Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

airplay from one iOS device to another iOS device?

Evidently, it used to be possible to airplay the screen from one iOS device to another iOS device.

For example, using an iPad to either mirror an iPhone screen or use the second iOS device as an extended screen of the other iOS device.

I’ve never done that, but I’ve seen blog posts showing it being done by easily selecting the other device via the airplay screen mirroring icon selector.

Those blog posts look like they’re on either iOS 11 or 12.

This doesn’t appear to work with iOS 13. Or, if it does I haven’t found anything online showing that it’s possible.

Does anyone know if there’s a way to mirror or use one iOS device as an extension of a second iOS device on iOS 13 without going through a desktop server?

Comments

• I think you'd need an app for that, at least for the receiving device. Normal iOS is an AirPlay sender only. I found one such app in the app store, but no recommendation.

• skip you wouldn't happen to know how to stop all of your iOS devices from being connected to one another would you, all mine seem to be connected automagically and I can't take it anymore... I need them to all be completely autonomous?

• @kobamoto said:
    skip you wouldn't happen to know how to stop all of your iOS devices from being connected to one another would you, all mine seem to be connected automagically and I can't take it anymore... I need them to all be completely autonomous?

I’m sorry, I don’t.

• @uncledave said:
    I think you'd need an app for that, at least for the receiving device. Normal iOS is an AirPlay sender only. I found one such app in the app store, but no recommendation.

That’s the conclusion I came to. Seems like it’d be useful for extra mobile screen real estate. It looks like it used to work but went away with iOS 13. :(

I tried a couple iOS screen sharing apps and they were kinda awful and all they did was make it so you could record one iOS screen to another. Nothing like what I described in my OP. Was just checking to see if someone had found a trick or some app that did it well. Thx

• thanks anyway and good luck with your hunt as well