Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Stand Alone Tracker/Sampler from PolyEnd. WOW!!!

Comments

• I started out making music on an Amiga with Octamed. I haven’t thought much about it in years, but I do remember it was both really easy to pick up, and quite deep.

This has me quite interested, especially the fact that you can live-record into it.

• These trackers are making me commit to SunVox. The AU takes it to the next level. Just need Midi out.

• why can't we have something like this on iOS, yeah I know what we've got available right now but I'm talking about something with this kind of workflow in addition to those wonderful features

• hmm so does the poly tracker have even less sample time than the model samples, that would be a shame?

• edited March 2020

90 seconds total of sample time per project for polytracker, how much does model samples have?

Also, 16bit only and each track is monophonic but with only 8 tracks that's a limitation.

It's why I'm taking SunVox seriously. It has so many features, so I'm less intimated now, heh.

• I love the Polyend tracker hardware and a bit of the workflow but I can’t commit to it. I’ll stick to my MPC ONe preorder... whenever that will arrive. Freaking pandemic...

• @alecsbuga said:
    I love the Polyend tracker hardware and a bit of the workflow but I can’t commit to it. I’ll stick to my MPC ONe preorder... whenever that will arrive. Freaking pandemic...

I watched loopop's MPC One video after the Poly Tracker one and I could not get over how much more I could do in Beatmaker 3 and faster. The workflow of PolyTracker is simpler but looks more fun for some reason.

• @auxmux said:

@alecsbuga said:
    I love the Polyend tracker hardware and a bit of the workflow but I can’t commit to it. I’ll stick to my MPC ONe preorder... whenever that will arrive. Freaking pandemic...

I watched loopop's MPC One video after the Poly Tracker one and I could not get over how much more I could do in Beatmaker 3 and faster. The workflow of PolyTracker is simpler but looks more fun for some reason.

More features is almost never the selling point of hardware (vs software). But it’s telling that BM3 might compare favorably to MPC One in terms of workflow—good use of the touch screen can get some of the workflow and UX benefits of hands on hardware. In a way, that might be part of the wisdom of PTracker’s simplicity: it seems to get more mileage out of the benefits of hardware by only playing to its own strengths, and making the decision points where users should use it as an external sequencer crystal clear.

• @auxmux said:

@alecsbuga said:

loopop is one of my favorite reviewers but to be fair he's not an mpc user, he's a maschine user, he was just reviewing the machine.

• @ohwell said:

@auxmux said:

@alecsbuga said:

More features is almost never the selling point of hardware (vs software). But it’s telling that BM3 might compare favorably to MPC One in terms of workflow—good use of the touch screen can get some of the workflow and UX benefits of hands on hardware. In a way, that might be part of the wisdom of PTracker’s simplicity: it seems to get more mileage out of the benefits of hardware by only playing to its own strengths, and making the decision points where users should use it as an external sequencer crystal clear.

what is it that BM3 can do that the One can't, it's been minute since I messed with BM3 maybe there are additions I'm not aware of, from my last impression the One would smoke bm3 in both features and workflow, especially workflow

• @alecsbuga said:

if you've got an mpc one on the way there is no way that the poly tracker is going to cover that but they are so different. The fun to be had running the poly tracker into the mpc just can't be discounted... I wish the poly tracker was $299, because the cycles is 299 and has made that my fav number for this year lol but I think polyends asking price is fair.... the other two hardware trackers coming out don't look as much fun as the poly tracker by far and if polyend just give it a couple of more updates I think they could knock it out the park with this one

• edited March 2020

@kobamoto said:
    why can't we have something like this on iOS, yeah I know what we've got available right now but I'm talking about something with this kind of workflow in addition to those wonderful features

1 There are very few developers talented enough to make something like this on IOS.
    2 Developers who are talented enough to make something like this simply wont, why would they when 99% of customers will only pay $2.99.

@kobamoto said:

@ohwell said:

@auxmux said:

@alecsbuga said:

what is it that BM3 can do that the One can't, it's been minute since I messed with BM3 maybe there are additions I'm not aware of, from my last impression the One would smoke bm3 in both features and workflow, especially workflow

BM3 is end to end based on the capability of the hardware that it is running on, it is vastly superior to MPC One in every department, except of course second hand value, of which it has non.
    Bigger screen, Higher resolution, more connectivity via expansion (more audio ins and outs, more MIDI ins and outs) unlimited hard disk recording, higher polyphony, higher multi timbrality, support for 3rd party synths and effects, it simply can not compare 1:1 on feature to feature basis for anybody who doesn't want the specific MPC workflow, and then for anybody to say that any particular workflow is better than any other is just being silly, there are thousands of BM3 users who will tell you that the workflow of BM3 is better, so it is a nonsense argument all round.
    But please continue on with the smoke this smoke that, but I am unable to make an actual comparison mind set.

