Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone Selling Beats?

Wondering if anyone else is making and selling beats? Starting to work on making some of my own. I’m finding that it’s a point of pride for me to be able to make good sounding stuff directly on my iPhone.

Wondering if anyone else is doing the same, either on iPhone or iPad. What are your go-to apps? Right now I’m really digging EG Pulse and Shockwave for my drums and bass. Lagrange is working well of some of my stringy leads but I might branch out and explore something else for keys.

I’m considering getting 4Pockets new sidechain tool since it will work in AUM and Cubasis 3 which are my primary apps right now (AUM paired with Xequence 2).

Comments

• Yes. Mainly in nanostudio 2 with a myriad of auv3’s & my kits on www.ipadbeatmaking.com it’s been a while since I’ve actually posted any new ones but Beatstars has the best store and marketplace

• @ipadbeatmaking said:
    Yes. Mainly in nanostudio 2 with a myriad of auv3’s & my kits on www.ipadbeatmaking.com it’s been a while since I’ve actually posted any new ones but Beatstars has the best store and marketplace

I’ve been considering trying NS2, but the lack of audio tracks makes me question whether it’s sustainable for when I want to start adding samples.

• @YourJunk Here’s an example of me doing some light sampling in it...

• I use BM3 for my daw and for instruments I use Pure Synth Platinum, Poison 202, Synth Master Player and Synth Master One, Beathawk, and a few others. I get all my drums from various sample packs that I have compiled.

• the side chain in fac alteza reverb is one of the best i’ve hard believe it or not

• I'm out there on a few platforms, probably close to 75% or more of my music has involved iOS in some way since about 2010.

In general I use Nanostudio 2 more than any other apps in the last year. I keep the OG Nanostudio on an old iPhone 5C because it's still a beast (old devices are great as portable grooveboxes).
    BeatMaker 3 is ok if you're working with mostly samples, but it's not very stable in my experience (on 2017 iPad Pro and iPad Mini 5, iOS 11 through current). Koala is actually a lot more fun and quick to get me where I want to be by comparison, even if it has a fraction of the features.
    Samplr is my go-to for getting weird with samples though, especially longer atmospheric samples and ambient sounds.

NS2 has my favorite sample-based drum machine and sampling synth built in, but I also love the Gospel Musicians apps like NeoSoulKeys Studio 1 & 2, PureSynth Platinum, and Bassalicious 2. The GM apps also have very useful internal effects, so a preset made with those can be more useful sometimes than adding an fx bus in a host.
    KQ Dixie is a solid FM synth - it can even load old Yamaha DX7 presets, perfect for adding some 80s and 90s synth vibes.

Grooverider GR-16 is a very solid app too. It's basically like a badass groovebox from the early 2000s.

As for effects I'm a big fan of the Tone Boosters and FAC offerings so far, especially TB ReelBus and FAC Bandit.
    4 Pockets Time Machine is another personal favorite.

It sounds like you have a different workflow than mine though, I rarely use AUM as anything besides a field recorder or occasionally as a mixer to feed an app into Group The Loop (by the way, GTL is an amazing song building tool if you like making loops). I also rarely sequence, prefer to record live performance with no quantize and only touch up trouble notes in the NS2 piano roll editor. Sometimes it feels more liberating to turn the grid view off and ignore the time signature - allows for some random ideas that wouldn't come out otherwise but retains the note editing convenience of MIDI.

Sorry for rambling on, hope this is somewhat useful.