Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

need a new audio interface...

2»

Comments

• I don't know if the 64 sample buffer refers to both input and output or if you have to double it to cover both, but as mentioned either 3 or 6 ms are very convenient latency figures.
    (no need to engage the hardware cue thing of 1.5 ms iirc)
    Monitoring is a personal and highly subjective issue, but one can learn and get used to any reasonable settings)

The Cubase message results from negotiation of the app with the interface (imho).
    When switching apps I often noticed a few clicks with the ID22, indicating the sync process.

I'd suggest a much higher setting (at least 256) for the mixing DAW because you only need low latency when recording live with monitoring, but for mixdown the DAW automatically syncs tracks and you have the exact same result even with a buffer of 1024.
    Higher buffersize results in much (!) less CPU load, which is a better with demanding fx chains or midi synths.

• Hi Brynte5

Don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet but I get good results with my Tascam US-4x4.

There's is a smaller 2x2 available but both offer 24-bit/96kHz; XLR/line inputs and latency free
    monitoring. Can't verify this myself but when I bought this I did a ton of research and the Tascams
    were reported to have one of the lowest SNRs in this price bracket. Use mine with a PC myself
    but you can use the iOS camera connection kit on this device.

I wrote a blog post myself on audio interfaces. Might help someone make an educated choice: https://makingmusicpro.com/audio-interface

• The new MOTU M series are by far your best option imo.