Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How to make triplet hi hats in zenbeats drum sequencer?

Experimenting with the drum programming in zenbeats

I found if you drag a drum note this creates triplet notes~ super useful for doing trap hi hats snare rolls etc

But I can only figure out how to do this from the selected note all the way to the end of the sequence

How can I just create a triplet in a single note slot or toggle triplets for existing drum notes?

Thinking this may be an esoteric feature that not many users have figured out yet~ @MatthewAtZenbeats , if this is the case do you mind educating us? I couldn’t find any mention of it in the built in lessons

Comments

• edited February 2020

@annahahn said:

I found if you drag a drum note this creates triplet notes~ super useful for doing trap hi hats snare rolls etc

But I can only figure out how to do this from the selected note all the way to the end of the sequence

How can I just create a triplet in a single note slot or toggle triplets for existing drum notes?

Thinking this may be an esoteric feature that not many users have figured out yet~ @MatthewAtZenbeats , if this is the case do you mind educating us? I couldn’t find any mention of it in the built in lessons

Is this what you are looking for?

Now, let me try and find how you created ‘triplets’..

• @annahahn Have you tried using the sub-divide option in our automation graphs feature? If not double click on any of the drum headers and check it out.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!An-CJOcBc3IllJo9m3uy-bRZhHn2hg?e=Su1Zs9

• @RajahP thank you so much for this!!

This seems similar but slightly different

Please see the attached screen grab ~ those white lines on top of the drum notes indicate a subdivision created using the dragging method I described in my first post ~ BUT when you create the subdivision using the automation parameter it is not notated using the white lines in the sequencer view

Is there a way to toggle the number of subdivisions/white lines in a note in a way that is visible in the sequencer view?

• For detailed triplet view, try switching to the MIDI editor view.

• Hi @MatthewAtZenbeats ~ yes I have tried this thank you! It seems we are playing tag just missing each other in the forum.

Do you see what I mean about the white lines in the post I just made a moment ago above this note?

Also~ sent you an email earlier today whenever you have a moment

Hope you are well!

• @RajahP To do so, click/touch and hold on an empty cell and drag to the right. it will add notes in the musical order from 1/2 notes, 1/4 notes, and up

Question for you both... what would you think if we enabled you to touch on an existing hit and drag left or right to divide it (without going into the automation graphs)?

@RajahP said:

@annahahn said:

• That sounds great, maybe left for reverse too? Really looking for a quick intuitive drum editor right now, zenbeats on my radar but not gone for the full version just yet...

@MatthewAtZenbeats said:
    @RajahP To do so, click/touch and hold on an empty cell and drag to the right. it will add notes in the musical order from 1/2 notes, 1/4 notes, and up

Question for you both... what would you think if we enabled you to touch on an existing hit and drag left or right to divide it (without going into the automation graphs)?

@RajahP said:

@annahahn said:

• @MatthewAtZenbeats said:
    @RajahP To do so, click/touch and hold on an empty cell and drag to the right. it will add notes in the musical order from 1/2 notes, 1/4 notes, and up

@RajahP said:

@annahahn said:

I WOULD ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS!! Pretty please🎄🎁

Just to clarify to make sure that I understand the current state~ right now there is no way to just change the subdivisions of a single note from sequencer view because dragging to the right fills up the sequence with repetitions until is full at which point it starts subdividing the notes?

Also right now in the current implementation there is no way to see subdivisions from the sequencer view without entering the automation view?

Thank you so much again @MatthewAtZenbeats

• Hit the icon with 4 blocks left upper screen, change grid to triplets.
    Hit the icon next to the automation icon, this switches gridview.
    Now you can enter triplets. Press and hold on the grid, in the pop up menu you can turn off snapped. Now you can draw notes more free hand.

• edited February 2020

@Krupa , perhaps if drag to the left creates subdivisions, drag down could reverse?

• @annahahn said:
    @Krupa , perhaps if drag to the left creates subdivisions, drag down could reverse?

👌

• or try a delay FX, automating it where you want triplets. Very workable...

• Just went to check zenbeat’s editor - up/down already does velocity which is pretty intuitive and useful... Maybe long presses could be utilised for other functions - reverse etc? @annahahn @MatthewAtZenbeats

• Thanks to all for this discussion, i’ve learnt a great deal just trying the techniques discussed. It’s such an instant tool for drums that I normally just get the kick going with a few hi-hats and then get swiftly immersed in the melodic playground.

Staying in the drums for a while and going into the automation menu, I realise it offers so much more.

+1 from me for the proposed main screen touch and divide, and/or add the lines when using sub-divide as requested by OP. Very enjoyable as is though.

• @MatthewAtZenbeats said:

It looks like people have a few ways they would like to use drag left/right actions. Subdivisions, reversing hits, and I would personally like to see it for push and pull. Maybe you could use a default behavior, but also allow advanced users to set what parameters they would like to control with the gestures?

• Related point about triplets - for reference, Gadget allows this - sequencing swing/shuffle style patterns using triplets in the sequencer - not on the note as discussed above. Being able to subdivide a beat by thirds or sixths, so that you can manually program a shuffle type of beat. I love this kind of beat, and I know it can be done because Gadget allows for this, as does DrumPerfectPro.

I should also like to do it in ZenBeats. Is this currently possible?

• @eustressor Yes, it is possible to do in Zenbeats..

@jaijai said:
    Hit the icon with 4 blocks left upper screen, change grid to triplets.
    Now you can enter triplets. Press and hold on the grid, in the pop up menu you can turn off snapped. Now you can draw notes more free hand.

• @royor said:
    @eustressor Yes, it is possible to do in Zenbeats..

@jaijai said:
    Hit the icon with 4 blocks left upper screen, change grid to triplets.

Thank you! Very much appreciated 😊