Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Patterning 2 Probability feature is perfect to create that typical IDM unpredictability - Live Jam

edited March 2020 in Creations

Hey guys!
Made a new IDM (Aphex Twin inspired) Live Jam and this time i used Patterning 2, with it’s probability feature, to create random ambient and Percussive elements, along with another free little app which i find awesome!
It is called variant:breaker and it just makes random noise modulations, providing nice visuals too. It has no audiobus, IAA or AU compatibility but it’s great for live performances.

Everything that it’s not randomly generated is played or sequenced live.

You can find full info about the setup in the youtube video description.

Here is the live jam, hope you enjoy!

Comments

• Good stuff!

New Subscriber.

• wimwim
    edited March 2020

Nice!!! Subbed your channel and watched the Expression Pedal one. Both excellent. Thanks!
    I’m looking forward to watching the rest of your vids.

• Excellent! Subscribed!

• edited March 2020

Very nice groove. Loved it! I’ll need to dig out patterning again, I had forgotten it with all these new ones.
    What app is on your phone there in the middle with the nice crackles? 🤔🙂

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Good stuff!

New Subscriber.

Thank you so much, it really means a lot to me!

• @wim said:
    Nice!!! Subbed your channel and watched the Expression Pedal one. Both excellent. Thanks!
    I’m looking forward to watching the rest of your vids.

Thanks mate! Hope you’ll enjoy the other Live Jams too. And more to come!

• @auxmux said:
    Excellent! Subscribed!

Thanks man! Appreciate that

• edited March 2020

@robosardine said:
    Very nice groove. Loved it! I’ll need to dig out patterning again, I had forgotten it with all these new ones.
    What app is on your phone there in the middle with the nice crackles? 🤔🙂

Yes, Patterning definitely deserves some love. One of my favorite apps. The app i used for noise glitches is called variant:breaker. It is free and provides nice visuals too! No audiobus, iaa or au, but it’s so simple and effective. Worth a try!

• This is most excellent

• Excellent, thanks for posting. I really like the idea that everything has happened live.

I did notice one unexpected instrument sitting there unused, so the only improvement I can think of is... harmonica solo please!

• Shoots i love it! Thanks for the tip on variant breaker, I’ll be sampling that into my blackbox for sure!

• @Belibat said:
    Hey guys!
    Made a new IDM (Aphex Twin inspired) Live Jam and this time i used Patterning 2, with it’s probability feature, to create random ambient and Percussive elements, along with another free little app which i find awesome!
    It is called var:breaker and it just makes random noise modulations, providing nice visuals too. It has no audiobus, IAA or AU compatibility but it’s great for live performances.

Everything that it’s not randomly generated is played or sequenced live.

You can find full info about the setup in the youtube video description.

Here is the live jam, hope you enjoy!

So good!

• Very nice!

• @gusgranite said:
    This is most excellent

Thanks dude! Glad you enjoyed

• @SimonSomeone said:
    Excellent, thanks for posting. I really like the idea that everything has happened live.

I did notice one unexpected instrument sitting there unused, so the only improvement I can think of is... harmonica solo please!

Hey man, thank you so much! I’m so glad you noticed it. I put it there as a hint! 😄 one of the next jams will feature harmonica, in an electronic music contest. Don’t know if somebody did it already but the idea is so inspiring! 😉

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    Shoots i love it! Thanks for the tip on variant breaker, I’ll be sampling that into my blackbox for sure!

Thanks mate! Glad you found it useful 👍

• @DatGood said:
    YES AF!

Thanks! 👍

• @espiegel123 said:

So good!

Glad you like it!

• Very cool!

• Love it - great blend of pads, rhythmic elements, scratchy glitchiness and solid bass.

• Is that Thicket on your phone?

• edited March 2020

@audiblevideo said:
    Is that Thicket on your phone?

App is Variant:Breaker

Same Dev though I think.

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/variant-breaker/id1086691199

• You know what, after trying lots of drum machines on ios, Patterning 2 is still the one i return to. Having said that, it’s great we have such a varied range at decent wonga 👍

• yeah, but when's the harmonica part bruv? :trollface:

Ace work. Thanks for sharing.

• @rthr said:
    Very cool!

Thank you so much!

• @craftycurate said:
    Love it - great blend of pads, rhythmic elements, scratchy glitchiness and solid bass.

Thanks man, glad you enjoyed!

• @SpookyZoo said:

@audiblevideo said:
    Is that Thicket on your phone?

App is Variant:Breaker

Same Dev though I think.

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/variant-breaker/id1086691199

Right, variant:breaker

• @Jonah66 said:
    You know what, after trying lots of drum machines on ios, Patterning 2 is still the one i return to. Having said that, it’s great we have such a varied range at decent wonga 👍

I think nothing comes close to Patterning 2 in terms of playability. It’s so easy to come up with nice drum parts, but it’s also deep enough if you like to articulate more your rhythmic tracks. Love it

• @syrupcore said:
    yeah, but when's the harmonica part bruv? :trollface:

Ace work. Thanks for sharing.

Ahah 😄 working on it. Made a new jam with a guitar solo tho. I’m publishing it here in another post, or you can find it on youtube. Hope you enjoy!