Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

WoodLofier or TB Reelbus

I am trying to talk myself into buying one of these. Same price. Reelbus looks to be entirely focused on tape emulation, WoodLofier also has a bit crusher and sequencer. Reelbus looks more professional, WoodLofier brings that je ne sais quoi of delicious Belgian lunacy.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Depends on what you plan to use it for. Are you looking more for a pretty accurate tape emulation? Or are you looking for distorting sound?

• Don't think they're really comparable. I have Reelbus. For what it is (tape emulation, that also supports tape degradation effects) it can't be beat. The only thing it lacks is tape looper, for which I would recommend RE-1.

Not used WoodLofier.

• Reelbus is very very configurable and sounds amazing. Can be crazy fx or just sweeting.

My ultimate pairing/path is audio>REAMP>reelbus>FAC Maxima

So configurable, such nice thick sounds without being too obvious unless you push them that way...

• Lo Fly Tape is another option as it has playable buttons that can be controlled with CCs.

Resampler by BlamSoft is a free alternative.

• I quite like Woodlofier, but as others have said, they are aimed at different needs really. I don’t use half the features of the Wood apps at times, but one day will dig a little deeper :p

As for reelbus, I will be buying that soon as I’ve had so many recommendations!

• Mirroring why others have said here. Haven’t used Wood but it doesn’t seem to fit the same need as ReelBus and vice versa. I do heavily recommend ReelBus and all other TB apps as they really are definitely the best quality effects I’ve experienced.

• Thanks all. Off to save the world economy.

• They're both great and do different jobs. I have videos on both. Woodlofier is more immediate and Reelbus (Which I just posted the video a few hours ago) has more controls on the sound.