• edited March 2020

:smile: your feelings are well documented Tablist, you're not calling those thousands of bm3 users silly though are you lol ?, but I don't mind being a little silly and the subjectiveness of all of this is already a given within the context of the discussion no disclaimers needed I'd think.

about bm3's power being only limited by the machine that's running it is fair, but not what I was talking about, the only feature I've seen in bm3 that is better is the 3rd party plugs, and it's time stretching might be better than the mpc stretching in 'standalone mode' but possibly not as good as the mpcs stand alone mode 'offline' stretching, and I seriously doubt it's as good as the mpc software stretching?

so while we are comparing bm3 limitless-ness it sounds like you are leaving the mpc software out of the comparison which I think should be included if you're going to include any and every other machine that bm3 can run on, and if you include the mpc software in the comparison how does bm3 stack up in that case, especially being that the mpc software can run quite allot more 3rd party plugs than bm3?

• edited March 2020

the feature I'm liking best out of the poly tracker right now from the looks of it is the 'resampling' and export features, and the way you can easily section off a part you want to work on.... running the tracker out into some pedals and back in + resampling should turn the simplicity of the tracker into a great feature, making it fast to mangle, remangle, and mangle again

what if you paired the poly tracker with something like the drolo fx stretch weaver pedal..........! the alchemy would never end

• anybody know if everything on the performance page of the poly tracker can be recorded into the sequencer or if it's strictly performance only?

• @kobamoto said:
    anybody know if everything on the performance page of the poly tracker can be recorded into the sequencer or if it's strictly performance only?

Nope

• @alecsbuga said:

@kobamoto said:
    anybody know if everything on the performance page of the poly tracker can be recorded into the sequencer or if it's strictly performance only?

Nope

man, in addition to the paltry sample time that's a serious bummer, hopefully this is something they can address in an update without too much trouble but you never know what's going on in the heads of polyend...

seen some rumors about possible update of sample time over on the elektron forum for the poly tracker but who knows

• @kobamoto said:

@alecsbuga said:

@kobamoto said:

Nope

man, in addition to the paltry sample time that's a serious bummer, hopefully this is something they can address in an update without too much trouble but you never know what's going on in the heads of polyend...

seen some rumors about possible update of sample time over on the elektron forum for the poly tracker but who knows

Honestly I won’t mind the sample time that much, but I do mind the fact that in order to make chords you need to sacrifice tracks, and then resample. Well I guess you could have a pattern with a chord progression and use that for various instruments and bounce the loops and use them in another pattern. But honestly it’s a bit of a creativity killer.

The CPU feels underpowered after seeing how long it takes to process a freaking normalize on a MONO sample. So I won’t hold my breath.

• M8 Tracker

• poly end stated they'll add to the sampling features basically they're going to put In a chop shop so that you can slice up samples apply them to the pads and do your mpc thang with them

• ok lets go

• Tedious! I'd rather manually cut and paste in Sound Forge or abuse an old BOSS drum machine. :) As a secondary sequencer? Okay send me one.

• @Sequencer1 said:
    Tedious! I'd rather manually cut and paste in Sound Forge or abuse an old BOSS drum machine. :) As a secondary sequencer? Okay send me one.

yeah it's not looking as fun right now as hoped... I know trackers but I was and still am under the impression that polyend is going to add more to it to up the fun factor, I know for a fact that they will add more sample editing features because they've said so but still... for this to just directly come off as something that is more fun to use than a digitakt, or at least as fun to use as a digitakt they might have a ways to go

• at $629 for the polyend tracker, vs getting both a model samples and model cycles for that price, or the Roland mc-101 for like around $450 or a digitakt for $600 and less... I just dunno right now. mono only , and 90 secs of sample time... in its current state maybe if it was 499 I'd feel a little better.
    I think they have the perfect opportunity here to do something that no one has done before for beat machines... at least not since the sp-808/emix studios.... they could send the value of the poly tracker through the roof by allowing people to run different firmwares all on the same hardware for example... you could have the polyend tracker, you could have a firmware that emulates the monome in hardware which might be even more popular, and you could have an ableton styled firmware.. charge a slightly diff price for all 3 and maybe if possible charge a bundle price for having all 3 installed simultaneously that you could switch between if there is room on the processor for that.
    they could do it like the Roland synth plug out systems

• The MC-101 looks pretty impressive, with probabilty, individual step lengths, scaling per track, sequencer play direction (ping pong, random, etc), streaming 4 stereo tracks over USB. It looks like the only major thing omitted (from the MC-707) is sampling, and the deep synth editing, though editing 4 partials on the MC-707's small screen wouldn't be fun. I had the MC-909 (huge screen and dedicated copntrols) and still found it to be tedious.

