Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Stand Alone Tracker/Sampler from PolyEnd. WOW!!!

Comments

• Who's pre-ordering? What's availability date? If Sweetwater gets a pre-order, might do it. They get their stuff the earliest.

• The upcoming (late summer) Nerdseq Portable is smaller with stereo sample support and polyphonic tracks. Though a tracker without a qwerty keyboard seems really strange.

• edited March 2020

@auxmux said:
    Who's pre-ordering? What's availability date? If Sweetwater gets a pre-order, might do it. They get their stuff the earliest.

"Tracker will cost 499€/$599 USD and comes complete with a USB-A power adapter, 2m USB-C cable, 3.5mm to 2x 6.3mm adapter, Minijack to MIDI DIN adapter, 16GB MicroSD card, and MicroSD to USB-A adapter, and is available to purchase through Polyend’s growing global network of authorized dealers. Shipping starts in June 2020"

https://www.synthanatomy.com/2020/03/polyend-officially-intros-tracker-retro-meets-modern-sound-technologies.html

You can pre-order from Polyend website also: https://polyend.com/tracker/

• @auxmux said:
    Who's pre-ordering? What's availability date? If Sweetwater gets a pre-order, might do it. They get their stuff the earliest.

Yes, I pre-ordered... I have all kinds of devices running trackers like renoise, sunvox & milkytracker, but dedicated hardware like this is awesome. Over 20 years ago there were midi sequencers on the pc, but I still bought a portable yamaha q70 sequencer which I use to this date. I got the same vibe from this device, also the live performance modus looks awesome.

• This is so tempting. And that €499 price is below the magic threshold.

• I can see using this as a 2nd sequencer, recording to it from my main sequencer or keyboard. Then going into the tracker and editing as required for those impossible-to-play arps and Venetian Snares/Squarepusher snare rushes.

Sort of like the Event List in the old Yamaha sequencers. (Those had many of these lists, plus the more familiar Piano Roll (Graphic View). Nothing as in depth as a tracker list though. I'm curious as to the number of parameters is available per step.

• It's sample based synth is more powerful than I thought.
    Instrument page-

Sample playback-

Slicing-

Wavetable-

Granular (one grain)-

Sample Editor (mono samples)-

• @Sequencer1 said:
    I can see using this as a 2nd sequencer, recording to it from my main sequencer or keyboard. Then going into the tracker and editing as required for those impossible-to-play arps and Venetian Snares/Squarepusher snare rushes.

Sort of like the Event List in the old Yamaha sequencers. (Those had many of these lists, plus the more familiar Piano Roll (Graphic View). Nothing as in depth as a tracker list though. I'm curious as to the number of parameters is available per step.

Thank you for that screenshot. :smile:
    I have a long history with tracking. After switching to hardware, I have lived in the 'event lists' of the boss sp 505 and roland mc 307 for a long time. I just love mico-editing.

• edited March 2020

@Sequencer1 said:
    The upcoming (late summer) Nerdseq Portable is smaller with stereo sample support and polyphonic tracks. Though a tracker without a qwerty keyboard seems really strange.

not as inviting but definitely feature rich, hopefully polyend puts the roadmap on the map for the polyend tracker so it's as much as possible possible to compare the two as the nerdseq is very intriguing.

what's the price on the nerdseq gonna be?

• @kobamoto said:

@Sequencer1 said:
    The upcoming (late summer) Nerdseq Portable is smaller with stereo sample support and polyphonic tracks. Though a tracker without a qwerty keyboard seems really strange.

not as inviting but definitely feature rich, hopefully polyend puts the roadmap on the map for the polyend tracker so it's as much as possible possible to compare the two as the nerdseq is very intriguing.

what's the price on the nerdseq gonna be?

I don't think XOR has mentionted a price yet, but the Eurorack module is $625 or €486.78 + VAT.
    Thanks for posting the loopop video! (I'm currently watching the Red Means Recording OP-Z walkthrough videos and am blown away by its sequencer).

