Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Positive advice for dealing with Covid-19 (no politics or complaints about governance please)

Comments

• @MonzoPro said:

The issue with this one is it’s spreading quickly, is 100 times more lethal than flu, and there’s no cure for at least a year.

So while all this ‘calm down dear’ stuff is

Did you read the article?

• I think I am coming to terms with the bad news from the article:

The bad news for you is that, if you live in a densely populated area, you are very likely to contract the coronavirus — if not this year, next year, or the year after as it undergoes its seasonal global migration pattern with its zoonotic cousins.

While the stay calm advice resonates with the good news:

The good news is that you will almost certainly not die from it, and it may not even register that you are slightly more sluggish than usual for a week or two. Much more relevant to the terrible threat caused by our Pathogen Overlords, you can prepare to fight the yearly Corona invasions to come by resisting your own neuroticism, your own prejudice, and your own irrationality. As far as numbers games are concerned, our Pathogen Overlords are much more noble, and much more worthy of our hatred than our fellow human pseudo-enemies in political, religious, and culture wars.

• @Proppa said:

@MonzoPro said:

The issue with this one is it’s spreading quickly, is 100 times more lethal than flu, and there’s no cure for at least a year.

So while all this ‘calm down dear’ stuff is

Did you read the article?

Yes thanks, and if you don’t chop off the rest of my comment you might understand why I said what I did.

• It’s only a moderate flu, what would he make of World War One, a harsh game of Cricket?

• I think the article is coming from the perspective of trying to minimize the risk of the virus by urging us to unite as a species against a common threat. Thinking beyond our own personal safety and comfort zones with some concern for vulnerable people is significant. The rate of viral infection is higher because many become vectors for spreading it because they do not have symptoms. Hopefully people don’t become complacent and decide not to take common sense precautions based upon the medical information available to us. If communities around the globe can reduce the rate of transmission, it means fewer people in vulnerable groups will die from it. It also makes it more likely they’ll have some protection in the form of a vaccine. Without wide spread consensus upon effective action, the rate of infection will speed up rather than slow down.

Hopefully individuals, community groups, and the media can all slow their roll enough to reflect upon and have empathy for how their behavior can impact the vulnerable.

• edited March 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited March 2020
  • edited March 2020
  • @Max23 said:

its not 2% dead, its 6% dead.

Might go down again

• edited March 2020
  • @Max23 said:

@u0421793 said:

@Max23 said:

its not 2% dead, its 6% dead.

Might go down again

looks unlikely now
    the longer this continues the more accurate the numbers get ...

and the more it spreads over the world and societies the more ppl in weakend stages it will reach ...

Where are you seeing 6% fatality rate? The most recent WHO number was 3.4% but epidemiologists seem pretty unanimous that the number is still inflated because it is based on diagnosed cases and all the health experts seem confident that the number of infected people with mild symptoms is very much higher.

In the U.S. the numbers are particularly meaningless because of lack of testing.

I was talking to a doctor who is in public health who thinks it likely that the mortality rate will probably be higher than the flu but not as high as the current numbers.

But we really won't know until more testing is done . The data is still wobbly.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:

numbers from yesterday

Link to the source?

• This is a case where that website (which is based on proprietary data-mining algorithms of public info) data is of unknown quality. It is at odds with the vetted data from sources such as the WHO. I'd be skeptical of its accuracy given the current available data sets.

• edited March 2020
  • edited March 2020

A lot of armchair health experts here it seems. I would say, better to err on the side of caution, what's the harm in that? Also, everyone comparing it to the flue... ya maybe but it seems to be spreading quite a bit faster than the seasonal flue and like @kobamoto said.. I don't want to get it. So for those who seem to think its a conspiracy of some sort, cool. Enjoy your machismo just don't cough on me and wash you damn hands.

• edited March 2020
  • Some inaccurate information (and advice) has just come into my FaceBook timeline.

