Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Polyphony control in SampleVerse? ZenBeats

Anybody know how to control polyphony I’m sampleverse inside of ZenBeats? I’d like to change polyphony to 1...thanks

Comments

  • @ipadbeatmaking said:
    Anybody know how to control polyphony I’m sampleverse inside of ZenBeats? I’d like to change polyphony to 1...thanks

    Edit > Master > Portamento: ON

  • @wim said:

    @ipadbeatmaking said:
    Anybody know how to control polyphony I’m sampleverse inside of ZenBeats? I’d like to change polyphony to 1...thanks

    Edit > Master > Portamento: ON

    Thanks. If I save the sound will it remember that setting for it?

  • Yes.

  • @wim said:
    Yes.

    Thank u 🙏 There isn’t much literature available online about it. You just opened up a new world of possibilities for me.

  • Cool beans. Zenbeats is really great IMO. I never got on with SampleVerse that well at first, but trying things out just now made me want to get back into it.

  • @wim said:
    Cool beans. Zenbeats is really great IMO. I never got on with SampleVerse that well at first, but trying things out just now made me want to get back into it.

    Agreed! Do u know how have sampleverse be able to use multiple samples of the same sound/patch? For instance piano c1, piano c2, piano C3, etc etc and it all be one patch/present in SampleVerse?

  • wimwim
    edited March 6

    @ipadbeatmaking said:

    @wim said:
    Cool beans. Zenbeats is really great IMO. I never got on with SampleVerse that well at first, but trying things out just now made me want to get back into it.

    Agreed! Do u know how have sampleverse be able to use multiple samples of the same sound/patch? For instance piano c1, piano c2, piano C3, etc etc and it all be one patch/present in SampleVerse?

    Ha ha! Not a clue! Been poking around for 45 minutes now trying to figure it out.

    Only recommendation right now is to create an SFZ with SynthJacker and import that. But I'd really like to understand how to do this manually. I doubt the only way to do it is the only way I've found so far, which is to add one sample bank for each sample.

    There used to be some good videos for Sampleverse when Stagelight was alive, but they're no longer available.
    @MatthewAtZenbeats any pointers?

  • @wim yikes. It could all be so simple. Hopefully @MatthewAtZenbeats has a simple solution. I imagined that autokey assigning based on file name like NS2s obsidian would’ve been possible

  • wimwim
    edited March 7

    @ipadbeatmaking said:
    @wim yikes. It could all be so simple. Hopefully @MatthewAtZenbeats has a simple solution. I imagined that autokey assigning based on file name like NS2s obsidian would’ve been possible

    It does seem to assign the note number based on file name, but I can’t work out how to import more than one sample per sample bank if you can - other than SFZ import.

  • @wim said:
    There used to be some good videos for Sampleverse when Stagelight was alive, but they're no longer available.
    @MatthewAtZenbeats any pointers?

    So as it stands, there is no official how-to video content for Zenbeats? Other than the 30 sec infomercials..
    The Stagelight 0 to 100 series vids were great to get up and running.. and they were well done + detailed.. shame they're history..

  • @royor said:

    @wim said:
    There used to be some good videos for Sampleverse when Stagelight was alive, but they're no longer available.
    @MatthewAtZenbeats any pointers?

    So as it stands, there is no official how-to video content for Zenbeats? Other than the 30 sec infomercials..
    The Stagelight 0 to 100 series vids were great to get up and running.. and they were well done + detailed.. shame they're history..

    I understand the need for this because of the rebrand but damn...they didn’t have to scrub every resource before replacing them with new ones

  • @ipadbeatmaking said:

    @wim said:
    Cool beans. Zenbeats is really great IMO. I never got on with SampleVerse that well at first, but trying things out just now made me want to get back into it.

    Agreed! Do u know how have sampleverse be able to use multiple samples of the same sound/patch? For instance piano c1, piano c2, piano C3, etc etc and it all be one patch/present in SampleVerse?

    When you save a preset in sampleverse, it will save all modules in the racks including ARP, LFO, OSC and Samplebanks. To save, just press the preset menu button and select save as.

    As for videos... stay tuned.

  • @MatthewAtZenbeats said:

    @ipadbeatmaking said:

    @wim said:
    Cool beans. Zenbeats is really great IMO. I never got on with SampleVerse that well at first, but trying things out just now made me want to get back into it.

    Agreed! Do u know how have sampleverse be able to use multiple samples of the same sound/patch? For instance piano c1, piano c2, piano C3, etc etc and it all be one patch/present in SampleVerse?

    When you save a preset in sampleverse, it will save all modules in the racks including ARP, LFO, OSC and Samplebanks. To save, just press the preset menu button and select save as.

    As for videos... stay tuned.

    How do we load multiple samples into one SampleBank?

