Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mastering - Free reference tracks

I was looking for some reference tracks to help mitigate my poor monitoring environment and improve my shitty mixes/masters. I needed a downloadable lossless music file and I needed it legally free. I quite like Nine Inch Nails and I remembered that The Slip was released for free so...

https://archive.org/details/NineInchNailsTheSlip24bit96khz/05Echoplex.flac

Probably only good reference material for very particular uses (the compressed drums on Discipline probably won’t sound great if you are Ed Sheeran).

If anybody has any more links they might post them here. But the files should be
(1) Lossless
(2) Downloadable
(3) Free (and legal)

Comments

• edited February 2020

@Jhnk I used to do a lot of reference mixing till i realised that a lot of the final sound is in the Mastering stage. So it’s still good referencing but I keep that in mind & for me I do reference Masters as opposed to mixes.