Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Positive advice for dealing with Covid-19 (no politics or complaints about governance please)

Comments

• @Nighur said:

@ecstaticax said:
    Hi. Hi live in Italy. Veneto, where there is a full Coronavirus spread zone. Here school are closed. I work at university, no students only teachers and technicians.
    It’s a kind of public delirium. In the reality here everything is like all other days. Supermarket are full of stocks, people are in the streets and so on.
    Coronavirus is a normal flu. The only difference is that newspapers and television are only talking about it, 24h a day. A normal flu kills old and weaken people, so the problem is always the same since 10000 years. If you have a good immune system you won’t get flu, if you don’t smoke, don’t drink, eat in a good way, you will be ok.
    Wash your hands, have a good life and don’t listen to media: they want to create panic, but coronavirus is simply a product to create audience.
    Regards.
    Now I go to the gym. It’s open, full of people, no problem.

It ain’t no normal flu. It sends apparently healthy people to the ICU. I’m a MD in Italy, I know what I’m saying.

I am graduated in Neuroscience. I know what I say too.

• @ecstaticax said:

@espiegel123 said:

@ecstaticax said:
    Hi. Hi live in Italy. Veneto, where there is a full Coronavirus spread zone. Here school are closed. I work at university, no students only teachers and technicians.
    It’s a kind of public delirium. In the reality here everything is like all other days. Supermarket are full of stocks, people are in the streets and so on.
    Coronavirus is a normal flu. The only difference is that newspapers and television are only talking about it, 24h a day. A normal flu kills old and weaken people, so the problem is always the same since 10000 years. If you have a good immune system you won’t get flu, if you don’t smoke, don’t drink, eat in a good way, you will be ok.
    Wash your hands, have a good life and don’t listen to media: they want to create panic, but coronavirus is simply a product to create audience.
    Regards.

If you look at the current statistics, the fatality rate is much higher for covid-19 than for the flu. The current statistics from WHO for people 50-59 is 1.3% fatality rate for those that become symptomatic. For flu, for that age group, the fatality rate is .05%. That is quite a large difference.

I am not suggesting panic, but people should also stop saying that this is no different from seasonal flu.

We still don't have good stats on the transmission rate as the data is still young and very incomplete.

Most of people are not dying because of CoronaVirus, but with also coronavirus. It’s very different. Coronavirus is not the main cause.

The statistics I am using are the ones provided by the WHO. If you have a better source, please provide a citation.

• @espiegel123 said:

@ecstaticax said:

@espiegel123 said:

@ecstaticax said:
    Regards.

If you look at the current statistics, the fatality rate is much higher for covid-19 than for the flu. The current statistics from WHO for people 50-59 is 1.3% fatality rate for those that become symptomatic. For flu, for that age group, the fatality rate is .05%. That is quite a large difference.

I am not suggesting panic, but people should also stop saying that this is no different from seasonal flu.

We still don't have good stats on the transmission rate as the data is still young and very incomplete.

Most of people are not dying because of CoronaVirus, but with also coronavirus. It’s very different. Coronavirus is not the main cause.

The statistics I am using are the ones provided by the WHO. If you have a better source, please provide a citation.

WHO?

• @ecstaticax said:

If you like to stand at the edge of a cliff... you don't want an unexpected push. The view might be nice (all that bacon) but the shove and gravity killed you. Look out for the shove, I say. You might not have the ability to walk now due to neglect or just old age.

• @u0421793 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@ecstaticax said:

@espiegel123 said:

@ecstaticax said:
    Regards.

WHO?

Yes the Dr has a Tardis and has predicted the Cybermen wipeout the virus as well as it’s hosts.

• edited March 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited March 2020
  • edited March 2020
  • edited March 2020
  • edited March 2020

@ecstaticax said:

Coronavirus is a normal flu.

So is this epidemics expert lying or mis-informed when they say its 20 times more deadly than flu?

" The case fatality rate – the proportion of cases that are fatal – has been just over 2%, much less than it was for Sars, but 20 times that of seasonal flu."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/01/the-worst-case-scenario-for-coronavirus-dr-jonathan-quick-q-and-a-laura-spinney

• I hope all of the people who aren’t concerned about dying from Covid-19 still try to take steps to avoid getting it as the more people in your community who get sick, the more likely vulnerable people can die from it will get sick and will die. There is no vaccine and it’ll be at least a year before there is one. As more information about what we should do comes out, please heed their advice.

• edited March 2020
  • This article seems to discuss a lot of the relevant issues.

• edited March 2020

The BBC has some Q&As for anyone who still isn’t saturated by the whole infogoulash.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-51176409

• edited March 2020
  • edited March 2020

@Max23 said:
    @mungbeans
    Ignorance is bliss. ;)

• edited March 2020
  • @u0421793 said:

@espiegel123 said:

WHO?

First base.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@u0421793 said:

@espiegel123 said:

WHO?

First base.

Naturally.

• Everything in the future is uncertainty, everything in the past is hindsight, and here we sit, trying to parse the space between those things.

• edited March 2020
  • @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Everything in the future is uncertainty, everything in the past is hindsight, and here we sit, trying to parse the space between those things.

Actually, one thing (for each of us) in the future is certain ...

• @pauly said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Everything in the future is uncertainty, everything in the past is hindsight, and here we sit, trying to parse the space between those things.

Actually, one thing (for each of us) in the future is certain ...

Taxes?

• A worthwhile read for helping understand what we do and don't know and where the numbers come from:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1234324074505154560.html

• @Max23 said:
    BTW if you feel like you have the flu
    Don’t go to your doctor or next hospital
    Call them on the telephone

a sanitised telephone

• edited March 2020

@supadom said:
    I don’t think anyone’s mentioned taking vitamin D as a preventive measure. It apparently boosts the immune system especially in winter months when sunlight is scarce.

this & all & any other easy ways to boost the immune system, which relies in turn on gut health, probiotics etc. there are a great number of potent anti virals in the form of various foods & herbs, many of which end up as component parts of patented pharmaceuticals. let food be thy medicine

• edited March 2020

@Max23 said:

World Health Organization
    The leading authority to listen to.
    Governments have their own interests. They don’t.

debatable ...

'Today after the Swine Flu Scandal it seems that the pharmaceutical industry has gained control over the WHO system, leading to an extreme bias towards the use of not only ineffective and unnecessary influenza vaccines and medicines, but also to the use of antipsychotics, antidepressant, antianxiety and other psychopharmacological drugs, cytotoxic anti-cancer chemotherapy, and a number of other drugs, which according to independent meta analyses and Cochrane reviews are found to be without significant beneficial effect – and often harmful.'

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/281876323_Why_the_Corruption_of_the_World_Health_Organization_WHO_is_the_Biggest_Threat_to_the_World's_Public_Health_of_Our_Time

• @Paul16 said:

@Max23 said:

World Health Organization
    The leading authority to listen to.
    Governments have their own interests. They don’t.

debatable ...

'Today after the Swine Flu Scandal it seems that the pharmaceutical industry has gained control over the WHO system, leading to an extreme bias towards the use of not only ineffective and unnecessary influenza vaccines and medicines, but also to the use of antipsychotics, antidepressant, antianxiety and other psychopharmacological drugs, cytotoxic anti-cancer chemotherapy, and a number of other drugs, which according to independent meta analyses and Cochrane reviews are found to be without significant beneficial effect – and often harmful.'

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/281876323_Why_the_Corruption_of_the_World_Health_Organization_WHO_is_the_Biggest_Threat_to_the_World's_Public_Health_of_Our_Time

• The user and all related content has been deleted.