Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Stand Alone Tracker/Sampler from PolyEnd. WOW!!!

Comments

• Can you make a cheesy disco track with this thing?

• @Sergiu said:
    Can you make a cheesy disco track with this thing?

Yeah. All the cheesy disco tracks from the past were made with trackers :)

I installed Renoise and watched a couple of Youtube videos to see what’s the fuss with trackers. Apparently they’re quite cool. They’re kind of MPE sequencers. Where each note can have some parameters for extra manipulation. It’s quite interesting but that spreadsheet like grid is a major turn off.

PS: Are you from Romania man? :D

• Does tracker have swing? I’ve only heard ”on the beat” electronic music from trackers.

• @fattigman said:
    Does tracker have swing? I’ve only heard ”on the beat” electronic music from trackers.

Yes, since you can control the timing for every row if needed using the tempo & ticks-per-line command...

• salut, da! Era sarcasm cu disco ..lol> @alecsbuga said:

@Sergiu said:
    Can you make a cheesy disco track with this thing?

Yeah. All the cheesy disco tracks from the past were made with trackers :)

I installed Renoise and watched a couple of Youtube videos to see what’s the fuss with trackers. Apparently they’re quite cool. They’re kind of MPE sequencers. Where each note can have some parameters for extra manipulation. It’s quite interesting but that spreadsheet like grid is a major turn off.

PS: Are you from Romania man? :D

• Press release has leaked: https://www.elektronauts.com/uploads/short-url/ctSdW9amcdAoMy90QJ4ctdXHqEB.pdf

Of note, price: $599. Wavetable synth supporting Serum and Ableton Wavetable format. My interest level just went up!

• Oh damn it be same price as my blackbox. My bb is trembling in fear but I’ll wait till I see some dummy thicc LoFi HH coming from the Tracker before bb is in any danger

• This looks brilliant, might be a good birthday present to myself in April if the ISLA2400 still hasn’t arrived...

• @auxmux said:
    Press release has leaked: https://www.elektronauts.com/uploads/short-url/ctSdW9amcdAoMy90QJ4ctdXHqEB.pdf

Of note, price: $599. Wavetable synth supporting Serum and Ableton Wavetable format. My interest level just went up!

Oh yes.
    At the rumored 1k price it was an impossible dream, now it’s a distant possibility.
    With what’s been shown so far, and now with the wave table support I’m clueing in to how smart these dudes are: this box, and their Medusa...

• wow just look at this form factor, this is what has me most interested... people who like to use these kind of instruments want to be able to do so whenever inspiration strikes. Sure the mpc live is portable, great battery life, and indispensable in the world of beat machines but it's heavy enough to kill someone with it and it's the last thing you'd want to carry on your back all day long.

Polyend gets it.

• It sure is sexeh, It’ll surely be my next saving up project after the world returns to Nermal

• It's look really cool. I hope it's an easy instrument to play when used as a midi controller to sequence your external synths.

• +1 about the form factor being spot on. They resist the temptation to shrink at the cost of ergonomics and clarity—which would make this more taxing to learn and use for long periods. But avoiding serious bulk will help make it quite a mobile instrument.

I also can't wait to learn about the grid implementation. It's the one part the short videos leaked so far don't illustrate well at all. I suspect it will be one of the aces up tracker's sleeves..

• for sure!!! I hope they give it a strong start and have some good update plans ... I always love polyends initial ideas but was disheartened a little bit about the quality of the Medusa and the rate of follow up,... the tracker otoh is a different kind of instrument though where I think they can really play to their strengths.

• okay so this breakable mode to use in performance looks like it's not syncing automatically is that correct (not too much of an issue really for those that don't use quantize that much but still I like having the option)

• This looks amazing at the low price it’s available at.

• Have to wait for the Loopop video to better understand how this thing works. Right now it's just a magical and interesting looking piece of GAS gear :)

• edited March 2020

@echoopera said:
    Have to wait for the Loopop video to better understand how this thing works. Right now it's just a magical and interesting looking piece of GAS gear :)

Yeah, the new videos are fun but not very informative.. It's like they're not even trying because they know Loopop (and others) will do a better job than them demoing the features! 🤓

• !!! yep depending on how it's all put together workflow wise, looks like that all parameters thing might be something like 'control all' if we're lucky :)

• edited March 2020

hmm I wonder, (in spite of not enough info out yet on the tracker)... just from these first impressions, at the current price point maybe the deluge makes more since... yes, no, yes?..thoughts.

of course if the tracker interface is the main reason you got one then you'd probably stick with it, but besides that, it's about $630 us, vs. $900us for the deluge.

• edited March 2020

So a tracker that needs to be powered, so advantages of a vastly more powerful cheap ass laptop (ipad with keyboard) is nill, I get it with a battery, without, nope.

• edited March 2020

people just bond with differently perceived devices differently for the most part... if there was a way to make everyone feel the same way when they are working on their Mac or pc they would gladly take the price cut+ the feature gain all day long but just doesn't work that way.

I feel the same way about turn tables and traktor/serato and vinyl.... just can't get into it no matter what, and I'm not a purist

• Shit hot and dead sexy
    I have Surface Pro3 with Renoise and SunVox and I still fucking want it

• hahahaha :)

• well polyend said that loopop would be answering all questions today so waiting on that before the night closes down