Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Stand Alone Tracker/Sampler from PolyEnd. WOW!!!

Comments

• This is your list.

"BM3 is end to end based on the capability of the hardware that it is running on, it is vastly superior to MPC One in every department, except of course second hand value, of which it has non.
    Bigger screen, Higher resolution, more connectivity via expansion (more audio ins and outs, more MIDI ins and outs) unlimited hard disk recording, higher polyphony, higher multi timbrality, support for 3rd party synths and effects, it simply can not compare 1:1 on feature to feature basis for anybody who doesn't want the specific MPC workflow, and then for anybody to say that any particular workflow is better than any other is just being silly, there are thousands of BM3 users who will tell you that the workflow of BM3 is better, so it is a nonsense argument all round.
    But please continue on with the smoke this smoke that, but I am unable to make an actual comparison mind set."

There are many features that the mpc has that bm3 does not and since you know what they are that's good enough for me.

I think I'm in agreement with you.

it simply can not compare 1:1 on feature to feature basis for anybody who doesn't want the specific MPC workflow, and then for anybody to say that any particular workflow is better than any other is just being silly

as someone who wants that specific workflow not you but me, it's waaaaay better than bm3 don't you think, I mean hostilities and silliness aside it's just a far greater workflow when it comes down to it am I right or am I right :)

• That RMR video just reinforces my opinion that Polyend really captured the essense of using FastTracker II in a hardware box.

Except that 90 seconds of sample time is perhaps a bit generous compared to what we could use back in the day, but otherwise this thing looks the business.

• they really knocked the design out of the park too, it's hard to look at something like this and then at something like the akai Force, don't know what they were thinking with that design.

• I’m getting more and more convinced that I NEED one of these, I felt the same way about my OP1, I just could not get rid of the jonesing until I’d bought one.

• @CRAKROX said:
    I’m getting more and more convinced that I NEED one of these, I felt the same way about my OP1, I just could not get rid of the jonesing until I’d bought one.

you and me both... some things that are helping me resist are that it only has 2 fx lanes and one of them gets used if you use panning :s

• anybody here order one of these things?

• Nope. It looks great. Just saw the SonicState interview...but for now, sticking with MPC One and my Drambo :)

• Not yet but I’ve got the cash ready for when they drop, I’ll wait for some in-depth reviews first though.

• I’m considering it for sure. I wanna make more IDM style drums without just throwing some effectrix and turnado on em. The size is perfect, so thin and sleek. I really want another OP1 after I sold my first but this might get snagged first.

• I'm waiting to see more, the sonic state clip was probably the best one yet but things like resampling while in performance mode or recording the performance mode into the sequencer seem like they are not there yet... it's kind of hard to look at it for 600 and then look at everything the MPC One is capable of... I know I know but it's a tracker

• Since it’s tracker based, does anyone know if everything will strictly be quantized or will I be able to get funky with it?

• polyend said it's got micro timing

• edited May 2020

@kobamoto You’re feeling this one! 🤓

TBH, I suspect your reservations about things like fx lane count will turn out to be a boon not a hurdle. (Eg panning is probably better done with something like instrument parameters (which can also be modulated). So long as a note is on, you can also modify it with fx slots on following steps.) To me the selling point of this thing is the clarity, speed and ergonomics it brings to sequencing. (Keeping tabs on 8 tracks of 128 steps is orders of magnitude easier than on step sequencers, input + manipulation is crazy fast and ergonomic, etc.)

Pretty sure keeping the fx lanes to 2 is a smart way to consolidate the sequencing strengths, and get max mileage out of the perks of the sequencer (including copy/paste/auto fill tricks.)

The biggest sticking points IMO (compared esp to digitakt and mpc one) are the unabashedly ‘retro’ sound engine and the connectivity (yum overbridge!)

• @kobamoto said:

Knobs’ videos are the ultimate happy gear place!

• yeah to see him on a tracker was fun

• edited May 2020

got an P tracker on the way but I'm seriously considering an MPC One instead, not seeing enough focus on the sampling aspect and much of the mangling cannot be recorded into the sequencer or resampled on the tracker... that's disturbing.

• I agree about wanting ways to resample the mangling, or at least record what comes out of performance mode without an external device. As for not enough sampling, idk.. Isn’t it more that the sampling is not very modern?

Haven’t played around with the desktop mpc software, but integration with it seems like the ultimate cherry on top of the mpc one cake if it rocks your boat. It’s a sweet package!

• edited May 2020

that's what I mean, over on polyends ig i read where they said the performance mode mangling can't even be resampled or recorded into the sequencer... I think if they don't change that I'm gonna cancel. I know it's a tracker and all but sometimes you just gotta take a stand for somethin haha

• I’ve been trying to settle with a desktop daw workflow and keep my standalone hardware adventures limited to the model cycles. But even from here I feel ya!

The touch screen on mpc one still strikes me as counter to what I want from dedicated hardware. But it’s a really impressive package.

About polyend in your case, I could see the decision coming down to how much you want that sequencing workflow. If that’s what you dig about it, i could see it being the perfect addition to your model cycles + samples setup. (It’s a really powerful external sequencer too.) The retro sampling make it a sweet sketch pad. The unknown that might make this a stronger competitor than it looks at first is how they implement exporting to desktop tracker (renoise) for tasks that require extra tools. But that won’t be everyone’s cup of tea..

If what you crave is really a cutting edge standalone sampler, not so much the monster sequencer + retro sampler combo, then canceling makes sense.

• I am so confused, ha. I like trackers like Sid and amiga but is this like that but sample based. Oh, well no matter it is filed away in the dream gear category. I wish they would just make a mini Sid tracker too for like cheap. Cheers

• gonna be a close call and Polyend generally keep things close to the vest the closer they get to release ...

• @oceansinspace said:
    I am so confused, ha. I like trackers like Sid and amiga but is this like that but sample based. Oh, well no matter it is filed away in the dream gear category. I wish they would just make a mini Sid tracker too for like cheap. Cheers

has a few bells, what looks like could be a nifty little grain of a granular synth etc.. I know one thing though I'm not buying this thing to fudge around with the Amen break so I hope they come with the goods

• edited May 2020

hmmm, would you rather have this or a deluge/MPC One/ ?

• @oceansinspace said:
    I am so confused, ha. I like trackers like Sid and amiga but is this like that but sample based. Oh, well no matter it is filed away in the dream gear category. I wish they would just make a mini Sid tracker too for like cheap. Cheers

You certainly are confused, the Amiga WAS sample based, only the C64 had the SID synthesizer chip on board, Amiga was 100% sample based.