  • @ipadbeatmaking said:

    @MatthewAtZenbeats said:

    @ipadbeatmaking said:

    @wim said:
    Cool beans. Zenbeats is really great IMO. I never got on with SampleVerse that well at first, but trying things out just now made me want to get back into it.

    Agreed! Do u know how have sampleverse be able to use multiple samples of the same sound/patch? For instance piano c1, piano c2, piano C3, etc etc and it all be one patch/present in SampleVerse?

    When you save a preset in sampleverse, it will save all modules in the racks including ARP, LFO, OSC and Samplebanks. To save, just press the preset menu button and select save as.

    As for videos... stay tuned.

    How do we load multiple samples into one SampleBank?

    Currently there is not a way, but it is on our list items to do in the future.

  • edited March 9

    @MatthewAtZenbeats said:

    @ipadbeatmaking said:

    @MatthewAtZenbeats said:

    @ipadbeatmaking said:

    @wim said:
    Cool beans. Zenbeats is really great IMO. I never got on with SampleVerse that well at first, but trying things out just now made me want to get back into it.

    Agreed! Do u know how have sampleverse be able to use multiple samples of the same sound/patch? For instance piano c1, piano c2, piano C3, etc etc and it all be one patch/present in SampleVerse?

    When you save a preset in sampleverse, it will save all modules in the racks including ARP, LFO, OSC and Samplebanks. To save, just press the preset menu button and select save as.

    As for videos... stay tuned.

    How do we load multiple samples into one SampleBank?

    Currently there is not a way, but it is on our list items to do in the future.

    So what’s your suggested workflow for dealing with multiple (of the same) piano samples? (C1-C2-C3) etc? And is it possible to do multiple piano sample velocities?

  • edited March 9

    @MatthewAtZenbeats said:

    @ipadbeatmaking said:

    @MatthewAtZenbeats said:

    @ipadbeatmaking said:

    @wim said:
    Cool beans. Zenbeats is really great IMO. I never got on with SampleVerse that well at first, but trying things out just now made me want to get back into it.

    Agreed! Do u know how have sampleverse be able to use multiple samples of the same sound/patch? For instance piano c1, piano c2, piano C3, etc etc and it all be one patch/present in SampleVerse?

    When you save a preset in sampleverse, it will save all modules in the racks including ARP, LFO, OSC and Samplebanks. To save, just press the preset menu button and select save as.

    As for videos... stay tuned.

    How do we load multiple samples into one SampleBank?

    Currently there is not a way, but it is on our list items to do in the future.

    So what’s your suggested workflow for dealing with multiple (of the same) piano samples? (C1-C2-C3) etc? And is it possible to do multiple piano sample velocities?

  • Seems to me like the only option right now is to add one sample bank for each sample. That would mean a lot of banks. I don't think you'd practically be able to manage multiple sample velocities that way, but there is a velocity setting in the bank, so in theory you could do it.

    The only way out that I can see is to make an SFZ and import that. If you have a moderate amount of technical ability, manually creating an SFZ file isn't terribly difficult. It's just a specially formatted text file that lists the samples and their location, plus velocity and note mapping. There are many, many other options possible in an SFZ file, but those two are the only ones needed.

  • @wim said:
    Seems to me like the only option right now is to add one sample bank for each sample. That would mean a lot of banks. I don't think you'd practically be able to manage multiple sample velocities that way, but there is a velocity setting in the bank, so in theory you could do it.

    The only way out that I can see is to make an SFZ and import that. If you have a moderate amount of technical ability, manually creating an SFZ file isn't terribly difficult. It's just a specially formatted text file that lists the samples and their location, plus velocity and note mapping. There are many, many other options possible in an SFZ file, but those two are the only ones needed.

    What app for Mac do you recommend for creating them?

  • @ipadbeatmaking said:

    @wim said:
    Seems to me like the only option right now is to add one sample bank for each sample. That would mean a lot of banks. I don't think you'd practically be able to manage multiple sample velocities that way, but there is a velocity setting in the bank, so in theory you could do it.

    The only way out that I can see is to make an SFZ and import that. If you have a moderate amount of technical ability, manually creating an SFZ file isn't terribly difficult. It's just a specially formatted text file that lists the samples and their location, plus velocity and note mapping. There are many, many other options possible in an SFZ file, but those two are the only ones needed.

    What app for Mac do you recommend for creating them?

    Sorry, I'm not a Mac guy. It's just a text file, so any text editor will do for rolling your own. If you want to build it graphically rather than rolling your own, then maybe someone else can offer recommendations.

  • edited March 9

    Disclaimer: I have not tried it but this is available for multiple OSs (not iOS)
    edit: free too I think this might only create sf2 sorry about that. Plogue’s free Sforzando will covert sf2 to sfz but some didn’t work right after converting.

    https://www.polyphone-soundfonts.com/

Sign In or Register to comment.