Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Has your iphone been throttled?

This is a bit interesting: https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2020/mar/02/apple-iphone-slow-throttling-lawsuit-settlement

Some very er "adventurous" business practices out on the frontier still.

Comments

• Yes, my daughter’s did and i thought they had settled that already. What gives?

• wimwim
    edited March 2020

The behavior was mitigated many months ago. Apple stopped doing that after the outcry way back when it became public.

The article is about the related lawsuit being settled. That’s all.

• It’s weird but my daughter’s iphone SE said it had throttled cpu due to battery or something like that. It was a notification on the main screen amd she’s on iOS 13.

• @Tones4Christ said:
    It’s weird but my daughter’s iphone SE said it had throttled cpu due to battery or something like that. It was a notification on the main screen amd she’s on iOS 13.

Maybe I didn’t research well enough. Possibly it’s that they used to do it secretly. I dunno ... not curious enough to find out.

Anyway, the article is just about the monetary settlement, not anything new, and not anything related to the behavior of devices.

• @wim said:
    Not really good enough to stop "the behaviour" when it became public knowledge Wim. Just the idea of it should have rung alarm bells in an ethical organisation.

Might be olde newes for you well-connected folks but down here in the Antipodes we have heard nothing of this throttling caper in the press or media ... we just bought new batteries - fleeced like sheep.

• Pretty easy to change an iphone battery if you do get a warning about speed throttling due to battery life.

• The throttling is good. My friend has an old iPhone 6 with a tired battery. The throttling was on. I disabled it, and shortly after, the phone shut itself down when the battery couldn’t supply enough power.

The idea that Apple is doing this to sell more iPhones is weak-minded conspiracy theory. If anything, it keeps those old phones running longer. And why bother to support older handsets with OS updates if the goal is forcing a new purchase?

• Yeah what @mistercharlie said.

There lots of things you can legitimately criticize Apple for (their policy on 3rd party repairs being an obvious one), but this is simply an engineering thing. At some point in it's lifecycle a battery can no longer supply enough power to run at full power reliably.