Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis IAA Effects Slot Problem

Can't see this in another thread but apologies if it has been covered already.

Trying to insert effects into a track brings up the list of apps available but as you scroll down the list disappears. For instance, if I want to use Turnado or WOW, scrolling down the list it goes blank after the H's. Scrolling up brings the list back but the problem reoccurs once you again scroll down. Hence every app above H is unavailable. Extremely annoying, as apart from this Cubasis has been much more stable since the last update.

Air running 7.0.6 btw

Comments

• Yea I get the same, scrolling the IAA list and it goes black, scrolling back up and the first handful of IAA apps comes back. Nasty bug, wonder how they missed that one. Air, iOS 7.06.

• Thanks @ChrisG, wont waste any more time on it.

• I'm not getting that so maybe one effect is the culprit? I can select WOW ok... But I don't think Turnado would appear would it? No IAA on that yet?

Maybe the H one is the culprit?

• edited March 2014

I get past H. Some graphics issue with Cubasis and the icons perhaps.

What iPad are you using? Since iPad Air is a lemon, the GPU and the software is a mess (might be related, so just curious).

No IAA on Turnado yet.

• @ChrisG, is there a consensus that "iPad Air is a Lemon"? I like mine a lot better than the 3 I was using but it was surely a lemon. Just wondering how worked up to get over this notion?

• Great, now I have to get out my swatter to kill the fruit flies circling my iPad 3.

• edited March 2014

2 year cycle, even numbers, seems to be the Apple way. Any other, and it's a lemon day.

Anyway let's stay on topic. Perhaps our Steinberg rep knows what's up ?

• Sorry if I have caused confusion mentioning Turnado, that was just an example of an app starting with T:-)

Just scrolling down the list makes it go black.

• edited March 2014

Ok.. I'm on ipad mini retina and don't see any black / display issues. Don't have loads of IAA effects at the end of the alphabet.... I'll list them later but there are prob only 7 or so.

I do have to scroll to get to end though and that seems ok... Hmmm.

• This is what is happening

• On my IPad 2 in insert effects I get down to the 19th app and then they disappear if I scroll any further. However, in send effects I get as far as the 21st app before it goes blank. I also have quite a few duplicated entries, but that may be a separate issue...

• @PaulB said:

On my IPad 2 in insert effects I get down to the 19th app and then they disappear if I scroll any further. However, in send effects I get as far as the 21st app before it goes blank. I also have quite a few duplicated entries, but that may be a separate issue...

I know that with the Sugar Bytes apps, they have one intance where the IAA app acts as a MIDI reciever, and the other intance does not. Reason being that (IAA is still a bit of a mess) various hosts uses different configs/setups. So if you use the IAA instance that aacts as a MIDI reciever you will not get any MIDI from GarageBand, but you will get MIDI just fine from Auria or Cubasis. So GarageBand=use the no MIDI instance, Auria/Cubasis=use the regular MIDI instance.

The Sugar Bytes apps have this marked out in the IAA lists, so they´re easy to choose the right one. Other apps just have two identical names/instances or just one IAA config.

Turned out a bit messy, but hopefully made some sense. And hopefully Apple will continue and evolve IAA sooner rather then later so we (and devs) don´t have to deal with double instances, apps stuck in the background, poor communication and so on,

• edited March 2014

@PaulB said:

On my IPad 2 in insert effects I get down to the 19th app and then they disappear if I scroll any further. However, in send effects I get as far as the 21st app before it goes blank. I also have quite a few duplicated entries, but that may be a separate issue...

Exactly the same glitchy behaviour here on ipad air ^^

• Thanks for the update Dave

• Hi this is my first post here, and a read thta ipad air is a "lemon", what does that mean, im thinking in buy a new ipad i have an ipad3. And i use cubasis too. Thanx

• edited March 2014

Hi and welcome @Aphex

Well, the IAA issue with Cubasis has nothing to do with which iPad you have. It occors on both my Air and iPad2.

But to answer your question, no it's not a lemon, more of a ripe delicious Mango.

• How can one have alreeady 20 IAA FX?I was curious and counted 7 myself (but Stereo Designer and iVCS are on my list for tonight).And i was afraid that i'm an appaholic... :)

• @Crabman there is a snapshot of partial listings in my post earlier ^^^^^^^^

• Damn,it was a mistake to look at your list.I saw the"master FX"and something like this could be really handy in the cubasis output :)) Do you have their"Audio Mastering"app as well?

• I do have all of their apps and rate them all very highly. Be even better when Cubasis gets the fix in place.

• so,its working good/flawless in an output insert slot?Does it add (remarkable) extra latency?

• It was, but after last Cubasis update there have been issues. A fix is coming as posted by @DaveMagoo seven posts back

http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=183&t=56403&sid=5a5c0d2dfa4c90565ab948c77423b52c

• yes,i know but as you might remember (from a few posts above) i have just 7 IAA fx so this issue shouldn't affect me ;-) i was asking especially about audio mastering if this is running well in a cubasis insert.So i guess the answer is yes :)

• Yes it works fine, sorry I'm at work and only half concentrating between phones and customers:-)

• Hello all,

Sorry for the late reply, we have seen this and it is actually under investigation.
    We think it happens when you have a lot of effects and a certain amount of scrolling is needed, the graphical interface seems not to be able to deal with the load.

Best regards,
    GN

• Lol. No kidding...

• I think it's clear that I try to advocate for some patience in our app world, but man, they're taking quite a while to fix this nasty bug.

This is really causing a SNAFU... This should be an overnight patch job, everybody to the App Store for a quick repair, kind of fix, I would think...