Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Video Demo for Flying Haggis by db audioware, an All-In-One guitar amp and FX, AB support

This is another good app that sneaked in. Very nice UI and sits in either the Input or FX slot

Comments

• Looks and sounds pretty good! Thanks, Doug, I think I have another app to buy now! :)

• Very light weight, efficient, and sounds good. Just grabbed it. Thanks for the demo again Doug.

• Sold me also Doug. No regrets. Thanks.

• Yeah I liked it too, I found it very intuative and quite refreshing to have it all on one screen with nothing else to buy. The VST FX are good to, I think we may see some porting in the future. The Mac/Windows version of Flying Haggis is $49. Go and have a look at their site, interesting.
    http://www.db-audioware.com

• The sounds and effects are great, not a lot of money, easy to find everything, and no stupid pop-ups to buy stuff. That's all I'm looking for, I bought it too.

• I've found a bug that with Flying Haggis in the effects slot and another app in the output slot, I don't get the effect from the app and just get the dry sound.

• @syrupcore said:

Yeah, its that simple, only two screens

• Very lightweight, yet it sounds brilliant! Most of the presets are very tastefully done and useful.

Only fly in the ointment...what @Paulinko said, i.e. Guitarism -> Haggis -> Auria records only the dry sound, I assume that goes for other apps too (certainly iFretless Guitar); with only speaker output in the output slot it does work. This is a real shame as currently it does not allow recording from apps.

Hopefully this will get fixed or someone finds a work-around soon....

• Yes, same with Cubasis and AudioShare. Animoog -> Haggis -> Only dry sound is recorded.

• Me too, this needs to be fixed asap as this is what I got it for!

• Doug! Can I get a refund? Just joking mate :-)

• From Dev.

Thanks, we saw this reported in the Audiobus forum and are already working on the fix.

Dave Brown
    db audioware

• Thanks Dave, and Morris, that's great news!

• Just got up, glad he's on this. I'm sure it will be sorted soon.

• Flying Haggis actually records effects in Meteor via AB.

• Good vid (as usual) Doug! Looks good this amp app! Good effects, easy simple user interface, good price, no inapp buying, all in all a great small app. I am tempted to buy it, even though my main focus is now on the Pod hd500x I recently bought.

• I left him a nice review. I wish all the other amps were built this way.

• I spent the evening playing with it, it's a really beautiful sounding amp sim, as good as BIAS to my ears, and way better than everything else on iOS.

Could do with some options for MIDI control though, for footswitches etc.

• edited March 2014
  • This app seems to a lot more subtle than the other guitar amps I have played around with. I only tried them as effects for synths but they all seemed pretty heavy-handed. I couldn't really get anything pleasing from them in the end.

This is very nice though and when it's updated I can see me using it a lot. Clean interface and no nags to buy more. Tiny footprint too compared to the others.

I have to say that I wouldn't have even considered it if it wasn't for Doug's video, so thanks Doug.

• @mgmg4871 said:

Thanks - that's really good to know. MIDI learn would be nice :)

• edited March 2014

Make sure you don't turn the microphone input off like I did when it first loaded. You get no output sound at all. Why would the lack of microphone input affect the total output of the app? Or maybe the guitar input signal is cut off if there's no microphobe input.

(I only watched about half of Doug's video before buying so if he mentioned this, I didn't get that far.)

• @cheesesteak said:

Make sure you don't turn the microphone input off like I did when it first loaded. You get no output sound at all. Why would the lack of microphone input affect the total output of the app? Or maybe the guitar input signal is cut off if there's no microphobe input.

(I only watched about half of Doug's video before buying so if he mentioned this, I didn't get that far.)

Lots of apps do that on IOS7. I've pulled some hair myself before I figured it out.

• I believe your guitar IP is cut off in that case @cheesesteak. I think microphone refers to the built in mic, or the lightning port if there's something plugged in.

• I want to be able to turn off the amp and just use the effects so I could put Haggis in the input and Bias in the effects. When I try now the amped amp sounds brittle.

• Does it take a stereo input signal and pass it through? E.g. if you already have stereo FX in an app in the input slot do they get reduced to mono?

• @TedBPhx said:

I want to be able to turn off the amp and just use the effects so I could put Haggis in the input and Bias in the effects. When I try now the amped amp sounds brittle.

Yes this would be very nice as I like the auto wah.

• I think you can bypass the amp with the little toggle switch centre bottom of the amp, I cant check now but will later, anyone who has it already could try this and post results, thanks.

• Yes that bypasses the amp but also the effects... cant get just the effects to work.