• @jaijai said:

@Sequencer1 said:
    I can see using this as a 2nd sequencer, recording to it from my main sequencer or keyboard. Then going into the tracker and editing as required for those impossible-to-play arps and Venetian Snares/Squarepusher snare rushes.

I have a long history with tracking. After switching to hardware, I have lived in the 'event lists' of the boss sp 505 and roland mc 307 for a long time. I just love mico-editing.

Would love to see a modern hardware sequencer with piano roll, event list, tracker, step sequencer with p-locks and conditionals ala Elektron/T.E., euclidean from the Squarp, snaking from the Squid and Rene, etc...lol that's just crazy!

• edited March 2020

@Sequencer1 said:

@jaijai said:

@Sequencer1 said:

Would love to see a modern hardware sequencer with piano roll, event list, tracker, step sequencer with p-locks and conditionals ala Elektron/T.E., euclidean from the Squarp, snaking from the Squid and Rene, etc...lol that's just crazy!

you and me both!! :)

well after watching the video, which I will do again several times I believe that the polyend tracker definitely tickles the right side of my brain, however the left side of me says this trend of going light on the sampling specs in these recent beatmachines has just gotta stop.
    I hope I'm mistaken but it looked like you can slice up audio but then not play those slices in realtime via the pads and record that handy work into the sequencer.... instead it looks like after slicing that you still have to treat samples like one shots and load them with default methods into the grid from the browser.......if I'm mistaken I'm happy but if not then I have to wonder why even have a slicer in the first place if it's only going to be an aid in single sample extracts or markups?

I also didn't see mention of whatever 'control all' type feature polyend listed earlier where you can control all or many of the parameters at once and I was really hoping to see that in action and if this was a feature that could be recorded into the sequencer .... as with elektron you can't record the control all feature..

at $629 Usd I feel like it's a fair price, but I would have felt a whole lot fairer at $499, without knowing what the roadmap looks like going forward and knowing if they are going to add more to the sampling features.
    I am disappointed that every $600 sampling beat machine from anybody not named akai is providing so little sample time and no stereo samples, outside of it being a trend this trend seems to have no purpose.

gonna have to ponder and learn more

and they definitely shoulda put a battery in this thing, why handicap the almost perfect form factor by omitting a battery, what are they gonna do add a few knobs and a battery to the next model?...

all in all I like what I see allot and don't like what I don't see.

• @kobamoto said:

@Sequencer1 said:

@jaijai said:

@Sequencer1 said:

you and me both!! :)

well after watching the video, which I will do again several times I believe that the polyend tracker definitely tickles the right side of my brain, however the left side of me says this trend of going light on the sampling specs in these recent beatmachines has just gotta stop.
    I hope I'm mistaken but it looked like you can slice up audio but then not play those slices in realtime via the pads and record that handy work into the sequencer.... instead it looks like after slicing that you still have to treat samples like one shots and load them with default methods into the grid from the browser.......if I'm mistaken I'm happy but if not then I have to wonder why even have a slicer in the first place if it's only going to be an aid in single sample extracts or markups?

I also didn't see mention of whatever 'control all' type feature polyend listed earlier where you can control all or many of the parameters at once and I was really hoping to see that in action and if this was a feature that could be recorded into the sequencer .... as with elektron you can't record the control all feature..

at $629 Usd I feel like it's a fair price, but I would have felt a whole lot fairer at $499, without knowing what the roadmap looks like going forward and knowing if they are going to add more to the sampling features.
    I am disappointed that every $600 sampling beat machine from anybody not named akai is providing so little sample time and no stereo samples, outside of it being a trend this trend seems to have no purpose.

gonna have to ponder and learn more

and they definitely shoulda put a battery in this thing, why handicap the almost perfect form factor by omitting a battery, what are they gonna do add a few knobs and a battery to the next model?...

all in all I like what I see allot and don't like what I don't see.

