Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

App Collection Screenshots 2020

Longtime members of the forum will remember that we have occasionally shared our app collections, though it's been a while.

This thread I started showcasing our collections/hordes was from 2016:
https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/12640/app-collection-screenshots/p1

Let's see what our spice racks look like now...bring on your screenshots!

Here's mine, as of Feb. 27, 2020, spread over two pages of my 256GB Air 3 with DAW's, MIDI and AUv3 plugins on the first page & synths, drums & other Instruments on the second.

I'll add my screenshot from the old 2016 thread to demonstrate how many apps you can accumulate in a few years...

Comments

• edited May 2020

Well, maybe since we’re all prisoners at home & have bought a shit load of new apps from COVID19 sales, this thread will get a few participants...because it was farted at when I first posted it, lol.

Here’s my two pages of iOS Music Production Apps as of today, my last pickup was the excellent Pure Synth by @GospelMusicians and I splurged on the IAP’s too which are ruthless. The 8 bit stuff is capable of more than chiptune, they sound crazy good. So take a few screenshots and either show off how hopeless you are to resist a sale or how you can get what you need from just a handful of apps...

EDIT: Updated pics on 4/11, 4/17 and now 5/4 to reflect the addition of the litany of apps I’ve bought with the sales. I probably wouldn’t be biting on so many of the new on sale apps but Amazon had messed up my acct. royally so they refunded my Prime fee and a few purchases so it’s kind of like found apps or something...right? Oh...

• I stopped creating folders when whenever swipe down search was introduced, because I don't have the patience to organize. I don't know even how many I have installed or how many pages they all take up. LOL. Everything is searchable in AUM or AB too.

• @auxmux said:
    I stopped creating folders when whenever swipe down search was introduced, because I don't have the patience to organize. I don't know even how many I have installed or how many pages they all take up. LOL. Everything is searchable in AUM or AB too.

+1

• All my au effects and a few more synths are tucked away in a subfolder on another page... but this is my main army right here

• @jolico love the emoji titles - neat idea 😻

• edited April 2020

@richardyot said:
    @jolico love the emoji titles - neat idea 😻

I know @richardyot I thought “how is he doing that!” for a second until it hit me: emojis, lol.

@jolico @Gaia.Tree Very cool, got the standards and some out there apps...

• Wow!! How much for buying all that lot?!
    IOSSOS...

• @IOSSOS said:
    Wow!! How much for buying all that lot?!
    IOSSOS...

Actually much less than the device they’re on :smiley:

• Backed up the iPad tonight, took some screenshots so I know what's installed. :smile:

• I realy dislike background images, they distract me immensely.

But I like to sort my stuff on pages and folders, even if I often use a search to find them.
    It helps me sorting my mind too :)

First page: My main Apps

Second page: All types of Synth Apps

Third page: All effects, mastering stuff, equalizer, MIDI Apps, generative Apps, any sonic Apps, etc.

Those folders with an "n-" in front of the name, have more than one page inside.

• Addicted...

• So addicted

• @elanov said:
    So addicted

Lol, many of us are in that boat...

Awesome collections @baudious , @tja , and @Sequencer1 ! That’s what I’m talking about!

• edited April 2020

^^ Total doesn’t reflect sale prices that I usually buy apps for — so probably roughly half that, all in. Not a single regret here, since I look at it from the perspective that the same amount would have scored me maybe one really nice HW synth - vs the countless hours of fun and collective power I have at my fingertips from the best iOS music has to offer.

• @Eschatone What's that exactly? A database App?
    How did you get the data inside? Manually typed in?

• @tja said:
    @Eschatone What's that exactly? A database App?

Mystuff2 Pro database app.
    just typed in the name of each app and copied app PDF manuals/overviews and photos to each entry. Handy little resource to have for large collections.

• @Eschatone Mystuff Pro is great! I'm using it since I've owned my iPad 1 and it's still one of the most intuitive yet powerful DB apps.

• Let's see what our spice racks look like now...bring on your screenshots!

A screenshot of all 4pockets apps must look funny 😜

• @Eschatone said:

@tja said:

just typed in the name of each app and copied app PDF manuals/overviews and photos to each entry. Handy little resource to have for large collections.

@rs2000 said:
    @Eschatone Mystuff Pro is great! I'm using it since I've owned my iPad 1 and it's still one of the most intuitive yet powerful DB apps.

I tried around with Ninox, which I liked so far. But I did not regularly use it:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/ninox-database-for-ipad/id838880711?l=en
    Free iPhone version:
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/ninox-database/id1004635818?l=en

But MyStuff2 Pro looks very interesting from first impression.
    Anybody able to compare?

Earlier, I also tried Airtable, but now they require an account, which made me delete the App.

• @tja From looking at the description and screenshots, Ninox doesn't seem as deep as MyStuff and it it looks like it doesn't support any standard cloud storage (like WebDAV, ftp, sftp, ...) but they rather want you to upload all your private data to their servers.
    I don't really like the idea.

• tjatja
    edited April 2020

@rs2000 said:
    @tja From looking at the description and screenshots, Ninox doesn't seem as deep as MyStuff and it it looks like it doesn't support any standard cloud storage (like WebDAV, ftp, sftp, ...) but they rather want you to upload all your private data to their servers.
    I don't really like the idea.

They offer both individual and team options.
    Only the team options require an account:

https://ninox.com/en/pricing

(EDIT: Below the options and prices for "Individual" is a long comparison)

The individual options work either on your device only, or can sync between devices with iCloud - no servers involved.
    But yes, no other cloud storage.

I found MyStuff2 Pro quite interesting too!

Downloaded it now, but it seems to offer some standard database. Need to take a closer look.

• @tja said:
    I found MyStuff2 Pro quite interesting too!

Downloaded it now, but it seems to offer some standard database. Need to take a closer look.

Yes, that's just a demo. It's quite flexible and very customizable, it doesn't force you into a certain structure or hierarchy.

• @Eschatone said:

@tja said:

@Eschatone that is brilliant man; I'd looked up some speadsheet type apps & collection catalogs but never found something I dug using.

I keep my stuff sorted pretty much in the folders, but app manuals I keep in the iBooks app, which is very hit or miss...

• @jolico love your idea to implement Emojis ;) cool

• @purpan2 said:

Man what if @purpan2 isn't just busting balls and Skram is his de facto "studio"? Could you cats do a 4 song EP or jam with just one app/platform? I'll readily admit I couldn't...

• @JRSIV said:

@Eschatone said:

@tja said:

@Eschatone that is brilliant man; I'd looked up some speadsheet type apps & collection catalogs but never found something I dug using.

I keep my stuff sorted pretty much in the folders, but app manuals I keep in the iBooks app, which is very hit or miss...

I can recommend DEVONthink To Go for adding, sorting and searching PDFs or other documents!