Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Patterning 2 Coming to iPhones?

My apologies if this is a repost — I didn’t see anything on the front page.

Just saw this on Olympia Noise Co’s Instagram story. Hard to say for sure but it looks to me like Patterning 2 running on an iPhone.

Comments

• And when I say “Hard to say for sure,” what I mean is, “🤤”

• please let it be so

• edited February 2020

😎

• yes coming to phones!

• Sweet. Nothing like how smoothly Patterning will jump
    Through kits while playing.

• Yes please, yes. I've been looking at this forever, but I just don't use my iPad as much for music stuff lately. Always the iPhone since I have it with me, and I've been craving a way to makes weird polyrhythmic beats on the go. Fingers crossed.

• edited February 2020

Cat’s out of the bag huh? Then I think it's fair to say It’s got a ways to go, in my opinion, but it's coming along nicely. I don't think it would be proper to say any more about it yet though.

• thanks for the good news

• Instabuy if au

• I like Patterning a lot, but never bought Patterning 2 because it wasn’t an AU. If that ever changes, I’ll happily jump right back on board.

• There is a streamlined version coming to iPhone.

• @jrjulius said:

Just saw this on Olympia Noise Co’s Instagram story. Hard to say for sure but it looks to me like Patterning 2 running on an iPhone.

did it have any other information with the picture? like is it just a prototype phase or coming out soon? i’m very pumped for this to be a thing

• There is a beta test currently going on, but as a participant I can't say anything else as the app is still being worked on.

• Please, please, please make Patterning 3 an AUv3 experience! It is the best UX for a drum machine on iOS by far and I still use as IAA, but I do find myself reaching for lesser apps because they are AUv3.

• Yep, I > @lukesleepwalker said:

Please, please, please make Patterning 3 an AUv3 experience! It is the best UX for a drum machine on iOS by far and I still use as IAA, but I do find myself reaching for lesser apps because they are AUv3.

+100. I got almost all AUv3 drum machines but none of them became 100% Patterning replacement

• Yep this would be an incredible, crazy percussionist, drummer in Auv3.. I will pay full price again for Auv3..

• edited February 2020

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Please, please, please make Patterning 3 an AUv3 experience! It is the best UX for a drum machine on iOS by far and I still use as IAA, but I do find myself reaching for lesser apps because they are AUv3.

Hope this is just a free Patterning 2 update or will be a IAP for Patterning 2 users. A few weeks after I bought Patterning first version version 2 came out... To buy a totally new expensive version again isn't the way to go in my eyes.

• @eross said:

@jrjulius said:

did it have any other information with the picture? like is it just a prototype phase or coming out soon? i’m very pumped for this to be a thing

It was just the picture, unfortunately

• Instabuy whether Patterning 2 or separate app, as long as the work made in one can be used in the other.

• edited February 2020

@RajahP said:

Yep this would be an incredible, crazy percussionist, drummer in Auv3.. I will pay full price again for Auv3..

Developer was pretty anti-Auv3 the last time around...I’d be surprised to see this. And even if so then I’d be surprised to see it well implemented.

So I’d Rather see a strong Auv3 oriented developer make a patterning type Auv3 drum machine and let Patterning itself stay true to its standalone heritage.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Cat’s out of the bag huh? Then I think it's fair to say It’s got a ways to go, in my opinion, but it's coming along nicely. I don't think it would be proper to say any more about it yet though.

agreed

• @ksound said:
    Instabuy whether Patterning 2 or separate app, as long as the work made in one can be used in the other.

It will be a separate app, free to download, with an IAP ($4.99 on launch) to unlock saving and full exporting features.

Songs can be exported from iPhone -> iPad, but not the other way, since the phone doesn't support all the features of P2.

Drum kits can be exported from Patterning 2 -> Patterning for iPhone. The iPhone version also gives you access to all of the Cloud Kits, but you cannot currently create your own kits.... (It will likely stay that way as the focus is a streamlined. on-the-go version of the app, not a full featured version.)

• @benkamen said:

@ksound said:
    Instabuy whether Patterning 2 or separate app, as long as the work made in one can be used in the other.

It will be a separate app, free to download, with an IAP ($4.99 on launch) to unlock saving and full exporting features.

Songs can be exported from iPhone -> iPad, but not the other way, since the phone doesn't support all the features of P2.

Drum kits can be exported from Patterning 2 -> Patterning for iPhone. The iPhone version also gives you access to all of the Cloud Kits, but you cannot currently create your own kits.... (It will likely stay that way as the focus is a streamlined. on-the-go version of the app, not a full featured version.)

Excellent news, I love all things Patterning, and can’t wait to use it on the metro and miss my stop.

• @benkamen said:

@ksound said:

I see this version being extremely popular. Smart move

• @lazyass said:
    Yep, I > @lukesleepwalker said:

+100. I got almost all AUv3 drum machines but none of them became 100% Patterning replacement

Poly2 meets the AU brief.

• @auxmux said:

@lazyass said:

Maybe I haven't given it enough time but I don't find Poly2 as immediate and satisfying as Patterning.

• edited March 2020

@lukesleepwalker said:

@auxmux said:

@lazyass said:

Maybe I haven't given it enough time but I don't find Poly2 as immediate and satisfying as Patterning.

Yeah, it requires a bit more work and Patterning 2 is more intuitive but after initial hurdle, it's fantastic. Also, now has multi-bus AU support for each of the 8 tracks.

• Patterning 2 for me is by far the best drum app. Intuitive, versatile, and great fun. For an AUv3 version I would pay quite a bit extra money, really.

• I've been tempted for a long time but never taken the plunge, this'll probably hook me in 👍