Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Positive advice for dealing with Covid-19 (no politics or complaints about governance please)

Comments

• What Scotch cannot cure there is no cure for... in that Spirit I should approach my Lagavulin tonite ;)

• One dozen quarts any style.....$15.00.... sigh....

• @AmpApps said:
    My view on masks: This virus is spread by coughing and sneezing among other things. The transmission can occur through particulate transference. Simply wearing a mask could potentially impede the spread by suppressing the exposure of others to an undiagnosed carrier and possibly ingesting it if you work in close contact with others who may speak, cough, or sneeze.

Teaching everyone to cough and sneeze into their elbow as a germ catcher scales to a better use of resources. However, large fraction of people will get masks and wear them in public. As the virus ramps up this will create shortages of masks.

Making, distributing and providing a steady supply of masks for most to wear and dispose of them properly is a logistical problem.

For the available supply it's best to prioritize them for healthcare workers: treatment centers will need the emergency investments and their workers must be protected.

• Isn’t it only windows users that have to worry ?

• @topaz said:
    Isn’t it only windows users that have to worry ?

Yes all those with Face Macs are in the clear.....

• @topaz said:

Good point... close those windows.

• @McD said:

@topaz said:

Good point... close those windows.

Only works with flu, there was a little bird and it’s name was Enza, open the window and in flew Enza.

• From the news:

One recent report suggests that 10% of the doctors in northern Italy are infected with coronavirus.

Note knowing you're in contact with an infected patient is probably contributing to these outcomes.

My wife picked up Hepatitis from a patient when she was told to use precautions and has had consequences every since.
    She also narrowly avoided an HIV instance with a mishandled needle. These jobs are more dangerous and we'll have fewer people available to manage the work to be done.

Just information to help consider consequences since we may all find ourselves in a care giving role soon and need to share
    more advice. There might be no where to take someone we love.

Educate yourself.

• @u0421793 said:
    I spent large portions of today reading this:

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fcimb.2018.00343/full

A very informative article especially where it talks about the behavioral changes we can do to slow down the spread of viruses. It’s clear that information gathering, sharing, and responding on all levels of community organization is vital. Viral pandemics are clearly a moving target so we’re better off if we can collectively plan for this rather than going through cycles of reaction, forgetting, and inaction until the next pandemic is upon us. The effects of other health issues in terms of those who have too little and those who eat too much was also significant. Secondary bacterial infections and resistant strains of bacteria further complicate the ability to manage these pandemics.

The discussion about how quarantines were effective to the extent they were put in place in a timely manner and remained in place long enough speaks to the need for accurate information about the spread of the virus, who’s vulnerable, and being able to have enough patience and resources to support these isolation approaches.

• @AudioGus ... a quart of mucus every twenty four hours, now that is impressive. I have been sick for almost a week and I can verify the amount. Ironically, I may have had the corona virus but I will never know. I still have the cough.

• edited March 2020

@LinearLineman said:
    @AudioGus ... a quart of mucus every twenty four hours, now that is impressive. I have been sick for almost a week and I can verify the amount. Ironically, I may have had the corona virus but I will never know. I still have the cough.

Sorry to hear you have been illin!

• @McD said:

@kobamoto said:
    and the hikikomori shall inherit the earth...

I was taught not to immanentize the eschaton. It leads to bad decision making on assumptions.

Lordy. An Eric Voegelin acolyte here on the Audiobus forum. Greetings!

• @InfoCheck said:

@u0421793 said:

A very informative article especially where it talks about the behavioral changes we can do to slow down the spread of viruses. It’s clear that information gathering, sharing, and responding on all levels of community organization is vital. Viral pandemics are clearly a moving target so we’re better off if we can collectively plan for this rather than going through cycles of reaction, forgetting, and inaction until the next pandemic is upon us. The effects of other health issues in terms of those who have too little and those who eat too much was also significant. Secondary bacterial infections and resistant strains of bacteria further complicate the ability to manage these pandemics.

The discussion about how quarantines were effective to the extent they were put in place in a timely manner and remained in place long enough speaks to the need for accurate information about the spread of the virus, who’s vulnerable, and being able to have enough patience and resources to support these isolation approaches.

Unfortunately mankind has to bang it’s head on a brick wall to realise it hurts, nature, being nature, just goes about it’s symbiotic ways trying to maintain a nice balance.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @AudioGus ... a quart of mucus every twenty four hours, now that is impressive. I have been sick for almost a week and I can verify the amount. Ironically, I may have had the corona virus but I will never know. I still have the cough.

Take care of yourself, I do believe that the virus is in far greater circulation than any of the authorities estimate, hence the explosion of cases in Italy and Iran, the virus symptoms can make it appear that your getting better but that’s not always the case.

• @knewspeak said:

@InfoCheck said:

@u0421793 said:

Unfortunately mankind has to bang it’s head on a brick wall to realise it hurts, nature, being nature, just goes about it’s symbiotic ways trying to maintain a nice balance.

?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    One dozen quarts any style.....$15.00.... sigh....

Yes..but... its ” Non Alcoholic “...an afront to any true Scotch drinker...obviously not part of the Conor McGregor range...