@kobamoto said:
    I think they have the perfect opportunity here to do something that no one has done before for beat machines... at least not since the sp-808/emix studios.... they could send the value of the poly tracker through the roof by allowing people to run different firmwares all on the same hardware for example... you could have the polyend tracker, you could have a firmware that emulates the monome in hardware which might be even more popular, and you could have an ableton styled firmware.. charge a slightly diff price for all 3 and maybe if possible charge a bundle price for having all 3 installed simultaneously that you could switch between if there is room on the processor for that.
    they could do it like the Roland synth plug out systems

Reminds me of the Roland VariOS, or what 1010 Music did with their Version 1 Eurorack modules. That would be amazing.

• @kobamoto said:
    :smile: your feelings are well documented Tablist, you're not calling those thousands of bm3 users silly though are you lol ?, but I don't mind being a little silly and the subjectiveness of all of this is already a given within the context of the discussion no disclaimers needed I'd think.

about bm3's power being only limited by the machine that's running it is fair, but not what I was talking about, the only feature I've seen in bm3 that is better is the 3rd party plugs, and it's time stretching might be better than the mpc stretching in 'standalone mode' but possibly not as good as the mpcs stand alone mode 'offline' stretching, and I seriously doubt it's as good as the mpc software stretching?

so while we are comparing bm3 limitless-ness it sounds like you are leaving the mpc software out of the comparison which I think should be included if you're going to include any and every other machine that bm3 can run on, and if you include the mpc software in the comparison how does bm3 stack up in that case, especially being that the mpc software can run quite allot more 3rd party plugs than bm3?

BM3 users silly, yes if they say its workflow is better than xyz, it just works for them.
    BM3 vs MPC timestretch, both Elastique, MPC just has more settings (pro, generally uneeded) both sound the same, Elastique is used in most software now.
    How can the MPC run more 3rd party plugins, it runs what is available on the given platform (limited by the hardware it runs on and my original point) and the One can only run more plugins when you are only using it as MIDI controller, so that is like saying the MIDI pads i use with BM3 runs more plugins than anything because it works with IOS/Windows/MacOS/Linux, which is nonsense and doesnt correlate.
    You cant keep changing the goalposts.

• @Turntablist said:

@kobamoto said:

BM3 users silly, yes if they say its workflow is better than xyz, it just works for them.
    BM3 vs MPC timestretch, both Elastique, MPC just has more settings (pro, generally uneeded) both sound the same, Elastique is used in most software now.
    How can the MPC run more 3rd party plugins, it runs what is available on the given platform (limited by the hardware it runs on and my original point) and the One can only run more plugins when you are only using it as MIDI controller, so that is like saying the MIDI pads i use with BM3 runs more plugins than anything because it works with IOS/Windows/MacOS/Linux, which is nonsense and doesnt correlate.

ok so we're comparing the mpc platform standalone vs bm3 stand alone
    and your opinion is that bm3 Is better because it runs more plugins on iOS is that right?

my opinion is that the mpc platform is more to my liking because of the superior workflow and features that it has that bm3 does not. In the end I own both so it's moot, do you own the current mpc platform as well or just bm3?

• edited March 2020

little more fun video

• has anybody noticed that their model cycles knobs are looser than the model samples knobs, It's not the biggest deal but I'm not sure I'm a fan of the wiggle slack on the cycles knobs... ?

• @kobamoto said:

@Turntablist said:

@kobamoto said:

ok so we're comparing the mpc platform standalone vs bm3 stand alone
    and your opinion is that bm3 Is better because it runs more plugins on iOS is that right?

my opinion is that the mpc platform is more to my liking because of the superior workflow and features that it has that bm3 does not. In the end I own both so it's moot, do you own the current mpc platform as well or just bm3?

No, I never once stated that it is better because it runs more plugins on IOS you just invented that, I gave a full list of things it has that are vastly superior and unarguable.
    As I already said, anybody who mentions workflow is silly, one workflow will fit one person more than another wokflow fits another person, this is why there is Maschine/MPC/BM3/Trackers etc etc etc, and you haven't mentioned a single feature that the MPC has that BM3 does not (I know what they are, but you wanted me to be specific, so be specific)