Hopefully they add slice selection to the pad grid, rather than just transposing the current slice. And more FX (automation) - 2 is limited since volume and pan are considered FX, so it doesn't leave much room for probability, rolls, tempo, or the other interesting per-step FX. But it's good that each step can have a different FX, but more than 2 lanes would be better.

90 seconds of sampling time per project. Mono samples. Tracks are polyphonic but all have the same length.

I'm sure others will love it, but it's a bit meh for me, especially after watching the loopop video right after watching the RMR OP-Z walkthrough videos.

The price seems pretty good. Hopefully they'll add more features.

• totally forgot about track lengths, smiling overhere at the model samples ... yeah the update path is important here

• I like it too but honestly I'm tired of spending money on half baked products. This is definitely feeling unfinished. I would've loved too playing slices from the keys and swing and delay and stuff

I do love the hardware. And they keyboard-y keys. Waiting for the RMR video too

• Looks cool...but not sure it gives me more than what I am doing currently with my iPad and MPC One...but I love that they did this.

I wish them nothing but success on this piece of kit. I love their design aesthetic.

• I'm feeling you both of you, it's hard to have the model samples and samplr side by side and not feel that way..... but I do love the design and might spring for it just for the space trackers take me to, in this form factor it would be fun with just a few more sample and sequencing tweaks

• edited March 2020

So far this is working out very well for me. I love the Pads and access to all them Scales, Chords and Progressions, Track Mutes, Song Mode and Sampling capabilities:

• @echoopera said:
    So far this is working out very well for me. I love the Pads and access to all them Scales, Chords and Progressions, Track Mutes, Song Mode and Sampling capabilities:

:D that's not even fair

I love hopping around though from one workflow to another it's very refreshing

• Would you say someone who used to be very fast on Roland MC-50 might be able to learn to tame a tracker in general? I've never tried Renoise, but the concept—and this machine—intrigues me...

• not impressed here. at all.
    back to Renoise- THE tracker
    :)

• edited March 2020

MPC Live MKII specs got leaked - wondering on timing on that because I was holding out for standalone Maschine by Native Instruments. That might not happen this year. I like the form factor of MPC One but not the limitations for its price.

But then MC707 calls to me as well, though... I like big screens and I can not lie.

• @auxmux said:
    MPC Live MKII specs got leaked - wondering on timing on that because I was holding out for standalone Maschine by Native Instruments. That might not happen this year. I like the form factor of MPC One but not the limitations for its price.

But then MC707 calls to me as well, though... I like big screens and I can not lie.

the MPs and the MCs are so different though, when comparing to one another. I still think akai is going to come out with an even smaller mpc than the mpc one in the next year or two... something that hits the mpc 500 spot, hopefully. I'm tired of these bricks

• @kobamoto said:

@auxmux said:

the MPs and the MCs are so different though, when comparing to one another. I still think akai is going to come out with an even smaller mpc than the mpc one in the next year or two... something that hits the mpc 500 spot, hopefully. I'm tired of these bricks

Dude a live mini with a slightly smaller screen and One sized pads and just a few small knobs! I would nust a but if they did that

• lol, me too, in this day and age they should be putting out the deluge, poly tracker, size beat machines first... man used to take the mpc 500 with me religiously ran through so many batteries it probably wasn't environmentally safe :(

but it's still a helluva beatmachine

• @brambos said:
    This looks intriguing. Although in my mind a tracker needs Querty input. Maybe I’m showing my age here.

Like the Deluge, it has a mode for using the pads as a qwerty keyboard. Was easy for me to get used to on my deluge without an overlay. I’m sure it’d be same with the poly.

• Decals actually stick to those rubber keys well, Have done a bunch of DJ MIDI controllers over the years.

• @auxmux said:

The tiny LCD on the MC-707 is its biggest drawback IMHO.
    They'd better used smaller mixer controls and a large-enough touch screen.

• edited March 2020

Another hw tracker (M8 Tracker). It may come with some of the engines from the Mutable Instruments Plaits, like the Arturia Microfreak. Plus sampling, SD card, and more. Ripped from the Elektron forum.