• On the Coronavirus front..Im all for large doses of Vitamin C as a preventative and if or when it invades..not something that I see suggested very much..but a well acknowledged virus remedy..

• edited March 2020

@mister_rz said:
    Second interesting piece is how china is dealing with the outbreak, very futuristic with black mirror overtones. Not sure how much of it is true as the new york times veers from great journalism to turds masquerading as news and informed opinion (they are not alone in this imo). Looks like the shape of things to come in regards to dealing with potential pandemics and also very dystopian in many ways, interesting use of smartphones tho.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/01/business/china-coronavirus-surveillance.html

“Intrusive surveillance is already the ‘new normal’. The question for China is what, if any, is a level of surveillance that the population refuses to tolerate,” said Stuart Hargreaves, an associate professor at Chinese University of Hong Kong’s law school, focusing on privacy and information law.

Some worry current measures will continue in part because citizens are growing accustomed to them. Alex Zhang, 28, who lives in Chengdu, refers to Italian philosopher Giorgio Agamben’s theory on the state of exception, and how measures taken during a state of emergency can be prolonged.

“This type of governance and thinking for dealing with the epidemic can also be used for other issues - like the media, citizen journalists or ethnic conflicts. Because this method has been used before, citizens will accept it. It becomes normal,” he said.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/09/the-new-normal-chinas-excessive-coronavirus-public-monitoring-could-be-here-to-stay?fbclid=IwAR2PiG8dNsRR7oWrNkjr_X6wITfAbvej_lY8XnR_mi-Vb4TNyRGgVPJ0JXA

• edited March 2020

‘Confirming the reports from small independent studies and 3 clinical trials, the Shanghai government has announced a recommendation to use high dose intravenous treatment of vitamin C to treat COVID-19, according to the Orthomolecular Medicine News Service.

The announced official recommendation that COVID-19 should be treated with high doses of intravenous vitamin C come as welcomed news as the virus continues to spread. The dosage recommendation will vary with the severity of illness ranging from 50-200 milligrams per kilogram body weight per day to as much as 200 mg/kg/day.’

https://worldhealth.net/news/official-statement-china-recommended-treatment-covid-19/?fbclid=IwAR3iPn-uLpZxoyA9HqJexaNeY559ZT9kAnoOwuxtWBVstX1PViXa96fbVGA

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@McD said:

@kobamoto said:

I was taught not to immanentize the eschaton. It leads to bad decision making on assumptions.

but invariably, if one doesn’t ’immanentize’ personally, there will always be someone else along to do it for you

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/425m-in-world-bank-catastrophe-bonds-set-to-default-if-coronavirus-declared-a-pandemic-by-june?fbclid=IwAR1VMmC4FxgABF1Orsn13WO5vIwfqNtTftfrBNER7zvH7IAv2ApBImrfHk0

• edited March 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks @AudioGus and @knewspeak. Cold has gone but nasty cough remains. Will see a doctor about it. Unfortunately, he won’t be able to test for covid19.

• edited March 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Paul16 said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:

@McD said:

@kobamoto said:

but invariably, if one doesn’t ’immanentize’ personally, there will always be someone else along to do it for you

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/425m-in-world-bank-catastrophe-bonds-set-to-default-if-coronavirus-declared-a-pandemic-by-june?fbclid=IwAR1VMmC4FxgABF1Orsn13WO5vIwfqNtTftfrBNER7zvH7IAv2ApBImrfHk0

Lulz. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Anyone who invested in this deserves to be soaked. This makes the sub-prime racket look downright reputable and above board 🤣

No moral hazard to see here, move along.

• @Paul16 said:

@mister_rz said:
    Second interesting piece is how china is dealing with the outbreak, very futuristic with black mirror overtones. Not sure how much of it is true as the new york times veers from great journalism to turds masquerading as news and informed opinion (they are not alone in this imo). Looks like the shape of things to come in regards to dealing with potential pandemics and also very dystopian in many ways, interesting use of smartphones tho.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/01/business/china-coronavirus-surveillance.html

“Intrusive surveillance is already the ‘new normal’. The question for China is what, if any, is a level of surveillance that the population refuses to tolerate,” said Stuart Hargreaves, an associate professor at Chinese University of Hong Kong’s law school, focusing on privacy and information law.

Some worry current measures will continue in part because citizens are growing accustomed to them. Alex Zhang, 28, who lives in Chengdu, refers to Italian philosopher Giorgio Agamben’s theory on the state of exception, and how measures taken during a state of emergency can be prolonged.

“This type of governance and thinking for dealing with the epidemic can also be used for other issues - like the media, citizen journalists or ethnic conflicts. Because this method has been used before, citizens will accept it. It becomes normal,” he said.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/09/the-new-normal-chinas-excessive-coronavirus-public-monitoring-could-be-here-to-stay?fbclid=IwAR2PiG8dNsRR7oWrNkjr_X6wITfAbvej_lY8XnR_mi-Vb4TNyRGgVPJ0JXA

Small correction: the concept of the ‘state of exception’ (Ausnahmezustand) was introduced by Carl Schmitt. The point still stands of course, probably more so.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.