 = ~23000 (6 cores)

If we divide those results by the number of cores the Intel is roughly 5 times more powerful.

• Auria - I've tested about 15 times today, it failed once but I can't repeat that using the same steps.

• This update is bad. The app stopped working for me. Why? Re-installing is a nightmare. I need to download all this GB of sound packs I bought. Camel audio server fails after downloaded 80% of some packs and I need to start download from the beginning. ahhhhh. reinstall or uninstall? that's the big question.

• I thought iaa was having problems on all app platforms?
    No doubt ios 7.1 will fix it!! Lol
    happy the red bar has gone :-)

• edited March 2014

@ZenPunkHippy said:

Auria - I've tested about 15 times today, it failed once but I can't repeat that using the same steps.

The issue of missing Alchemy in Auria seems to be with the ipad air.....have you tried it with ipad air ?

It is not in the drop down menu to select when looking to load a synth....odd.

• @DaveMagoo it works perfectly with my iPad Air.