Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Chorus D by Mani Consulting Limited Company

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1499061277

Description:

Chorus D is an audio unit effect inspired by a classic chorus stomp-box. It is not a circuit clone of the original. Rather, we studied the design and then made our own variation of it with a similar tone and character.

This effect is unique among chorus designs because it always maintains a constant pitch shift in its two wet signal paths rather than shifting the pitch up and down with a sine wave LFO. This avoids the swimming, underwater sound some chorus effects have. The result is a bigger, richer sound that is very steady and doesn't sound so out-of-tune.

The user interface of this effect is extremely simple: it has a choice of six presets, selected by each of six buttons. The presets range from subtle and dry on the left to heavy and wet on the right. Like the original that inspired it, every preset is tasteful and musically useful.

This plugin has just one great-sounding chorus effect and that's all. If that's what you are looking for then we think you'll not be disappointed.

NOTE: this is an audio unit plugin. It runs inside of host apps such as GarageBand.

Comments

• Thanks.

Maybe I will buy after beta expires.

Is 8.99 an intro price?

Even if simple I like how it sound.

• Do love the thickening of a nice chorus, but they've got a lot to do to bump FAC off the top spot. Interested to hear views by any early adopters/appaholics etc.

• So, it doesn't have any parameters. I love FAC Chorus, so not sure about this one. I love Mani's other apps.

• @auxmux

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Do love the thickening of a nice chorus, but they've got a lot to do to bump FAC off the top spot. Interested to hear views by any early adopters/appaholics etc.

This one is based on the design of the Roland / Boss Dimension. It’s a distinctly different sound from most other chorus effects.

Also, there are several days left before the beta test expires. If you are curious, track down the thread on this forum from about two weeks ago when we posted the call for beta testers and you’ll find a link you can use to install the last prerelease beta.

• @Charlesalbert said:
    Thanks.

Maybe I will buy after beta expires.

Is 8.99 an intro price?

Even if simple I like how it sound.

We might take the price up a little higher after the first week or two.

• So it's a Boss Dimension emulation, down to the simple interface? Very cool.

• edited February 2020

I just tried the Test Flight version and then bought it. It’s quite lovely to my ears - and subtle. Even if I could get the same effect from things I already have (I haven’t tried but I suspect I couldn’t) I appreciate the convenience of it.

Main problem is choosing which level to use! Six buttons may be too many (just kidding - don’t take them away!).

@Blue_Mangoo Can I suggest you improve the UX of the bypass button? It’s not immediately obvious what state is ‘on’ and what is ‘off’. You press ‘on’ and it looks to me like it goes off.

• @Blue_Mangoo bought it.

For me it sounds very good even if I already have a lot of effect this is very subtle and lovely to my ears.

It also is a good idea the test flight. It is like a good try before buy.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Do love the thickening of a nice chorus, but they've got a lot to do to bump FAC off the top spot. Interested to hear views by any early adopters/appaholics etc.

If it's doing what I think it's doing, it's a different sound. Smoother and creamier maybe.

• @qryss said:
    I just tried the Test Flight version and then bought it. It’s quite lovely to my ears - and subtle. Even if I could get the same effect from things I already have (I haven’t tried but I suspect I couldn’t) I appreciate the convenience of it.

Main problem is choosing which level to use! Six buttons may be too many (just kidding - don’t take them away!).

@Blue_Mangoo Can I suggest you improve the UX of the bypass button? It’s not immediately obvious what state is ‘on’ and what is ‘off’. You press ‘on’ and it looks to me like it goes off.

Hm... That button is just a standard iOS control, we didn’t design it. Did we get it backwards? Or maybe the purple background makes it confusing. I’ll check again. Thanks for the info.

• No auv3 at these prices in 2020 is a rip off. And just an intro price? Hoooo

• @sclurbs said:
    No auv3 at these prices in 2020 is a rip off. And just an intro price? Hoooo

It’s auv3

• edited February 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • On my to get list.

• @Max23 said:

@cian said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

If it's doing what I think it's doing, it's a different sound. Smoother and creamier maybe.

The point of dimension d is to not sound like the usual lfo wobble chorus
    It’s subtile but noticeable (sounds boring if u turn it off)
    It’s the secret sauce to a lot of sounds
    Try to insert it in the fx send before the reverb
    (Yes it’s that vocal sound ;) )

Good advice. Bought. Can see a/the value with vox.