NONE OF IT IS ACCURATE:

By the time a person has a fever and/or cough and goes to the hospital, the lungs are usually 50% Fibrosis and it's almost too late! Taiwanese medical experts provide a simple self-check that any person can perform every morning:

Take a deep breath and hold your breath for more than 10 seconds. If you complete it successfully without coughing, without discomfort, stuffiness or tightness etc it proves there is no fibrosis in the lungs, basically indicating no infection.

(Fibrosis is the formation of excess fibrous connective tissue in the lungs or in any organ or tissue in a reparative or reactive process.)

EXCELLENT ADVICE by Japanese doctors treating COVID-19 cases. Everyone should ensure that his/her mouth and throat are moist and never DRY.

Take a few sips of water every 15 mins at least. WHY? Even if the virus enters your mouth, drinking water or other liquids will wash it down through your oesophagus and into the stomach. Once in your stomach, the digestive acid will kill the virus.

If you don't drink enough water regularly... the virus can enter your windpipes and into the LUNGS. That's where this virus can become dangerous.

• Imagine what the seasonal flu mortality numbers and infection rate would be if there was no yearly vaccine.
    Still, the mortality rate is tied to those diagnosed as infected, so the mortality rate would probably still be .1%. However, economic disruptions would be considerably greater, I am thinking.
    (14,000 deaths, 250,000 hospitalized in US with flu in 2019)

• @LinearLineman queue Leonard Cohan... sigh, everybody knows.

• edited March 2020
  • @Max23. Well aware of the Spanish Flu. Still, there was no conception of containment a hundred years ago. Still, the fact that so few have been tested in the US 60 days after the shit started hitting the fan is testimony to the ostrich mentality here in the states. S.Korea has tested 100,000.... we here have tested 1500. One million test kits promised by today... 75,000 delivered.

Anecdote: in Walmart buying urine deodorizer (not for me, for our Whippet, Manson... he’s panicking and pissing all over the house). On checkout line backwards baseball cap thirty year old starts talkin of his distrust of anything government says. Then he says....”the virus is looking for healthy lungs, right? Well, I’ve been smoking a lot of years... so I must be safe”. Was he joking? I don’t think so as there was not a touch of humor in anything else he said.

Sadly, most people, at least here in the South, don’t seem to be able to put all the pieces together in a rational way. I says to him, well, you’re safe you’re a young healthy guy... he replies, “I had cancer”. So I guess that makes him doubly protected. Why would the virus want to go into his icky body?

• edited March 2020
  • Haha @Max23, glad I am not the only one with real problems!

• @LinearLineman said:
    Imagine what the seasonal flu mortality numbers and infection rate would be if there was no yearly vaccine.
    Still, the mortality rate is tied to those diagnosed as infected, so the mortality rate would probably still be .1%. However, economic disruptions would be considerably greater, I am thinking.
    (14,000 deaths, 250,000 hospitalized in US with flu in 2019)

With the flu, vaccine does reduce the mortality rate. Vaccinated people that come down with the flu (the flu vaccines are very good but not perfect) generally experience much milder symptoms than the unvaccinated. So, you are less likely to die from the flu if you get it. (Fwiw, we had a really bad flu season two years ago and the vaccine was not as effective as usual. I got the flu despite being vaccinated. I (who had been vaccinated) became much less ill than a younger friend who caught it the day before she was supposed to get vaccinated.

• @Max23 : Per WHO yesterday, fatality rate of known infections is 3.4%. 3281 fatalities and 95,265 identified cases.

https://www.who.int/dg/speeches/detail/who-director-general-s-opening-remarks-at-the-media-briefing-on-covid-19---5-march-2020

I trust those numbers more than the ones from worldometers

Actuality fatality rate (per epidemiologists) likely much less than that. It is apparently quite a bit lower in countries like South Korea where many more people have been tested. The U.S. stats are super skewed due to lack of testing.

• edited March 2020

Some more resources:

Johns Hopkins School of Medicine (a leading research and teaching university in the U.S.) has a good site:

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu

They have created a live tracker here:
    https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

The stats line up similarly to those published by WHO.